Hi everyone. New here and with a question about Droid X.

This is a discussion on Hi everyone. New here and with a question about Droid X. within the New Member Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I have a Droid X, that will be 3 years old this July. I got it new. I have really liked it (a bit big ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By clothednblack

Thread: Hi everyone. New here and with a question about Droid X.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Hi everyone. New here and with a question about Droid X.

I have a Droid X, that will be 3 years old this July. I got it new. I have really liked it (a bit big size but workable). My question is, is there an 'average' age when these things die? I have a battery that is dying and my choice is to get a $20 battery or get a new phone. My Droid has slowed a bit but works overall. I still have the unlimited data usage plan which will change if I get a new phone (Verizon) unless I pay full price for the new phone. If it is recommended to get a new one, are there any suggestions? The new Galaxy coming out is supposed to be decent but it is even bigger than what I have. I'd like to get smaller, if possible, or at least no bigger than the Droid X. Also, will my current apps work on any Android phone, or just Droids? Or work at all. For example if I delete apps off current phone and reinstall on new phone (assuming it is not an iphone) will the apps (games etc.) be where I left off? Some suggestions and advice would be great.
    Anyone else out there with 'old' Droid X's? I don't want to ask Verizon cuz I worry they will tell me whatever to sell me a new phone. Which is fine, if I do need one. Thanks!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 394
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    437 times
    You can back up all your game data with titanium backup, then transfer the info with your sdcard to the new phone and it will work. All your apps will work, as long as it's compatible, like pdroid doesn't work on all phones. Lots of people still have the dx, and it can run for many many years if taken care of. Slowing down is usually just a cache build up and can be cleaned out and run snappy again in no time at all. If you still love the dx and it works, I would keep it. You could buy a phone online and swap it with the dx and keep your data plan too.
    LoveDroidX likes this.

Super Mod Team Lead
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Overall activity: 44.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Welcome to the forum lennie

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

X Lurker
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

reply to clothednblack

Hello:

thank you for the advice. I think I will be keeping the DroidX and getting a new battery. I did notice a slight improvement in battery life when I went into settings and turned the wireless capability back on. In other words, instead of using the cell towers, using available wireless internet. Sorry for my lack of better terms. I am technology illiterate. Note also, that buying a phone online, as you suggested, is great advice, but Verizon stated that unless you buy one through them, you can't keep the same unlimited data plan. (Unless you pay full price for phone.) Also, my son (age 18), who is much more technically advanced than i, did clear the cache and didn't change anything. No worries, phone works well enough for my needs. I will check out this titanim backup. Thanks Clothednblack!

Remove Ads

Ads