The 500,000 post thread (50,000 by the end of the year?)

This is a discussion on The 500,000 post thread (50,000 by the end of the year?) within the Off-Topic Discussion forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; I would hate to see the day if your X ever got lost or stolen, stuff happens all the time like that and at the ...

View Poll Results: Is this thread awesome?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!!

45 70.31%
  • No

19 29.69%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 870 of 2691 FirstFirst ... 370 770 820 860 868 869 870 871 872 880 920 970 1370 1870 ... LastLast
Results 8,691 to 8,700 of 26903
Like Tree1191Likes

Thread: The 500,000 post thread (50,000 by the end of the year?)

Agent X
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Overall activity: 9.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    I would hate to see the day if your X ever got lost or stolen, stuff happens all the time like that and at the end of the day you gotta realize its just an electronic device and its replaceable. Getting too attached to them sometimes isn't always a good thing.

Sent from my DROIDX

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 21.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsThree FriendsCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    251 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXFanatic View Post
    I would hate to see the day if your X ever got lost or stolen, stuff happens all the time like that and at the end of the day you gotta realize its just an electronic device and its replaceable. Getting too attached to them sometimes isn't always a good thing.

Sent from my DROIDX
    I agree.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 21.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsThree FriendsCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    251 times
    Starving post!

Banned
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXFanatic View Post

Sent from my DROIDX
    I understand, but I don't have $600 to replace my X if that happened and my parents won't pay for a replacement. But as far as me being so attatched to my X, I cannot control that as a result of my condition.

Banned
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    If I'm with out my X, its like a diabetic without insulin, as they can't live without it. My shrink told me that I have to have my X with me all the time so I dont have severe anxiety attacks. My anxiety attacks arev severe enough to where I've injured myself before. So I have to have my X with me 24/7. And as far as the issue is with my sisters, as long as I keep them under control, they will be fine, but my parents don't know how to handle them because they're too out of control, so most of the time, I have to keep them under control, because my parents don't know what to do, so they rely on me to help them. They came from dysfunctional homes too, and they are too afraid to discipline them, because they dont want to make them feel that they hate them and lash out the way I did when I was 12. But it isn't easy, but I'm the only one who can make things work, because my parents are too afraid of them being hurt. They even told Mum, "you're.not our Mum, Droid is, cuz she treats us better and helps us, and you don't". Mum just goes to her room in tears and I'm the one who has to comfort her because no one elsr will. I do feel like their Mum, but I make them call me Droid instead of Mum. That's what I prefer. I do stuff with them that's more important or productive than watching the telly all day. When I'm in charge, tv and l video games are not allowed because they need to do other stuff. I also make them do chores with me and cook, and do what kids need to do more, which is play outside, without their iPhones to distract them. I have my X on me, because I have to have it in me, but they dont have my condition so they can and need to learn how to be without their phones all the time. When my parents are home their playing games and watching tv most of the time, until I tell them that its time to do other stuff, and they don't like that , and try to put up a fight but I don't let them get away with it. Also I make them do their hw and I check it everyday and I have their teachers email me what their homework is everyday and what is needed to be done, instead of my parents , because my parents treat them more like best friends instead of their kids. And I attend their teacher-parent meetings because I'm more involved with their life, than the parentals are. Also I don't let them eat stuff that's unhealthy either. So I'm the strict disciplinarian instead of my parents. They try to disrespect me, but they dont get away with it. Its not easy raising my sisters, but I do a better job than my parents do. They have walked all over the parentals so much that my parents dont know what to do anymore, which makes things difficult, but I'm the only one who can teach them how to act, and I teach them how important proper ettiqutte is as well. I follow some of the beliefs of European people when it comes to good manners, but leaving my X put away during family meals isn't one if them, but they're not allowed to have their iPhones at the table unless were eating out.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Also they've learned to say Grace before they eat, and my sisters and I eat together during meals at home while the parentals watch tv and eat. Although my sisters try to disrespect me, they like me better because I do better things with them and make better stuff to eat than my parents do. The most difficult part of raising them is when they are rude and disrespectful.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    384 times
    Coffee coffee

Sent from my DROIDX

Super Mod Team Lead
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 70.4%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Member #
    Liked
    716 times
    Self edit post.

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    "I stopped reading dystopic novels a long time ago. If I want bleakness and despair, I can look at my checkbook." - Solomon Short

"Master of Puppets I'm pulling your strings / Twisting your mind, smashing your dreams
    Blinded by me, you can't see a thing / Just call my name, 'cause I'll hear you scream
    Master / Master
    " - Metallica

DX Forums "Guidelines of Conduct"

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 460
    Overall activity: 13.3%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    445 times
    Revived a seriously old thread post

FreeMyMoto!!!

FreeMyMoto!!!

If you need help PM me!!!
    Hey, Read these.--------------> "GUIDELINES OFCONDUCT"

Super Mod Team Lead
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 70.4%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Member #
    Liked
    716 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BHuber09 View Post
    Revived a seriously old thread post

FreeMyMoto!!!
    Resurrecting threads? We don't need zombies running around!!!
    "I stopped reading dystopic novels a long time ago. If I want bleakness and despair, I can look at my checkbook." - Solomon Short

"Master of Puppets I'm pulling your strings / Twisting your mind, smashing your dreams
    Blinded by me, you can't see a thing / Just call my name, 'cause I'll hear you scream
    Master / Master
    " - Metallica

DX Forums "Guidelines of Conduct"

+ Reply to Thread

Ads