[GUIDE] How to install Eclipse 2.0.1

This is a discussion on [GUIDE] How to install Eclipse 2.0.1 within the Droid X2 Support forums, part of the Droid X2 Forum category; This guide is use at your own risk. DXF or myself take no responsibility for what happens to your phone. That being said in the ...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [GUIDE] How to install Eclipse 2.0.1

Agent X
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 1.6%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times

[GUIDE] How to install Eclipse 2.0.1

This guide is use at your own risk. DXF or myself take no responsibility for what happens to your phone. That being said in the unlikely event something does go wrong, the friendly people here will do there their best to help you out.

UPDATE: Updated guide to reflect the 2.0.3 update. 2.0.3 may be flashed over 2.0.1 or 2.0.2 after wiping cache and dalvik cache. Data wipe is not necessary as long as you're currently on eclipse 2.0.1 or 2.0.2.

UPDATE: The original guide still will work fine but with the creation of 1KDS's linux sbf/root ISO it can now be a little simpler.

1. Download 2.3.5 update and Eclipse 2.0.3 and place both zips in the root directory of your external sdcard.

2. Download 1KDS's X2 EzSBF Linux ISO (link can be found in SBF guide) and burn to disc/make bootable USB drive.

3. Use the EzSBF to SBF your phone.

4. When prompted to factory reset by the ISO, do so. After the factory reset is complete you can install the 2.3.5 update from your sdcard.

5. Once the install is complete, reboot and skip through new device setup (you'll just have to do it all again when you flash eclipse)

6. Once you're at the stock 2.3.5 home screen, choose root and install BSR (Bootstrap Recovery) from the ISO and follow the on screen instructions.

7. After rooting/BSR install, your phone will reboot, when it's finished located "System Recovery" in the app drawer, launch it and follow the on screen instructions to boot into custom recovery.

8. Wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache, install eclipse, and reboot.

For more detail on some steps (i.e. booting into custom recovery, using custom recovery, etc...) refer to the complete guide below.

This guide is intended to help you install eclipse 2.0.3 on your Droid X2 ONLY

What you'll need:

On the phone:

You will need the 2.3.5 update zip, eclipse 2.0.3 zip, and Tenfars X2 bootstrap recovery already downloaded and on the root directory of the external sdcard (for stock users this is /sdcard-ext.)

On the computer:

You will also need everything necessary to SBF your phone and zergRUSH to root your phone, if you have not done this please refer to step 3 for a link to my SBF guide and step 6 for a link to my zergRUSH guide which has all the necessary download links.

Download links:

Eclipse 2.0.3
    2.3.5 update zip
    X2 bootstrap recovery

The Guide

Step 1: Charge your battery to 100%

Step 2 (OPTIONAL BUT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED): Make a Titanium backup of your apps and a Nandroid backup in Bootstrap recovery.

Step 3: SBF your phone to version 2.3.4 My X2 SBF guide

Step 4: Boot into stock Android Recovery. This is done by powering off your phone, then holding the volume down button, then turn the phone on. Once you see "fastboot" at the top of the screen release the volume down button. Press volume down till the top of the screen reads "Android Recovery". Press volume up. Now Press volume up AND down at the same time. Using the volume keys to navigate and the power button to select the highlighted choice, highlight wipe data/factory reset (you may skip this IF you already did it when you SBF'd, which you probably had to), now apply update from sdcard. Highlight the 2.3.5 zip file you downloaded and moved to your sdcard and install it. After it's finished select reboot system now.

Step 5: Once your phone is booted, tap the android on the screen and activate your phone. Once this is finished skip through the rest of the setup procedure (adding gmail, accounts, etc...) as you'll just have to do it again after you flash eclipse. Press the menu button, then settings, then about phone and read the Android version. It should say 2.3.5, if so continue. If not then you skipped the last part of step 4 where you install the 2.3.5 update zip from your sdcard, so you'll need to reboot into stock recovery and install the 2.3.5 zip before continuing.

Step 6: Root your phone with zergRUSH My zergRUSH guide

Step 7: Once your phone has finished rebooting from the root process open the app drawer, tap "Files", tap "sdcard", locate bootstrap_signed.apk and tap on it. Tap install. After the app is finished installing tap "Done". Open your app drawer and locate "System Recovery", tap to open it. Tap "Install Recovery", when superuser prompts you tap "allow", after "Install Success!" appears tap "Okay". Plug your phone into a WALL OUTLET (not a USB port) and tap on "Recovery Mode". This will reboot your your phone into bootstrap recovery, also known as BSR or custom recovery.

Step 8: Navigate the same way you would in stock recovery (volume keys move, power selects) Select and perform "Wipe DATA/Factory reset", next select and perform "Wipe CACHE partition", select "Advanced", select and perform "Wipe Dalvik Cache", select "+++++Go Back+++++", select "Install zip from SDCARD", select "choose zip from sdcard", locate the eclipse 2.0.3 zip file (it should be named X2-Eclipse-v2.0.3.zip) highlight, select it, and install it. After it's finished choose "reboot system now"

Step 9: Once the phone finished rebooting (the first boot can take a minute or two longer due the system rebuilding the cache) setup your phone and enjoy!

I hope this guide has been useful for you.

Cheers

Last edited by juhde; 01-22-2012 at 06:45 PM.
    thibaulb likes this.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Super Mod Team Lead
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Overall activity: 44.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Stickied

Agent X
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 2.6%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    is it necessary to sbf to 2.3.4 if im already on 2.3.4 stock with root?
    Addicted to technology but don't always get it!

Agent X
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    if you can get 2.3.5 to install then no, if it won't install then yes.

Sent from my Android device.

Agent X
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 2.6%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    cool. gonna give it a try.... whats the worst will happen - ill have to sbf?! hahaha!
    Addicted to technology but don't always get it!

Agent X
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Exactly

X Operative
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Hey juhde this may be a retard question....but if I made a nandroid when I was on stock 2.3.4. Can I just flash that and then install 2.3.5? I don't know if I did because I named them by date....if that will keep me from SBF -ing with every update then I need to get smart and always do a nanroid and name it the stock whatever android version right????

Sent from my molten hot DX2

Agent X
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    You can try but you've probably save time just sbfing. The deal is the 2.3.5 update is official so it depends on an intact 2.3.4 system partition. If there are any mods to your 2.3.4 backup then the 2.3.5 install will fail.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    the zergrush root simply doesnt root my phone, and i honestly dont know what im doing wrong, im doing exactly what it says lol. im trying my hardest not to throw my phone out the window, but im doing a factory reset right now to see if this was the solution to my problem.. if anyone is up, i could use some help.

Agent X
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Tell me exactly what you're doing.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads