New Droid X owner/user on Page Plus Cellular, my first smartphone!

This is a discussion on New Droid X owner/user on Page Plus Cellular, my first smartphone! within the New Member Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I resisted getting anything other than a basic cell phone because I refuse to pay exorbitant data rates from companies such as Verizon. I'm an ...

Thread: New Droid X owner/user on Page Plus Cellular, my first smartphone!

X Lurker
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

New Droid X owner/user on Page Plus Cellular, my first smartphone!

I resisted getting anything other than a basic cell phone because I refuse to pay exorbitant data rates from companies such as Verizon. I'm an old fart (54), so I probably don't send/receive more than 10 text messages a month. I really have no use for a cell phone except for (in most cases) emergencies. So Page Plus Cellular's 1200 TnT plan is perfect for me when combined with my new (used) Droid X. I have turned off the 3G data stream on the phone (Airplane mode, plus unchecked Data Enable in Settings) so that I only plan on using "data" via my home WiFi network (or whatever WiFi I can access where I am at)...and I've got access to 100 MB of data a month on the 3G if I need it for emergencies where I am not near WiFi.

I'm on here hoping to learn more about my phone, what I can and can't do with it, and to enrich my Droid X experience. I am an RF electronic technician by trade, so the technical and programming aspects of a smartphone are right in my wheelhouse of knowledge. Still, the internet is a wonderful thing for sharing information (especially getting it from people far smarter than me), and I've solved many a computer problem by searching online for the answer from someone else who has already been through the same thing.

So, thanks for tolerating any "newbie" questions I might have, especially if I am too lazy to search through the forums endlessly. This forum has already answered many questions for me (like how to turn off my 3G data path), and I look forward to learning more knowledge and hopefully sharing some along the way.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm a page plus user myself, too. You can pretty much do anything with a rooted DROIDX.

I suggest to download the DROID wall app from the market that the icon is a green shield with an android. What this will do is that it lets you control which app to use data and which one not by sorting them out as a blacklist/whitelist. You should try roms which are like a complete different android is such as MIUI Rom.

As for navigation, I use Google navigation bc it doesn't take that much data or the copilot app which downloads the maps in ur sdcard without the use of data.

Sent from my DROIDX

X Lurker
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 0.6%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dAi View Post
    I'm a page plus user myself, too. You can pretty much do anything with a rooted DROIDX.I suggest to download the DROID wall app from the market that the icon is a green shield with an android. What this will do is that it lets you control which app to use data and which one not by sorting them out as a blacklist/whitelist. You should try roms which are like a complete different android is such as MIUI Rom. As for navigation, I use Google navigation bc it doesn't take that much data or the copilot app which downloads the maps in ur sdcard without the use of data. Sent from my DROIDX
    I searched for the DROID wall app on the app store, but it says in the description that you need to be rooted in order to use it. My phone is not rooted, is there still a way that I can use this app? Thanks!

Remove Ads

Ads