I am a newbie so I can ask a newbie question

This is a discussion on I am a newbie so I can ask a newbie question within the New Member Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; So I sbf my x back to froyo and then flashed it to dark slide(and loving it) but I have been watching all these topics ...

Thread: I am a newbie so I can ask a newbie question

X Lurker
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I am a newbie so I can ask a newbie question

So I sbf my x back to froyo and then flashed it to dark slide(and loving it) but I have been watching all these topics about updates and what not. So my question is can I flash these ontop of the rom I am running or do I have to watch for a certin kind for the rom I have, or will it come in the rom manager

took a little bit to figure out but now its all i do

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 712
    Overall activity: 62.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    are you referring to the cm7 based roms?
    you should do a back up of your apps, sbf, root, install droid 2 bootstrap then flash...
    if i'm wrong... could you be a bit more clear with what roms your looking at?
    Post Script:
    We have nothing to fear but runnig out of beer/*****|*****\
    Nemo Aeternamn Wallpapers

Sbf: Linux - Rsd Common Terminolgy Root: Ginger Tether X2:Q&A+LINKS Stolen from Goose306: Info On 621

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    as far as darkslide itself, you can simply flash the update on top with just a cache and dalvik wipe. you do not have to sbf before an update.
    and for other roms, if you are trying to install 2nd-init roms like miui, ssx, cm7, you will have to do a clean install.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    the biggest problem i have i guess is i get confused with all the different roms. i am still pretty much brand spanking new, and it seems like i jumped into a updating frenzy. i have been doing research about how to root and flash roms for like 2 weeks now and i am proud to say i rooted and flashed my first rom 2 days ago with no issues at all(well once i realized i needed boot strap) i am now on my third rom and thinking of sticking with it for a while. i didn't seem to like liberty to much.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    that's what the roms are mostly about and why there are so many... and that's pretty good.... it took me about two or three months of having my droid and looking around before i flashed a rom... and research is knowledge... and knowledge is power..haha... and i myself prefer the cm7 based aosp roms...
    and i didn't mean to sound like you had to... i was just saying... that's how i i did it... i think it's better that way... so you know you are getting a nice clean install and wont have anything left over from previous roms....
    and yes... flashing... does become an addiction... i sadly admit... i was jonsin for a good flash once... and i flashed... 6 roms in one night... some were froyo... some were gingerbread...haha... then i went back to froyo...haha... it was a long night...
    what part of utah are you in? north or south?haha... i'm in the south east region...
    Post Script:

Sbf: Linux - Rsd Common Terminolgy Root: Ginger Tether X2:Q&A+LINKS Stolen from Goose306: Info On 621

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    see and when you and i say cm7 i am kinda lost, i mean i know it is a type of rom but unsure what it is exactly. i have thought of maybe trying on but i really don't know where to start. t the moment i am not on the paid version of rom manager( i was only allowed to buy one app a week from the other half so i bought boot strapper first) so i am unsure on where to look for these kind of things. i am in the north about 20 min west of salt lake city.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    alright... CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution here is the link to download the newest version of the cm7 rom...and the cm7 rom is entirely aosp based(aosp=android open source project) so what that means is it's the same thing that motorola and verizon used to make their versions that they put out... and what that means to you and me... is that it's insanely fast and responisve.... because there isn't all that other un-needed bloat on there... and it's extremely customizable... so you can make your phone look how you want it to... and can easly switch it every hour if you want... they are amazing roms.... my favorite...
    if you have any other questions... feel free to just pm me so i can answer you quicker...
    Post Script:

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    For the cm7 based (2nd init) roms, read [HOW TO] BE READY to FLASH GB/2nd-INIT ROMs first. It will help you tremendously. It's great that you research first!

For anything gingerbread, that is a whole other process. And easy guides are available for that too.
    "FEZ aims to create a non-threatening world rich with ambiance,

a pleasant place to spend time in."

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Alright then now it is starting to make some sense. And I will so thanks. Maybe tomorrow I will try out the cm7

took a little bit to figure out but now its all i do

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    haha.... nice... good luck... hope all goes well....
    Post Script:

Remove Ads

Ads