[ROM] VorteX RC1

This is a discussion on [ROM] VorteX RC1 within the Vortex forums, part of the Gingerbread Roms category; Originally Posted by draexo Is Vortex Android base 2.3.3???? Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums Yes Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: [ROM] VorteX RC1

Technician X
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by draexo View Post
    Is Vortex Android base 2.3.3????

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums
    Yes

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I have s few questions.
    What do the four throttle functions do, is it necessary to run the kickass kernel tweaks, supercharger, and 3g turbocharger, and is it safe to flash boot animations?

Oh and every time I try to install the green 1% battery icon I end up bootlooped.

~PheoniX the Droid X relayed this for me.
    Last edited by Chocobubba; 12-01-2011 at 05:33 AM.
    I have great respect for developers, but if you use air push ads you're dead to me.

X Informant
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey guys, I just recently rooted after hearing about that whole incident regarding Carrier IQ. I wasn't too sure if it was on the Droid X but I decided that I should just root it anyway. I've been meaning to root for a while and I'm glad I did and went with Vortex.. however I have a few questions
    1. Is there a way to change the boot animation? I find the stock blue vortex ride black hole thingy too long. lol
    2. As stated before, what exactly do the throttle functions do? I'm on the 10% battery icon in the notification and I'm running Throttle on Ten Percent
    3. If I'm running Go SMS Pro, do I need to patch the message .zip in the beginning post?
    4. If I would like to install this theme, [THEME] VorteX GingiBlur Blue - RootzWiki, how would I go about doing so?
    And I think that's it for now... I'm deeply sorry if these are noob questions and if they have been answered before. I'm trying to figure it all out and hope for the best in getting everything right.

Thanks!!!

Agent X
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 1.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocobubba View Post
    I have s few questions.
    What do the four throttle functions do, is it necessary to run the kickass kernel tweaks, supercharger, and 3g turbocharger, and is it safe to flash boot animations?

Oh and every time I try to install the green 1% battery icon I end up bootlooped.

~PheoniX the Droid X relayed this for me.
    Can't help with first part. When I installed the green icon it took a little longer than normal to boot. How long are you waiting and if you pull battery does it boot back up like normal?

What rom do I run today??
    1kds SBF http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...-problems.html
    If you are in a state of "OMG I jacked my phone up". Go here for help.http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rescue-squad/

Agent X
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 1.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ajc2892 View Post
    Hey guys, I just recently rooted after hearing about that whole incident regarding Carrier IQ. I wasn't too sure if it was on the Droid X but I decided that I should just root it anyway. I've been meaning to root for a while and I'm glad I did and went with Vortex.. however I have a few questions
    1. Is there a way to change the boot animation? I find the stock blue vortex ride black hole thingy too long. lol
    2. As stated before, what exactly do the throttle functions do? I'm on the 10% battery icon in the notification and I'm running Throttle on Ten Percent
    3. If I'm running Go SMS Pro, do I need to patch the message .zip in the beginning post?
    4. If I would like to install this theme, [THEME] VorteX GingiBlur Blue - RootzWiki, how would I go about doing so?
    And I think that's it for now... I'm deeply sorry if these are noob questions and if they have been answered before. I'm trying to figure it all out and hope for the best in getting everything right.

Thanks!!!
    1. Yes. Best source is to find Harley dudes thread on boot animations. Has nice animations and directions on how to make the change. Vortex boot ip is longer than normal so any ani you use will seem long.
    2. Gonna skip. Dont mess with the throttle part.
    3. No you dont need to patch. Its for the stock sms.
    4. Download the rc1 zip. Follow the install instructions. It says 2.8 or 2.9, but it will work for rc1 also
    Last edited by csk415; 12-01-2011 at 04:57 PM.
    What rom do I run today??
    1kds SBF http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...-problems.html
    If you are in a state of "OMG I jacked my phone up". Go here for help.http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rescue-squad/

X Lurker
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Can you use wireless tether with this Rom? What app is best?

Technician X
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggebarwood View Post
    Can you use wireless tether with this Rom? What app is best?
    Yes you can. You can try this http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/

X Lurker
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by savagerun View Post
    Yes you can. You can try this android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums
    Is this different from Barnacle Wifi?

X Informant
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    OMg thank you!

Also, I have a few more questions:
    1. When I install the new theme, does everything get erased? Or does it just change the look of RC1? I'm confused exactly what changes if I were to install that theme
    2. Is there a way to change the "tv shut off" transition when I click the power button to shut off the screen?
    3. Also, this is a big question; What exactly is the difference between the various types of back up in, Titanium Backup, Astro File Manager, My Backup, ROM Manager? I'm really confused on what to use. If anyone could point me out the the right direction that would be awesome!
    4. I noticed that RC1 didn't remove certain apps like Amazon Kindle, News & Weather, Social Network, etc (other apps that I thought would have been removed) if I were to "freeze" them using Titanium Backup, is that sufficient enough to get rid of them? Or should I just uninstall it using Titanium Back up

OH GOD I'M SUCH A NOOB... :[

Technician X
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ajc2892 View Post
    OMg thank you!

Also, I have a few more questions:
    1. When I install the new theme, does everything get erased? Or does it just change the look of RC1? I'm confused exactly what changes if I were to install that theme
    2. Is there a way to change the "tv shut off" transition when I click the power button to shut off the screen?
    3. Also, this is a big question; What exactly is the difference between the various types of back up in, Titanium Backup, Astro File Manager, My Backup, ROM Manager? I'm really confused on what to use. If anyone could point me out the the right direction that would be awesome!
    4. I noticed that RC1 didn't remove certain apps like Amazon Kindle, News & Weather, Social Network, etc (other apps that I thought would have been removed) if I were to "freeze" them using Titanium Backup, is that sufficient enough to get rid of them? Or should I just uninstall it using Titanium Back up

OH GOD I'M SUCH A NOOB... :[
    When you install a theme it doesn't erase everything you can go to this link of Wulf's themes and it gives a description of what is changed http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/wulf-droid-x-themes/ The tv crt effect you should be able to go in settings > display and turn off animations if you don't want it. I like it myself.
    Titanium backup is a must have as far as im concerned to make it easy to back apps and data and makes it very easy to restore apps and app data going from one rom to another. You mentioned uninstalling apps which i wouldn't do just freeze them instead. My Backup i never used and rom manager i purchased but really never found a good reason to use it lol...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast

Ads