looking to make use of some old phones

This is a discussion on looking to make use of some old phones within the New Member Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Hello I've read a few post over the last week or so and fanially registered. I recently found a few verizon droid x2's and a ...

Thread: looking to make use of some old phones

looking to make use of some old phones

Hello I've read a few post over the last week or so and fanially registered. I recently found a few verizon droid x2's and a droid 2 gloabal in a drawer I guess I never traded them in in hope of a kids mni tablet but we evetually just bought them a tablet so recently I figured I'd try to root them since I haven't rooted a phone since like 2007. Problem is alot has changed and I can't seem to get a solid answer on my phones. my x2's run 2.3.5 kernel build 2.6.32.9 which I guess I'm confusing android version with kernel as none of the one click methods are working and I can't get any of the SBF files to boot but I may be doing it wrong. help would be appreicated,! forum sem awesome but these phones are older I know.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 305
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Member #
    Liked
    286 times
    Quote Originally Posted by merc4now View Post
    Hello I've read a few post over the last week or so and fanially registered. I recently found a few verizon droid x2's and a droid 2 gloabal in a drawer I guess I never traded them in in hope of a kids mni tablet but we evetually just bought them a tablet so recently I figured I'd try to root them since I haven't rooted a phone since like 2007. Problem is alot has changed and I can't seem to get a solid answer on my phones. my x2's run 2.3.5 kernel build 2.6.32.9 which I guess I'm confusing android version with kernel as none of the one click methods are working and I can't get any of the SBF files to boot but I may be doing it wrong. help would be appreicated,! forum sem awesome but these phones are older I know.
    with motorolas we usually refer to system versions (1.3.418)(4.5.629)
    root DX2 with [How to] Root 2.3.5/1.3.418
    root Droid 2 Global with Framaroot use 1.4 or 1.6 new ones don't work as well with motorolas

Sd_shadow. Man I read a lot of post that you created or commented on. My apologies I wrote the first post in haste just before getting off work. I've tried the following oneclicksPetes oneclicksuper one click v1,2, framaroot. Ive tried sbf. Using slitaz live cd. Rsd lite will not install on my freshly wiped. Win 7 64bit. Laptop.tried reserecting an old xp laptop but it may have been damaged in flood. With the oneclicks most say it's pushing the files and files access to local. One actually put superuser on the Droid x2. Another says fatal error memeory. But same version and android # and super user crashes when accessed. I really just want them running minimal os. To be used as wireless up cams. Or possibly rc. Cam Projects
    Last edited by merc4now; 01-17-2015 at 07:38 AM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 305
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Member #
    Liked
    286 times
    Quote Originally Posted by merc4now View Post
    Sd_shadow. Man I read a lot of post that you created or commented on. My apologies I wrote the first post in haste just before getting off work. I've tried the following oneclicksPetes
    Doesn't root 1.3.418
    oneclicksuper
    Doesn't root 1.3.418
    one click v1,2, framaroot.
    Doesn't root 1.3.418
    Ive tried sbf.
    which file?
    Using slitaz live cd.
    which file?
    Rsd lite will not install
    which file?
    on my freshly wiped. Win 7 64bit. Laptop.tried reserecting an old xp laptop but it may have been damaged in flood. With the oneclicks most say it's pushing the files and files access to local. One actually put superuser on the Droid x2. Another says fatal error memeory. But same version and android # and super user crashes when accessed. I really just want them running minimal os. To be used as wireless up cams. Or possibly rc. Cam Projects

Remove Ads

Ads