Went to a party last night - I was the only rooted

This is a discussion on Went to a party last night - I was the only rooted within the Off-Topic Discussion forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; I went to a B-day party last night that had quite a few people and at least 6 Android phones. I was very surprised the ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Went to a party last night - I was the only rooted

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    332 times

Went to a party last night - I was the only rooted

I went to a B-day party last night that had quite a few people and at least 6 Android phones. I was very surprised the see that out of all the phones there I was the only one rooted.

I was showing them my rooted Apex build on REVolutionBlu and it was like they were seeing fire for the first time. lol.

I guess hanging out here gives me a alternate view of reality. Around here if you are not rooted with a ROM plus a theme you are some type of noob

Thanks for making me feel smart!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Member #
    Liked
    786 times
    Anytime DD. Im a social outcast amongst my group. Evo, og Droid, mytouch 4g, nexus, galaxy and im the only one that cares about my phones performance and efficiency!

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    I have decided to find new friends to hang out - LOL...granted I am not on a custom ROM but my X has been rooted since it could be...sometimes, they just don't understand..
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Before I bought my DX secondhand, I did a lot of research and knew that rooting unlocked the hidden potential of the phone. I was rooted within hours of getting it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    Three Friends500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    The Root community is a very small percentage of users.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

X Conveyor Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    what bnb said. id bet its 1% of droid users are rooted tops.

im rooted but the only thing i have done is the addition of two apps, nothing else so not all rooted users do all the roms either..

X Lurker Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

So where can we go for answers if not rooted

I'm considered a really high tech person by my peers. But you need to know that I'm a 75 year old grandma and my peers are just as creaky as I am. The X is my third Droid. Had the first one a week after it came out and didn't use the keyboard within a month, got the incredible and hated the UI very quickly and used my husbands upgrade to get my X. Love it. But I'm definitely not techie enough to root. Pretty much everything I know or have learned about my phone has been on this forum and I thank everyone who has helped me a lot. But it has become the forum for rooters and that's fine with me. But I'd like to know if there is a forum for non-rooted people where I can occasionally go if I need answers/have a problem. It is easy to miss things when I find that I have to skip through the topics on this forum because of all the references to rooting, themes, roms, etc.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    Three Friends500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    This is not just a forum for rooters....There are more posts on root due to the fact they are more vocal.

Please start a tread and ask questions....We can't help you if we don't know what the problem is....

And I'm not rooted here....
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Member #
    Liked
    786 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fibermick View Post
    I'm considered a really high tech person by my peers. But you need to know that I'm a 75 year old grandma and my peers are just as creaky as I am. The X is my third Droid. Had the first one a week after it came out and didn't use the keyboard within a month, got the incredible and hated the UI very quickly and used my husbands upgrade to get my X. Love it. But I'm definitely not techie enough to root. Pretty much everything I know or have learned about my phone has been on this forum and I thank everyone who has helped me a lot. But it has become the forum for rooters and that's fine with me. But I'd like to know if there is a forum for non-rooted people where I can occasionally go if I need answers/have a problem. It is easy to miss things when I find that I have to skip through the topics on this forum because of all the references to rooting, themes, roms, etc.
    I would say post ur question. Out of the 20k members and thousands lurking, not everyone is rooted. Someone will always help.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    thats funny that you guys say that about the percentage ratio of the users that have phones being rooted. ive noticed the same about alot of people that do have androids. General public doesnt care about the phone other than the fact that they have it. The Droid X is a complicated phone as far as technology is concerned. If the one touch root method didn't come out i wouldn't have rooted because i don't really understand the whole computer code deal or i should say it would have taken me longer to make the decision to root. You guys are right, once you go rooted and it opens up all these options not available to you unrooted there isn't really any other choice anymore.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads