Lets-Post-The-Rest-Of-Our-Conversation-Here-To-Not-Hijack-Someone-Elses-Thread Thread

This is a discussion on Lets-Post-The-Rest-Of-Our-Conversation-Here-To-Not-Hijack-Someone-Elses-Thread Thread within the Off-Topic Discussion forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; I had wanted to call this thread, "The 'Let's-Post-The-Rest-Of-Our-Conversation-Here-So-We-Don't-Hijack-Someone-Else's-Thread' Thread." But the title was too long, apparently. Lol. But at any rate: We all know ...

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Lets-Post-The-Rest-Of-Our-Conversation-Here-To-Not-Hijack-Someone-Elses-Thread Thread

Agent X
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 2.5%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times

Lets-Post-The-Rest-Of-Our-Conversation-Here-To-Not-Hijack-Someone-Elses-Thread Thread

I had wanted to call this thread, "The 'Let's-Post-The-Rest-Of-Our-Conversation-Here-So-We-Don't-Hijack-Someone-Else's-Thread' Thread." But the title was too long, apparently. Lol. But at any rate:

We all know how it goes. Someone posts a thread and amungst trying to help eachother - and because we are all chatter-boxes - we get way off of the subject matter of the thread.

So, I thought I would make a fun, light hearted thread where we all can continue our conversations so we can still show respect for eachother by not getting too carried away on eachother's threads.

The rules are simple:

1) Follow the Forum's house rules and TOS.

2) When in doubt, see Rule #1.

3) And there are no other "rules."

Being that this is designed to be a totally random thread and "hijacked" on a daily basis - The Watering Hole. 19th Hole. Local bar etc. - just remember to follow the Forum's rules ----> so it doesn't turn into Tombstone and the MODs have to come in here and Wyatt Earp your aaa....uhhh... butt.

And please try to name the person or cut and paste their quote before going on to what you were talking to them about. That way it will be easier for people to automatically "filter" through to their conversation.

Please, no private/personal info type stuff here. It is good practice not to post your email addy (unless you want to be herassed and stalked by spammers. (Thanks, MICHO, for reminding me of that one day))

And one last thing, it is my hope that this will be a place where you can link the person to if you were to take the conversation somewhere. Kind of like a communications radio asking someone to meet you on such-and-such a channel.

This way you don't have to worry about clogging up your PM inbox. And plus it's more fun to evesdrop on eachother, right? Lmao! J/K. We all have a great sense of humor and like to talk to eachother. So I am sure that different conversations can take all kinds of entertaining turns.

To elaborate a little more on what I said earlier, it can be like a place where a bunch of friends end up accidently bumping into eachother with different conversations already going on. Lol

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain
    "King Of The 'Self-Edit'"

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Agent X
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    And I'll start, seeing as I was a culprit in this very thing. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by gbrinn View Post
    ROFLMAO!

I remember the "Trash-80" computers. That was back in the bad-old-days of multiple OSes that were incompatible: Trash-80, Commodore, IBM-DOS, Apple, Osbourne, etc. Nothing worked together...ugh.

Our first computers were all Apples (have an original Mac, signed by the engineers as my Mom worked in an Apple store back then). Switched over to the IBM-clone/Microsoft OS in the late 80's as Macs just went to crap and didn't keep up on decent hardware.

Of course, now I've derailed this thread and am probably talking over the heads of most people here as I bet most aren't old enough to remember the early 90's, much less the 80's, lol.
    gbrinn, if you made it over, (yeah, I didn't mean to hijack his thread, either, and get waaay off track)

I was just a kid but definately remember those days. And I remember my dad teaching me what little Basic (I think that was the language then) he could teach a kid that later decided to concentrate more time in sports (lol). And I remember going into the "computer lab" and finding out that those same commands kind of worked on an old Apple/MacIntosh. Befor Jobs and Gates split ways. ( When did Oregon Trail first make it's debut? Do you remember? I want to say it was around '83? ) Remember Tandy? Lmao!

And then after the Trash-80, he got a PC. A "Packard-Hell" ...I mean Bell. It was a .386 EGA screen! LMAO!! And then VGA came out. And what were those old Asus laptop conputers costing people? $4,000? $5,000+?? I believe Asus were the ones that made the first "laptop," right? And they were HUGE!!! (Compaired to standards now-a-days). Like the old heavy brick Moto phones that doubled as a heavy weapon for self defense? And the garage door openers the size of an old Atari game console!

Ahhh, nostalgia...

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    LMAO!

Like the thread idea ffg.
    "FEZ aims to create a non-threatening world rich with ambiance,

a pleasant place to spend time in."

X Informant
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Like this so much...

I'm so guilty

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Agent X
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 1.6%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    No *name redacted*, I don't agree with you. In fact I'm really sick and tired of your pointless posts where you do nothing but state the same exact thing that has already been said in the thread no less than three times.

I'm quite fed up with your know it all attitude, if you were half the guru you claim to be you wouldn't have *specific information redacted to protect the identity of target user*

And also *keeping it clean for the sake of our children*.

If I was a God fearing man I'd pray for you, sir.

Sent from my Android device.

Agent X
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    I really like this thread lol.

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Quote Originally Posted by juhde View Post
    No *name redacted*, I don't agree with you. In fact I'm really sick and tired of your pointless posts where you do nothing but state the same exact thing that has already been said in the thread no less than three times.

I'm quite fed up with your know it all attitude, if you were half the guru you claim to be you wouldn't have *specific information redacted to protect the identity of target user*

And also *keeping it clean for the sake of our children*.

If I was a God fearing man I'd pray for you, sir.

OMG!!! You have no idea how hard I laughed and for how long! I am STILL laughing!!

Quote Originally Posted by fezrock View Post
    LMAO!

Like the thread idea ffg.
    Thank you, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbull View Post
    Like this so much...

I'm so guilty

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    I think we all are. Lol! (MODs excluded, of course. Lmao! )

*Edited

Agent X
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    OMG!!! You have no idea how hard I laughed and for how long! I am STILL laughing!!

That's because you know EXACTLY who I'm taking about.

And I didn't even have to tell you, you just know.

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    juhde,

You didn't have to call me out like that. You could have just come to me right off the batt in a PM or something and tell me how you felt about me. Lmao!

Agent X
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    juhde,

You didn't have to call me out like that. You could have just come to me right off the batt in a PM or something and tell me how you felt about me. Lmao!

Don't make me buy you a beer you big baby.

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads