G1 bought on launch day... upgrading to DX bought on launch day.

This is a discussion on G1 bought on launch day... upgrading to DX bought on launch day. within the New Member Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Big Android fan here. I've been following it since first announced and picked up the G1 on launch day. I'm not a developer or anything, ...

Thread: G1 bought on launch day... upgrading to DX bought on launch day.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times

G1 bought on launch day... upgrading to DX bought on launch day.

Big Android fan here. I've been following it since first announced and picked up the G1 on launch day. I'm not a developer or anything, i use my phone for work so i never got too crazy with it (i.e. no root, custom roms, etc...). Just an enthusiastic user.

G1 battery was dying, and the replacement battery only lasted a couple months, so i decided to jump ship a little early and get a DroidX. I also had to get away from T-Mobile, good support and phone service but the data coverage was horrible in my area. Usually EDGE . Also, i think i only ever got Android 1.5 (maybe 1.6) so i was missing out alot.

When my company got the EVO 4G in the office as a "test" unit i snagged it for an hour and was blown away. Our tester gave the EVO a big thumbs down based on battery life. And since Verizon has far better coverage around here than anyone else, i waited patiently and got my DX on launch day.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Pursuant Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesYour first Group100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Welcome! I'm the say way - paid $50 to get out of my T-Mobile contract from my G1 (that I got 3 days before launch) to get a Droid X on launch day. I even had my G1 upgraded to Froyo (see my sig). I'm definitely not looking back, although I sometimes use my G1 even still as a data device (I just upgraded to a newer Froyo release 2 nights ago).
    Having SBF/RSD Lite issues? Make sure you have the right drivers installed! (32-bit or 64-bit)
    www.FreeMyMoto.com -- Android kexec project

Remove Ads

Ads