MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s

This is a discussion on MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s within the MIUI forums, part of the Gingerbread Roms category; Originally Posted by milski65 Too funny. You opened Pandora's box. Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2 Tell me about it LOL!...

Page 144 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1546
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s

Quote Originally Posted by milski65 View Post
    Too funny. You opened Pandora's box.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2
    Tell me about it LOL!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    OK, sorry. I think it is worth it to flash the .15p radio. So:

download the zip file from that thread.
    flash while still on froyo.
    once that completes successfully, you can SBF to .605 and rot as well using the 1kds linux method (rsd lite will lose the new radio).
    once rooted on GB you can use D2 bootstrapper to flash miui. WIFI tether is built in to miui (and works wonderfully), so all you need is the wifi tether app from the OP and you should be good to go.

as far as "safety" is concerned you can make a backup of your current froyo setup. All you'll have to do is SBF back to froyo, root and then you can restore that nandroid. These phones are nigh unbrickable so you shouldn't be worried. HTH clear up some confusion!
    milski65 likes this.
    Check out my themes:

Simple Sideways - MIUI lockscreen - Simple Sideways Dark - Touch of Green - Vortex RC1 - Christmas theme (in case you miss it) - Vortex RC1

Well I will get everything downloaded and give it a go

X Lurker
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm guessing this is a common issue as the Portal & Tools usb will NOT work it seems in this rom either as it does not in others. I have found some stuff online but I was wondering if there was a fix strait for this rom. I need to update my PRL file manually & really do not want to go back to Stock just to do that.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 3.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shinerunner01 View Post
    I'm guessing this is a common issue as the Portal & Tools usb will NOT work it seems in this rom either as it does not in others. I have found some stuff online but I was wondering if there was a fix strait for this rom. I need to update my PRL file manually & really do not want to go back to Stock just to do that.
    You'll have to go back to a stock ROM to flash a prl. There are still ROMs that are based on stock so it'll be easy to go to and from the stock based ROM and back to this. I'd use what I guess is called Kochoid, the file name I have is Kochoid-605.zip.
    Whatever you do, don't flash Vortex (unless you aren't flashed to another network)

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."

X Lurker
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ya that's what I ended up doing this time, went back to stock from the backup I had & then back to current rom. Though I came across some people saying to change
    ro.mediasync.enable_sync_ui = 0 & persist.mot.usb.mediasync = 0 to 1 in the Build Prop. Then to add this file com.motorola..mediasync.jar
    to Framework & mediasync.apk to the app folder. Thats suppose to fix the Potral issue

X Lurker
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 0.7%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard0f0s View Post
    Go into bootmenu and fixes. There's a wifi fix for that there. If it doesn't work you'll need to manually do what is scripted there (i can walk you through it).

Sent from my SGS3
    Didn't fix it. MAC still changing every time I turn wifi off and back on.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 3.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TekMuzik View Post
    Didn't fix it. MAC still changing every time I turn wifi off and back on.
    You can use Mac address ghost I guess. You'd have to go select that Mac address after you connect to your wifi though.

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."

X Lurker
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 0.7%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NUNsLAUGHTER92 View Post
    You can use Mac address ghost I guess. You'd have to go select that Mac address after you connect to your wifi though.

I was looking more for Wiz to walk me through manually executing the wifi-fix script.

I tried to execute it manually myself but the first line, the wlan_cu part, threw a BUNCH of errors. And my /data/ folder is empty so I can't copy the nvs_map.bin file so I guess I'm doing something wrong?

Code:
    $ su
    #wlan_cu itiwlan0 -b < /system/bootmenu/config/nvs_map_commands.txt
    ERROR - IPC_STA_Private_Send - error sending Wext private IOCTL to STA driver (ioctl_cmd = 800003,  res = -1, errno = 19)
    user_main, start
    \> Driver/, Connection/, Management/, Show/, Privacy/, scAn/, roaminG/, qOs/, poWer/, eVents/, Bt coexsistance/, Report/, dEbug/, biT/, aboUt, Quit
    ERROR - IPC_STA_Private_Send - error sending Wext private IOCTL to STA driver (ioctl_cmd = 800003,  res = -1, errno = 19)
    ERROR - Console_ParseString - Device isn't loaded !!!
    #]
    Last edited by TekMuzik; 01-22-2013 at 12:40 AM.

Developer
    Developer
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TekMuzik View Post
    I was looking more for Wiz to walk me through manually executing the wifi-fix script.

I tried to execute it manually myself but the first line, the wlan_cu part, threw a BUNCH of errors. And my /data/ folder is empty so I can't copy the nvs_map.bin file so I guess I'm doing something wrong?

Code:
    $ su
    #wlan_cu itiwlan0 -b < /system/bootmenu/config/nvs_map_commands.txt
    user_main, start
    \> Driver/, Connection/, Management/, Show/, Privacy/, scAn/, roaminG/, qOs/, poWer/, eVents/, Bt coexsistance/, Report/, dEbug/, biT/, aboUt, Quit
    #]
    Tek, I will get back to you, just haven't had a chance yet.

Sent from my SGS3

The fastest way to learn is to break something. The learning comes with fixing it again.

You can get to all of our available ROMs by heading
    over to our ChameleonOS Downloads page.
    Also make sure to flash the latest 4.2.2 gapps

--

Check out our homepage at ChameleonOS.org and our forums
    -
    Bug Tracker | Gerrit Review | GitHub

Buy me a drink! Please don't feel obligated to donate. If you donate, please send me a PM so I can match you to the donation.

Remove Ads

Ads