@**$&^%!)# ..... :/

This is a discussion on @**$&^%!)# ..... :/ within the Off-Topic Discussion forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; sorrry for this semi random post but I feel like I just gotta type this out / say it in some wya shape or forum ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: @**$&^%!)# ..... :/

Agent X
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Overall activity: 1.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times

@**$&^%!)# ..... :/

sorrry for this semi random post but I feel like I just gotta type this out / say it in some wya shape or forum

my girlfriend of 2 1/2 years leaves tomorrow to study in Spain for 6 months

it never really started to hit me until last night / when I woke up....

...I guess at this point im just starting to feel num.....its hard to imagine that someone who is such a big / significant part of me and my life will be gone for half a year...sure we can skype/chat which will help but I cant help myself but wonder if she will still be the same when she gets back or vice versa....

anyone deal with this at one point or another? Being separated from a loved one for such an extended period of time?

any tips/ advice

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Agent X
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    She will be completely different after she comes back... but not in a horrible way... and not in a way you should be afraid of. Just keep in touch, but give her space and let her actually have the experience. This will be hardest on you, in your regular setting, wondering. but just remind yourself you are a sane, normal person and you shouldn't act otherwise... and you'll be fine. People have been away from each other longer and made it work. If you guys are good together and work well together, you'll be fine. And if you don't, it's better that you know now.
    Troubles installing OTA 2.3.340 Update? Click Here

X Operative Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    joey is right, it will be difficult, but im sure you have friends you can surround your self with. stay faithful obviously, and if you trust her im sure everything will be fine. its a chance in a lifetime for her so joey was right again let her enjoy that experience, girls hate nothing more than someone who smothers them with phone calls, texts, emails, etc. just enjoy the skyping and stuff while she is there and know that alot of times relationships are stronger after something like this. praying for safe travels for her and strength for you both!

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    thank you both, that has made me feel as comfortable as a can with the situation

if we can come out of this together then I also believe it will make us substantially stronger

I start school next week as well so im sure that should help in keeping my mind busy with other things

@ joey - if you ever make it out to traffic ridden socal Ill buy you a beer

X Operative
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    My girl and I were apart pretty much for 4 years of our relationship. I was in the navy and was on 2 deployments for 6 months at a time. Im not going to say it was easy all of the time but hey what is. I honestly think that it made our relationship stronger and we appreciate each other more because of it. I would sometimes go a month or so without talking to her when I was on deployment so it was hard at those points in time but we got through it and now we have been happily married for almost 5 years now. You will learn to appreciate each other more when she returns. I hope this puts you at ease a little bit.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Nothing that hasn't already been said - but the old saying "distance makes the heart grow fonder" and if it is it meant to be, this is a small building block in the foundation...good luck to ya both!
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

X Operative
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 1.1%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    It's only 6 months. Believe me, it will fly by and she will be back home in your arms before you know it.

It may not hurt to tell her how you're feeling - I assume you're excited for her, but as you said, you hate the prospect of not being around her for the next few months. Open lines of communication always help. My two most serious relationships (including the one with my now-wife) have been long-distance. With my wife, it was about as far apart as you can get in the lower 48, with me in NC and her in SoCal. If you are both committed to this, you will find a way to make it work, and yes, I echo what Droidinite said about how time apart makes you appreciate time spent together so much more.

Take her out tonight, have a nice dinner, don't waste time watching a movie, and go do something where both of you can enjoy each other's company.

Agent X
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    dsk has a great point. just tell her you're sad and you'll miss her. don't hamper the joy or excitement of her trip, but make her feel special. let her leave on a note that's going to make her miss you too. when she gets lonely in a new place she can think about knowing that you're there waiting for her and it will comfort her.

and thanks bud haha i won't ever turn down a free beer
    Troubles installing OTA 2.3.340 Update? Click Here

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    thank you everyone

we have spoken about our feelings towards the situations quite a bit which has helped but now that its happening its just like ahhhhhhhh

I did get her a nice heart gold locket necklace with a few pictures of us in it for xmas

all this has helped me be at ease a bit more so once again thank you and it is all very much appreciated

X Conveyor
    Overall activity: 0.6%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    tell her not to go running with the bulls...that sh!+'s dangerous!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads