Almost time for an upgrade

This is a discussion on Almost time for an upgrade within the Off-Topic Discussion forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; My DX has been awesome but its upgrade time and I think it's time for something with more horsepower. I have it narrowed it down ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Almost time for an upgrade

X Operative
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 2.7%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Almost time for an upgrade

My DX has been awesome but its upgrade time and I think it's time for something with more horsepower. I have it narrowed it down to Rezound, Lucid, or Bionic. The Customer service rep said of those 3 the Bionic has had the most problems in terms of having to be returned but the other 2 have a good reputation. Can anyone comment on their experiences with any of these 3 devices. Thanks... Also do any of these come with a car dash mount included in the box? Thanks again.
    Last edited by marioval; 04-02-2012 at 09:28 AM.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Operative
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 2.6%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Galaxy nexus.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums
    68 88 32 45 32 79 67 32 49 46 50 32 103 104 122 32 71 66 32 118 46 48 53 13 10

Advocate X Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    My DX has been awesome but its upgrade time and I think it's time for something with more horsepower. I have it narrowed it down to Rezound, Lucid, or Bionic. The Customer service rep said of those 3 the Bionic has had the most problems in terms of having to be returned but the other 2 have a good reputation. Can anyone comment on their experiences with any of these 3 devices. Thanks... Also do any of these come with a car dash mount included in the box? Thanks again.
    You should try the New ROM's the Dev's have Released it might change your mind... SERIOUSLY

Its Bubba
    It's Going Along for the Ride...

"Stubborn In You're Bones"

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    384 times
    The rezound I've heard both good and bad....no comment on the other two...bionic, well the Rep said it for yah.....the kit, not sure, you may be able to get a deal if you talk to the Rep or something....barter lol gl though ..

Sent from my DROIDX

X Operative
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 2.7%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by The persuader View Post
    You should try the New ROM's the Dev's have Released it might change your mind... SERIOUSLY

Its Bubba
    You're probably right but I want 4G speeds as well. I'm also thinking a front camera would be nice so I can video chat with the wife who will be getting an iphone. I was leaning toward the Rezound then I saw the battery specs, 6.7hours talk time, 261hours standby, thats worse that the X and I never though that was great. Probably doesnt matter though since I am always charing, at home, work, in car, its always on a charger..... Its only $50 with an upgrade though, the rest of the specs may make it worth it. Dual 1.5 processors, 16GB internal, 1080p video camera. Not too shabby.

Advocate X Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    You're probably right but I want 4G speeds as well. I'm also thinking a front camera would be nice so I can video chat with the wife who will be getting an iphone. I was leaning toward the Rezound then I saw the battery specs, 6.7hours talk time, 261hours standby, thats worse that the X and I never though that was great. Probably doesnt matter though since I am always charing, at home, work, in car, its always on a charger..... Its only $50 with an upgrade though, the rest of the specs may make it worth it. Dual 1.5 processors, 16GB internal, 1080p video camera. Not too shabby.
    My friend has a 4G phone but it spends most of its time in 3G...Its an Upsell...

Now the Phone of choice check out the New phones to be released soon don't be so quick to jump... I could have upgraded Months ago but I'm getting the same feel with these New ROM's the Dev's have Released
    It's AWESOME

Its Bubba

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I upgraded to the razr maxx. Only had it a week, but no regrets so far :-) its been rooted and I've gotten rid of some bloat. I've also figured out how to still use the car dock from my dx for the maxx. Simply take out the 4 screws from the back, gently pry open the front from the back of the dock, remove the charging wire, screw the dock back together, remove the sleeve that's in place for those x's not in a case, and good to travel. The car dock mode isn't triggered by using the x's mount but saves you the $30+ that vzw charges in store. Only issue I have with my razr maxx is that it's not properly creating a backup of my rom in cwm. No .android_secure file created in the backup folder. There's an easy root program to root, unroot, and restore the stock system (though haven't tried returning to stock yet) you might consider the battery life, or there's new phones due the next few months by moto using the same battery, or there's quad core beasts with up to 2 gigs of ram around mid year or so. Easiest thing to do is go to a vzw store and spend time playing around with each phone, and make sure you get something you'll be happy with for the next 18 months.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid X Forums
    ryant35 likes this.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by The persuader View Post

Its Bubba
    I would love to flash new roms, but, all them seem to have bugs one way or another.

Super Mod Team Lead
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Overall activity: 44.1%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessnut View Post
    I would love to flash new roms, but, all them seem to have bugs one way or another.

Vortex rc1 very solid easy to flash excellent battery life... not a bug that I noticed

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Advocate X Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    How ya Do'in Chessnut...

Your Right with some Bugs...

But the New Phones can have Bugs too...All I am saying is give yourself a chance to experience a New ROM from this Forum...

There are so many Members/Lurkers/Staff people to help you here...Will get you on your "A Game" and work thru the issues...Most are Cosmetic

I'm Not saying to you not to Upgrade...Just Experience the ROM's here without having to Upgrade so soon..

What you Buy Today might be Old News Tommorrow...Just a thought...

Its Bubba
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessnut View Post

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads