Hi, hello, and salutations

This is a discussion on Hi, hello, and salutations within the New Member Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; My name is Floyd, I've been on this board for a few days now, but I've yet to make a formal introduction so here it ...

Thread: Hi, hello, and salutations

X Operative Achievements:
    7 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times

Cool Hi, hello, and salutations

My name is Floyd, I've been on this board for a few days now, but I've yet to make a formal introduction so here it is!

Im 22, male, living in Michigan. I currently work for a dental company as a cash posting clerk, though only part time.

I graduated Oakland Fire Academy in 2008 and Macomb College EMT-B program in 2009. I'm hoping to become a Fire Fighter/Paramedic if I can ever get a good enough job to save up for the Medic academy ($4,000!), but all good things come to those who wait I believe.

I love technology and everything current (usually); I do computer repair for family/friends whenever it's needed, and in general I really love helping people, ever since I was young.

Which leads me to why I'm here, I just love helping. I love giving advice, finding out information for people, just generally being a nice guy.

I don't currently have a Droid X but I will..soon..I hope, I'm waiting to see if I can out right afford the $200.00 or if I'll have to wait until I can get a new job. I recently realized I got into some bad credit card debt so I went to the bank and consolidated so I'm just trying to get my finances on tract.

The phone has fascinated me ever since I heard about it and I cannot wait until I can finally get my own.

That's about all for me, if anyone needs help in the future or you just want to say "Hey", drop me a line.

Thanks for reading!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    459 times
    well welcome Floyd hope you can get your DX

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Welcome to the forum!! Best of luck on the career endeavor - hard work will pay off...
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

7 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Thanks all we'll see what happens from here, I'm really looking forward to what's in store.

Agent X
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    Your first Group250 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Welcome Feanux!!

Like your namesake, the phoenix, you'll rise from the ashes only to move on to bigger and better things...hopefully a Droid X!! Good luck!!

We'll be looking forward to seeing and hearing from you!

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Welcome aboard! I'm new myself. Trust me, as long as you constantly search, ask questions and stay off your behind, good things will come. At times I'd sit through college asking, "I should just get a job now and make money." I'm happier I finished school, now I'm a proud USMC military officer(Captain).
    Side note: I have a desktop which is 6 years old, it still works well with email and internet. Is it time to upgrade like a Droid X or leave it alone until it breaks?

Thanks and good luck.

Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    If you're asking if you should get a Droid X instead of having the desktop, why not keep both? But I don't think you meant it like that lol.

If all you're doing with that PC is some of the more basic functions, ie email, web surfing, streaming video, then you're fine with how it is and there's really no reason to upgrade. If your computer starts to slow down a lot there's a bunch of stuff you can do to speed it up, including some cheap upgrades, and if worst comes to worst you can always format the PC and it will be running like when you first bought it.

In my opinion, let it break, newer model PCs (>2004) will tend to last a bit longer than older ones. I like to think that most computers (depending on components) have about a 10 year life span of usefulness. After that, if it's not able to be upgraded, it starts becoming rubbish.

Remove Ads

Ads