NEWB with less than a week with a new Droid X

This is a discussion on NEWB with less than a week with a new Droid X within the New Member Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Car home appears to be pulled from the market.. No can download.. darn. I've been so busy playing with beautiful widgets and multicon and a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEWB with less than a week with a new Droid X

Agent X
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 1.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Car home appears to be pulled from the market.. No can download.. darn.
    I've been so busy playing with beautiful widgets and multicon and a bunch of other things.
    Going to try custom car home and see how she runs.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bsbabcock View Post
    Car home appears to be pulled from the market.. No can download.. darn.
    I've been so busy playing with beautiful widgets and multicon and a bunch of other things.
    Going to try custom car home and see how she runs.
    Maybe is not the one you are looking for but it is showing on appbrain.com (car home)... car home - Search Android Apps on AppBrain
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

Agent X
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    I hope you guys don't mind if I post the obvious super-noob questions in this Hello thread as I'd hate to create a whole new thread for a silly question.. If needed, I can.

My question is about the launchers and theming.. Seeing the section yes and doing searches and scrolling pages on ADW and Launcher Pro, etc etc etc....
    Is there a generic "how to" or "what you have to do" thread, maybe a stickie even that I'm missing on what a newb should know before messing with these launchers?

Seems like it goes from novice threads to rooted, expert hacker threads.. I guess I'm frustrated with my sheer ignorance with the terminology. Granted, I've done some database design so I'm not a stranger to maybe not programmer level but power-user level so I know if it's something I really need to read up on, I'm on it.. Just having trouble finding a starting point.

So far.. Digging my DX.. Running the blur skin beautiful widgets with the standard stock setup, and getting a feel for that the thing is capable of, and not. Facebook contact sync'ing for example.. Downloaded an app for that which seemed to do nicely.. syncmypix I think it's called.
    Thanks for your time and patience with my newbescence.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    LauncherPro and ADW.launcher do not require root to operate - you merely install them and then customize them much like you did with the stock home app. I would recommend that you install "home switcher" as well as this will allow you to switch amongst the home apps especially if you set one as default (meaning when you press the home key, you will be taken to that particular launcher). LauncherPro and ADW are both very customizable and offer several more options than the stock home app (which has no end user settings).

If you download one and get stuck - just pop back in and ask...I use LP (it was easier for me to configure and offers a scrolling dockbar) however, ADW is very similar with a couple of different options that LP doesn't have.

Good luck!!

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Thank you and Wow.. So it's that easy then? Is uninstall as easy as well? If so, I've gotta try it.. maybe ADW first.

Sent from my DROIDX
    I need two DX's.. One to try rom's on and one for MIUI because it's THE daily driver for me so I'm not messin' with it.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    You can uninstall any app that you downloaded in the Market by going back into the market - downloads (or search for the app) - open the app and click uninstall...you want to be sure that you use the market to uninstall any paid apps especially within the first 24 hours as you can receive a refund.

You can also uninstall thru the phone settings - applications - manage applications - locate the app, open - click uninstall...

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Nice.. I installed the basic ADW.. Defaulted to it.. Looks like a new world of customizing awaits if the themes are also as easy.

On Home Switcher.. Looks like I'll have to consider a different route for toggling from adw and moto.. My X was factory-loaded with 2.2. I do a little searchy.. I'm guessing oh 20 or so threads on it. hehehehe

As it sits now, I was able to revert back to home by holding 'home', seeing "home" in recent apps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads