MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s

This is a discussion on MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s within the MIUI forums, part of the Gingerbread Roms category; Originally Posted by saul1991 Its back key then volume up Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums Well, that removes the lockscreen each time, ...

Page 60 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by saul1991 View Post
    Its back key then volume up

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums
    Well, that removes the lockscreen each time, but is even more inconvenient, lol.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Operative
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Why hasn't someone developed saliva recognition for logins yet??!! Mmmm MiUi

PS- dont tell the mrs I've been smootchin with my X
    Me Be AzzE n I rok AoKp

X Lurker
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points1 year registered3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Is there any way I can fill all of these slots from deleted apps on one touch? Lind of "snap" the apps back together and keep them in alphabetical order? All these holes are annoying me lol

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points1 year registered3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Or, even more ideally, have it to where the apps download in the correct position, just like it does on a normal app drawer?

Developer
    Developer
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    If you put the apps in a folder you can sort them alphabetically. Then use the Miui backup app to backup your desktop layout. That will save the folders along with which apps are in them and that you set it to sort alphabetically.

Edit - to be clear, desktop layout does NOT backup the apps themselves, basically just the shortcuts that are in the folders. If the app does not exist when you restore the desktop layout, the icon (shortcut) for the app is not restored either.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The fastest way to learn is to break something. The learning comes with fixing it again.

You can get to all of our available ROMs by heading
    over to our ChameleonOS Downloads page.
    Also make sure to flash the latest 4.2.2 gapps

--

Check out our homepage at ChameleonOS.org and our forums
    -
    Bug Tracker | Gerrit Review | GitHub

Buy me a drink! Please don't feel obligated to donate. If you donate, please send me a PM so I can match you to the donation.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I understand folders and such, I'm just talking about when I have pages and pages of apps out on the desktop, is there a way to fill the gaps of deleted apps easily while keeping everything in alphabetical?

Developer
    Developer
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Not really atm. There was a version a while back (i don't remember if it was v4 or a GB that had broken cdma) that allowed you to shake the phone and the icons would reorder alphabetically on that page (would not move over from the next page though to fill in gaps). When I get a chance, I'll find that change to see if I can port it in.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The fastest way to learn is to break something. The learning comes with fixing it again.

You can get to all of our available ROMs by heading
    over to our ChameleonOS Downloads page.
    Also make sure to flash the latest 4.2.2 gapps

--

Check out our homepage at ChameleonOS.org and our forums
    -
    Bug Tracker | Gerrit Review | GitHub

Buy me a drink! Please don't feel obligated to donate. If you donate, please send me a PM so I can match you to the donation.

Agent X
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Overall activity: 78.9%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    I can't believe I waited this long to try this rom, all I can say is wow I'm blown away! First time ever on miui & loving it, thank you Wizard for this beauty. Got a couple questions, do I just disregard the built in wifi tethering settings and just install the wifi tether app and go from there? No need for Wugs on this? Also what exactly does the wake lock do in bootmenu? Is it recommended to turn it off or on? Lots of pages on here to read so thanks for answering these basic questions probably already answered on here.

Sent from my DROIDX

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    I haven't actually ever tethered, but I am pretty sure wug's patch (or similar) is built into the rom so all you need is the app.

For the bootmenu do you mean the Power Wake fix? That locks your hard keys (menu, home, etc) from waking the phone up and bringing up the lockscreen unintentionally (if you carry it in your pocket, etc.). You can only use the power button to wake the phone if you toggle that option. The reason it's an issue is that in miui if you hit the home button on the lockscreen it turns on torch. This has left me with a warm leg and a dead battery a time or two since my phone is in my pocket a lot.
    Check out my themes:

Simple Sideways - MIUI lockscreen - Simple Sideways Dark - Touch of Green - Vortex RC1 - Christmas theme (in case you miss it) - Vortex RC1

Agent X
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Overall activity: 78.9%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeems View Post
    I haven't actually ever tethered, but I am pretty sure wug's patch (or similar) is built into the rom so all you need is the app.

For the bootmenu do you mean the Power Wake fix? That locks your hard keys (menu, home, etc) from waking the phone up and bringing up the lockscreen unintentionally (if you carry it in your pocket, etc.). You can only use the power button to wake the phone if you toggle that option. The reason it's an issue is that in miui if you hit the home button on the lockscreen it turns on torch. This has left me with a warm leg and a dead battery a time or two since my phone is in my pocket a lot.
    Yeah that's what I meant "Power wake fix", got a lil confused when I saw it after using the off keylight fix & wasn't sure what it was for. I think ill be using it too since my phone is always in my pocket as well. Thanks for the info Jeems!

Sent from my DROIDX

Remove Ads

Ads