VoerteX Reloaded(VXR) Beta 1.5!!! DE-BLOATED and RE-THEMED!!! COME GET SOME!!!!!

This is a discussion on VoerteX Reloaded(VXR) Beta 1.5!!! DE-BLOATED and RE-THEMED!!! COME GET SOME!!!!! within the Vortex forums, part of the Gingerbread Roms category; Disclaimer: By rooting your phone you have already voided your warranty. I am not responsible for anyone who downloads this ROM and has problems, including ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: VoerteX Reloaded(VXR) Beta 1.5!!! DE-BLOATED and RE-THEMED!!! COME GET SOME!!!!!

Developer
    Developer
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 6.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registeredCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

VoerteX Reloaded(VXR) Beta 1.5!!! DE-BLOATED and RE-THEMED!!! COME GET SOME!!!!!

Disclaimer: By rooting your phone you have already voided your warranty. I am not responsible for anyone who downloads this ROM and has problems, including bricking, breaking, or damaging your phone. Download at your own RISK!!!!!! This is here for those who want a ROM with great battery life and great speed! Please enjoy!

Well this may not look pretty like the other devs........but here it goes!

I have been given permission to take on the Vortex rom and give it a little boost! So far I am thinking little then going big. Although you will find some fun stuff inside their is not theme or framework changes. A few suggestions would be to not use Vortex Toolbox because it is buggy and I haven't had time to fix it yet or look into it. When you change govs, you might want to use the boot menu.

ROM:
    VorteX Reloaded a.k.a VXR: This rom is based off of the latest Vortex RC1 and I added a few things to give it an update. The reason I put (VXR) in their is because I don't want people to use Vortex for short. It may get confusing, so I thought VXR was fitting? Maybe not but I like it!

Changes:
    VXR beta1.5
    Added beats audio
    Added NEW THEME credit Alfadon
    Added reboot recovery fix
    Fixed a logger issue (possible better battery life and speed)
    Added Circle battery mod (Personal Favorite) credit Alfadon
    Added Lag fix to Launcher (should be much snappier) Credit Bmc08GT
    Added JellyBean Wallpapers
    Took out DSP for now
    De-Bloated

For .621
    All the same add-ons plus
    Wifi fix
    All-In-One update (Be careful...if you install this zip it will update you to .621 if your on .605 you have been warned)

Old Builds:
    VXR beta1.0
    1. Added Bootmenu - Credit wizardof0's
    2. Added Liberty style Camera - Credit Liberty Team
    3. Added GPS enhancement - Credit Bobcaruso
    4. Extra apps taken away (Kindle, Gallery3D, and skype)
    5. Market is fixed.......Vortex RC1 would not update now it does.
    6. MMS fix is included......Vortex RC1 needed an MMS fix so I included it in here.
    7. Facebook sync.......... I recommend using Friendcaster lite or pro
    8. BoostedAssv2....... This comes with Bootmenu but Credit - BMc08GT
    9. MY own personal boot animation that I kanged up and put together. Credit goes to the guy who made the boot animation and I changed. Sorry I don't remember where I got it from.

Known Issues:
    1. InteractiveX not working properly - still working on it
    2. Launcher hotseat issue - still working on it
    3. keyboard blue not purple - may change lol

Download link For .605: Goo.im Downloads - Downloading VXR_beta1.5.zip

For those of you on .621/.604 This is for you: Goo.im Downloads - Downloading VXR_621_Beta1.5.zip <-------(AGAIN I warn you, IF you are not on .621/.604 then this one will update you to it. It is an AIO, make sure you know what you are on!)

Old Links to beta 1:
    .605: Goo.im Downloads - Downloading VorteX_Reloaded_1.0.zip
    .604/.621: Goo.im Downloads - Downloading VorteX_Reloaded_621.zip

Big thanks goes out to:
    BMc08GT For helping me
    Wizardof0s For helping me
    Liberty Team - for their Liberty ROM
    AndroidX8791 For helping me
    Alfadon for the Awesome theme
    Also My Testers! They stayed with me even though I bricked them once or twice lol.

Future Changes:
    These are a little harder for me to do but I am confident I will be able to do them. I am making these goals but not promises
    1. Lockscreen options
    2. Screenshot in power menu
    3. InteractiveX gov fixed
    4. More de-bloat!
    5. many many more I am sure that I can't think of.

Credit:
    DevVortex - for giving us this amazing ROM!
    Liberty Team - for their ROM which I kanged from to get bits and pieces
    Wizardof0s - For his amazing bootmenu and skills which made this ROM amazing
    BMc08GT - For his BoostedAssv2 gov
    Alfadon - For theme

Thanks to everyone following this ROM and your support! I am having fun and plan on a lot more. I want to get the most out of my DX and the most out of a GB ROM. Vortex is leading the way! If I forgot anyone or did not credit anyone let me know. Sorry if I didn't!

Donations: If you wish to donate then please consider donating to DeVortex as well because he is the orignal creator of this rom. I only took the rom and am trying to keep it alive. Donations would be more than appreciated but definitely not necessary. I love what I do and want to learn more as I go. Donations will help keep the wife off my back however

Screenshots: snap20120709_003459.pngsnap20120709_003452.pngsnap20120709_003434.png
    Last edited by Slothly; 07-12-2012 at 12:01 PM.
    2dulu2u likes this.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0.6%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Sweet..... will be flashing this very soon....thanks for all you do

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums
    Check out my customized swypes .........http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...keyboards.html

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    I'll give it a whirl in a slot. I haven't really been flashing much lately, but why not?
    Check out my themes:

Simple Sideways - MIUI lockscreen - Simple Sideways Dark - Touch of Green - Vortex RC1 - Christmas theme (in case you miss it) - Vortex RC1

Developer
    Developer
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registeredCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeems View Post
    I'll give it a whirl in a slot. I haven't really been flashing much lately, but why not?
    The only suggestion I will make for putting this rom in a slot is you may have to make a nandroid first then restore it in the slot. For some reason that is the only way others have got it to work! Good luck!

X Pursuant
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Slothy I installed this in a slot no problem. Working like a charm so far. Great work

Check out my customized swypes .........http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...keyboards.html

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 595
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    446 times
    I wish I had my dx!!!!
    I loved vortex but the UI was awful. This one is amazing.

I would for sure be running this one if I had my Dx. Cudos to the dev!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    FreeMyMoto!!!
    If you need help PM me!!!
    Hey, Read these.--------------> "GUIDELINES OFCONDUCT"

X Pursuant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Slothy you might have been right. After about an hour with no calls or text i tried to open my dialer and it wouldn't..... trying a different method and if it doesn't work i will be creating a nandroid to use

X Pursuant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Just an update. i tried the first time to install this in a slot over the previous vortex reloaded build, ended up without dialer text, etc... Second install in boot manager I did a clean install and i have my phone and text, etc. Only 2 issues I have at the moment is when I press the home hard key it does nothing and I didnt have a keyboard(lucky I had swype backed up in titanium backup)?? is this supposed to be like that or is it a boot manager issue? Either way i can press the back hard key to get to the home and i have swype so my keyboard issue is fixed. So far very snappy and responsive. Great job on the build

Developer
    Developer
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ems3 View Post
    Just an update. i tried the first time to install this in a slot over the previous vortex reloaded build, ended up without dialer text, etc... Second install in boot manager I did a clean install and i have my phone and text, etc. Only 2 issues I have at the moment is when I press the home hard key it does nothing and I didnt have a keyboard(lucky I had swype backed up in titanium backup)?? is this supposed to be like that or is it a boot manager issue? Either way i can press the back hard key to get to the home and i have swype so my keyboard issue is fixed. So far very snappy and responsive. Great job on the build
    I think it may be a boot manager issue. Both are not problems I have seen. I'm glad you like it

You can't gain anything if you don't venture out into the unknown.

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Boot manager slot install worked fine for me, all 3 wipes. phone, text, keys, browsing, camera. no issues. smooth as butter so far. The boot took a long time, but that's typical vortex. I might have to change some of the purple though .
    Check out my themes:

Simple Sideways - MIUI lockscreen - Simple Sideways Dark - Touch of Green - Vortex RC1 - Christmas theme (in case you miss it) - Vortex RC1

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads