Galaxy Nexus, Razr Maxx, or wait?

This is a discussion on Galaxy Nexus, Razr Maxx, or wait? within the Off-Topic Discussion forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; Hey guys, i'm hoping to get some input on a few things. Here' just a brief summary of a few things: 1. Have a Droid ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy Nexus, Razr Maxx, or wait?

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 4.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registeredCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Galaxy Nexus, Razr Maxx, or wait?

Hey guys, i'm hoping to get some input on a few things. Here' just a brief summary of a few things:

1. Have a Droid X and another phone which brings my monthly charge to above $125. I want to get rid of the second phone because no one uses it anymore but it has a upgrade available for it so i've been keeping it to transfer the upgrade to my Droid X when i finally want to get a new phone. Although now i am just wasting money paying the bill for a phone i never use.
    2. My Droid X has a loose charging port and it is quite aggrevating having to set my phone down just perfectly to charge it lol.
    3. Been looking at the Galaxy Nexus but am not a fan of the screen at all (regardless of the 720p). Also been looking at the Razr Maxx and messed around with both phones at the verizon store and enjoyed the Razr more then the Nexus. Only thing stopping me from the Maxx is the locked bootloader because i do root and am a fan of flashing ROM's.

Should i transfer the upgrade and buy the Nexus or Maxx? Or do you think i'm better off waiting for a bit to see what new phones will be coming out?

P.S. My Droid X upgrade is available sometime in April so i am leening towards canceling the other phone and just trying to stick it out for a bit with the Droid X and ignore the stupid charging port lol.
    MIUI + V6 Supercharged Script + 1.3 GHz Overclocked =

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 595
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    446 times
    Personally I say go nexus so motor will start unlocking their bootloaders. But don't wait for the next best. There will always be the next best. Just get in a mess with them and get the one you'll be happy with.

FreeMyMoto!!!
    FreeMyMoto!!!
    If you need help PM me!!!
    Hey, Read these.--------------> "GUIDELINES OFCONDUCT"

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registeredCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BHuber09 View Post
    Personally I say go nexus so motor will start unlocking their bootloaders. But don't wait for the next best. There will always be the next best. Just get in a mess with them and get the one you'll be happy with.

FreeMyMoto!!!
    Now see that's the thing, the idea of the nexus is amazing but the cons that i see are:

1. Pentile screen
    2. Battery

When i played with the nexus at the store, it was exceptionally slower then the Maxx, maybe it was just that specific phone but i could easily notice a difference.

And the cons for the Maxx imo is:

1. Locked bootloader
    2. 4.3" screen (not a very bad con though)
    3. does not have ICS and will not be updated as often as the Nexus

X Lurker
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm in the same boat. I'm on my 3rd, yes, 3rd Droid X from Verizon. And my wife is on her 2nd.

I didn't cause any of the problems the phone came with them. Each one different and Verizon replaced then for free. So I don't now if it is the company that is referb'n these phones for Verizon or just junk that Motorola is putting out.

So I'm on the fence about getting anything else from Motorola.

Anyone have bad problems like that with the Razr or Nexus?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    My personal opinion, and everyone's eyes prefer things differently, if you think the galaxy nexus amoled screen is bad you'll probably think the qHD pentile screen of the razr is worse.

For MY money (not yours haha so this may not even matter to you) on a 2 year contract I'd rather have a phone that will be continuously updated for those two years regardless of how much better the specs may be on another phone that would lose manufacturer support within 6 months. Not to mention its a fully opened device, never have to worry about taking an update and losing root till someone finds an exploit.

In reality get what phone you think you'll enjoy most up until your next upgrade (lot of help there huh haha)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cory46; 02-13-2012 at 02:52 PM.

If you think you have bricked your phone... do this.... stop look around say a few curse words then take a deep breath because you haven't we can fix this haha

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MicroIvan View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I'm on my 3rd, yes, 3rd Droid X from Verizon. And my wife is on her 2nd.

I didn't cause any of the problems the phone came with them. Each one different and Verizon replaced then for free. So I don't now if it is the company that is referb'n these phones for Verizon or just junk that Motorola is putting out.

So I'm on the fence about getting anything else from Motorola.

Anyone have bad problems like that with the Razr or Nexus?

If it makes you feel any better, i'm on my 5th or 6th Droid X, i lost track.

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cory46 View Post
    My personal opinion, and everyone's eyes prefer things differently, if you think the galaxy nexus amoled screen is bad you'll probably think the qHD pentile screen of the razr is worse.

For MY money (not yours haha so this may not even matter to you) on a 2 year contract I'd rather have a phone that will be continuously updated for those two years regardless of how much better the source specs may be on another phone that would lose manufacturer support within 6 months. Not to mention its a fully opened device, never have to worry about taking an update and losing root till someone finds an exploit.

In reality get what phone you think you'll enjoy most up until your next upgrade (lot of help there huh haha)

Haha appreciate the help, did the Razr Maxx also pentile screen?? It looked a lot better then the Nexus did? Or maybe that's how bad my eyes have gotten haha.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NITRO2 View Post
    Holy smokes!! I have had the same phone since release day ** knock on wood**

If you think you have bricked your phone... do this.... stop look around say a few curse words then take a deep breath because you haven't we can fix this haha

X Lurker
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NITRO2 View Post
    Wow I thought I had bad luck!

I'm not up to date and the latest phone coming out this year... Sorry... Does any other company have anything that might be comparable to the Nexus?

Advocate X Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cory46 View Post
    Holy smokes!! I have had the same phone since release day ** knock on wood**

Same here... Those refurbished are always a problem

Its Bubba
    It's Going Along for the Ride...

"Stubborn In You're Bones"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads