User poll

This is a discussion on User poll within the Off-Topic Discussion forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; Originally Posted by gbrinn Still rocking... out to Brittany Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2 Come on G keep it in ob ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: User poll

Super Mod Team Lead
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Overall activity: 44.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrinn View Post
    Still rocking... out to Brittany

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Come on G keep it in ob thread brother.
    Sg3 is my DD but still haz the X just no time to play with it . Some day ..

tap'd from my rooted device

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Overall activity: 46.9%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Upgraded to a Gnex when they came out. Been using the X as a fancy alarm clock radio. Still playing with roms. Flashed Liquid ICS not too long ago.

Blasting through space on a masculine Unicorn
    BOOT MANAGER......5 roms 5 times the fun!

Agent X
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 1.2%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Still rockin my DX and still loving MIUI GB.

But I've been fighting the upgrade bug. Looked at the Galaxy SIII today. Cool looking phone.

Is the GS3 all it's hyped up to be?
    Is it in fact a locked bootloader as I thought I read somewhere?
    If locked, do you mind that?
    What's your advice if I'm considering the S3 or next iPhone 5 or Maxx or GNex or other?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    I need two DX's.. One to try rom's on and one for MIUI because it's THE daily driver for me so I'm not messin' with it.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    727 times
    Yes, the bootloader is locked. I just read that the unlocked version can now be flashed to it, though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    "I stopped reading dystopic novels a long time ago. If I want bleakness and despair, I can look at my checkbook." - Solomon Short

"Master of Puppets I'm pulling your strings / Twisting your mind, smashing your dreams
    Blinded by me, you can't see a thing / Just call my name, 'cause I'll hear you scream
    Master / Master
    " - Metallica

DX Forums "Guidelines of Conduct"

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    384 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bsbabcock View Post

But I've been fighting the upgrade bug. Looked at the Galaxy SIII today. Cool looking phone.

What's your advice if I'm considering the S3 or next iPhone 5 or Maxx or GNex or other?

The main question ....is what do you want your phone for.... if you want more roms than you can flash in a day...route Google, . Go gnex...if you want a reliable phone, great battery, radio, and build....with development...go maxx...the s3 is all its cracked up to be...I believe.. and like g said, you can push the unlocked boot loader to it....

tap'd from the Gnex

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 595
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    446 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDroid View Post
    The main question ....is what do you want your phone for.... if you want more roms than you can flash in a day...route Google, . Go gnex...if you want a reliable phone, great battery, radio, and build....with development...go maxx...the s3 is all its cracked up to be...I believe.. and like g said, you can push the unlocked boot loader to it....

tap'd from the Gnex
    And honestly coming from a phone without a locked bootloader. Its not that big of a deal. I mean yeah its cool to flash kernels but it wouldn't be required for me. However a no skinned device is just got pure awesome sauce.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    FreeMyMoto!!!
    If you need help PM me!!!
    Hey, Read these.--------------> "GUIDELINES OFCONDUCT"

Agent X
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 1.2%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Good advice. Yeah I can see as I've been rockin MIUI on a DX with locked bootloader that it's not that huge a deal. I imagine if the S3 has pretty great battery life and at least can be debloated, it's a consideration.

The Maxx battery life does sound great though if they got the stock rom done better than the DX's which one can hope they did.

I know one thing.. Ergonomically and screen size, about any of above are nicer than the 4s iPhone. Apple better step it up with the new one if their phone division doesn't want to pull a RIM. Android is continuing to thrive for sure.

I need two DX's.. One to try rom's on and one for MIUI because it's THE daily driver for me so I'm not messin' with it.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    727 times
    Thinking S3 for me...

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    "I stopped reading dystopic novels a long time ago. If I want bleakness and despair, I can look at my checkbook." - Solomon Short

"Master of Puppets I'm pulling your strings / Twisting your mind, smashing your dreams
    Blinded by me, you can't see a thing / Just call my name, 'cause I'll hear you scream
    Master / Master
    " - Metallica

DX Forums "Guidelines of Conduct"

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Overall activity: 43.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bsbabcock View Post

IMO -

I'll just post my S3 thoughts here as I've discussed my thoughts on other recent devices ad nauseum, but its getting more and more updated for the S3 as I've been using it more and more.

As far as sheer power - this phone, when running AOSP, is the most powerful Android device I've ever had the pleasure of playing with. This includes my Nex 7. There may be others out there that can do more, but this phone absolutely tromps on it when running AOSP. This isn't quadrant scores (code isn't even really optimized for this device yet, its still quite rough actually) but its just so utterly, smooth, and fast. I've been running JB for a few weeks now and Project Butter is in full effect and I couldn't be happier.

3G/4G has very good reception. Not as good as a Moto (that's extremely hard to come by) but about the best I could expect from a Sammy phone. RIL is still getting hacked out on AOSP, but stock is perfect, and AOSP is passable currently if you are in a 4G market (3G is still a bit sketchy, but its getting continuously improved, 4G works as good or better than stock) battery life will EASILY get you through the day. Its no MAXX, but it levels it all out. Insanely powerful, decent battery life, decent reception, GORGEOUS screen, great engineering (its so thin! and light! I didn't like the plasticky feel but with a TPU case it feels just perfect). And now the bootloader has been cracked, things should start going crazy. There's a few small concerns with losing some sensitive data when ROM flashing but it can be backed up so if you do that first you really have no worries.

To be honest, every day I'm with this device, something else blows me away. Not necessarily a feature, but the speed and smoothness just makes it an absolute joy to use, day in and day out. Absolutely no lag, no hitches or hesitation, no nothing. I really can't speak highly enough of my own experiences with it.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    384 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BHuber09 View Post
    And honestly coming from a phone without a locked bootloader. Its not that big of a deal. I mean yeah its cool to flash kernels but it wouldn't be required for me. However a no skinned device is just got pure awesome sauce.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Lol B at the last sentence.... but agreed on all that. :thumbup:

tap'd from the Gnex

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads