Who is getting an Android tablet to go with their Droid X? Xoom?

This is a discussion on Who is getting an Android tablet to go with their Droid X? Xoom? within the Off-Topic Discussion forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; as soon as best buy has the wifi xoom i'm getting it ( only credit card i have is bb) I'm avoiding the g-tab solely ...

View Poll Results: Will you be buying an Android Tablet- may be a Xoom?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, ASAP!

8 44.44%
  • No.

7 38.89%
  • May be.

3 16.67%
  • I don't know about that.

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Who is getting an Android tablet to go with their Droid X? Xoom?

X Conveyor Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    as soon as best buy has the wifi xoom i'm getting it ( only credit card i have is bb)

I'm avoiding the g-tab solely for the fact samsung seems to take their time with updates even more than moto, like the fascinate still running 2.1

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App
    Last edited by mandog202; 03-13-2011 at 12:57 PM.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Agent X
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    The wifi hosting is so cool.i wish the x had that

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 3.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    $599 isn't that much money?

X Informant
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i saw where they are rooting nook colors running 2.2.1 have the andriod market and all even running kindel on the nook lol i may just buy that and root it

X Informant
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ay yiyi the tablet issue... i have drooling over the Ipad since the first version came out however I can never justify the 500 price tag for the lowest version... now with the xoom out i absolutely love my X and would contemplate a xoom but even with the rumored staples version its even more than the ipad.... i really want a tablet but how does everyone no matter which one you own justify the price? Some say they are not laptop replacements and others say they havent looked back at their laptop.. is the price really justifyable with either of these gadgets are or they really just a toy?

Technician X
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    It depends. Is a tablet a laptop replacement? Not entirely. Obviously the hardware precludes certain content creation tasks. But for what the majority of the average person does on the computer, it would absolutely serve as a replacement.

You should still buy a laptop first if you need mobile computing for work/school, but a tablet is awesome to have around the house. Most homes will eventually have at least one.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I bought one on the 24th. Didn't even think twice about it. Actually almost pulled the trigger several times last year on an ipad, but hate the empire and refuse to support it. Tried to get and root a couple of other "android" tablets, but they just were too buggy. Looked really close at the Samsung, and almost purchased one around X-Mas on a deal. But had just seen the specs on the XOOM and decided to be patient. I am so glad I did.

I am in sales and need mobile computing. The more bleeding edge I am, the more opportunity I have to stay on top of information and customers needs. Both the kids have hand me down laptops, wife has a PC and I have a new laptop I got late last fall. Couple that with my X and my wife's Incredible and we are one hooked up family.

If you can afford the money for the XOOM it is worth it. Don't look at is as justified, just pull the trigger and don't look back. I pay cash for everything, haven't had a credit card in more than 5 years now. So if I can't pay for something right now, then I don't need it.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    332 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow02 View Post
    It depends. Is a tablet a laptop replacement? Not entirely. Obviously the hardware precludes certain content creation tasks. But for what the majority of the average person does on the computer, it would absolutely serve as a replacement.

You should still buy a laptop first if you need mobile computing for work/school, but a tablet is awesome to have around the house. Most homes will eventually have at least one.
    Yep for all those times you wished your phone was bigger. Plus Angry Birds is a blast on a 10 inch screen

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

X Informant
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikefishes View Post
    I bought one on the 24th. Didn't even think twice about it. Actually almost pulled the trigger several times last year on an ipad, but hate the empire and refuse to support it. Tried to get and root a couple of other "android" tablets, but they just were too buggy. Looked really close at the Samsung, and almost purchased one around X-Mas on a deal. But had just seen the specs on the XOOM and decided to be patient. I am so glad I did.

I am in sales and need mobile computing. The more bleeding edge I am, the more opportunity I have to stay on top of information and customers needs. Both the kids have hand me down laptops, wife has a PC and I have a new laptop I got late last fall. Couple that with my X and my wife's Incredible and we are one hooked up family.

If you can afford the money for the XOOM it is worth it. Don't look at is as justified, just pull the trigger and don't look back. I pay cash for everything, haven't had a credit card in more than 5 years now. So if I can't pay for something right now, then I don't need it.
    thanks for the advice.. i have to wait for may cuz we just bought a flat screen tv thats only being paid off then... by then ill be able to make up my mind between the xoom and the ipad but i think i am going to take your advice and pull the trigger

Supporting Member
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 900
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Member #
    Liked
    392 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DebianDog View Post
    ...Plus Angry Birds is a blast on a 10 inch screen
    +1, I'm going back and playing through all the levels now...LOL...
    Where my time is spent away from the office!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads