MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s

This is a discussion on MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s within the MIUI forums, part of the Gingerbread Roms category; My phone is stuck on the wizard screen after installing this for the first. I just sbf'd my phone after bricking it while trying to ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s

My phone is stuck on the wizard screen after installing this for the first. I just sbf'd my phone after bricking it while trying to install this the first time. It was with the 2.3.340 VRZ file from here: https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/droid-x-sbf-files if that makes a difference. Should I try sbf'ing it again, or would that just be a waste of time? I followed the instructions perfectly from the OP. Anyone have anything?

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Informant
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 1.6%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks you clothednblack and bsbabcock installed rom toolbox and uninstalled gmail then installed the latest one from market

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Overall activity: 45.5%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    432 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lxballa View Post
    My phone is stuck on the wizard screen after installing this for the first. I just sbf'd my phone after bricking it while trying to install this the first time. It was with the 2.3.340 VRZ file from here: https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/droid-x-sbf-files if that makes a difference. Should I try sbf'ing it again, or would that just be a waste of time? I followed the instructions perfectly from the OP. Anyone have anything?
    Sticking at boot logo or boot animation?
    May need to just do a factory reset then Reflash the Rom.

teleported from MI Wizardry UI DXtreme
    Last edited by clothednblack; 05-13-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    432 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leggy View Post
    Thanks you clothednblack and bsbabcock installed rom toolbox and uninstalled gmail then installed the latest one from market
    Awesome, glad it worked for ya

Quote Originally Posted by clothednblack View Post
    Sticking at boot logo or boot animation?
    May need to just do a factory reset then Reflash the Rom.

Boot logo (the wizard comes up, and the blue LED blinks once or twice) and then it just has the wizard and nothing happens. I tried doing the factory reset and clearing the cache from the stock reboot, but how would I reflash it? I can't get into bootstrapper recover from power off, none of the methods work for me. I guess just re-sbf and try again?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    432 times
    Boot logo (the wizard comes up, and the blue LED blinks once or twice) and then it just has the wizard and nothing happens. I tried doing the factory reset and clearing the cache from the stock reboot, but how would I reflash it? I can't get into bootstrapper recover from power off, none of the methods work for me. I guess just re-sbf and try again?
    I see, volume down at blue led should get you into bootmenu then go to fixes and try te hijack fix, back out and try recovery /cwr

Edit: I knew I read that to fast, dang froyo and GB mixed up. You sbf to far back, but great opportunity for a radio update
    Last edited by clothednblack; 05-13-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Developer
    Developer
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    You SBF'd back to 340? That's Froyo. You'll want to SBF to either 602 or 605 before you flash this. Although while you're on Froyo you might as well flash the .15p radio update.

Edit - You can get the 1KDS SBF here - Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems. You can also use the 602 or 605 SBF files on the site you linked earlier. Just don't do the 621 SBF. There is no going backwards from there.

Edit2 - And if you want to do the radio update, you can find more info here - .15p flashable radio

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Wizard0f0s; 05-13-2012 at 09:49 PM.

The fastest way to learn is to break something. The learning comes with fixing it again.

You can get to all of our available ROMs by heading
    over to our ChameleonOS Downloads page.
    Also make sure to flash the latest 4.2.2 gapps

--

Check out our homepage at ChameleonOS.org and our forums
    -
    Bug Tracker | Gerrit Review | GitHub

Buy me a drink! Please don't feel obligated to donate. If you donate, please send me a PM so I can match you to the donation.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 48.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard0f0s View Post
    You SBF'd back to 340? That's Froyo. You'll want to SBF to either 602 or 605 before you flash this. Although while you're on Froyo you might as well flash the .15p radio update.

Edit - You can get the 1KDS SBF here - Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems. You can also use the 602 or 605 SBF files on the site you linked earlier. Just don't do the 621 SBF. There is no going backwards from there.

Edit2 - And if you want to do the radio update, you can find more info here - .15p flashable radio

Wizard caught what I noticed. This is a GB ROM, .340 is Froyo, which is why it won't work.

However, since you're there and you flashed it, I would be highly curious to know if you ARE getting the blue LED on boot, and if you are able to get into CWM from the bootmenu if you are getting it. If you are, that will be helpful info for me with my radio work. So please let me know if you can get into CWM from the LED. If you can... sweet

If you are able to get into CWM, follow the link wiz posted for the .15p flashable... there is an AIO in there that will do the radio and put you on GB so you don't have to SBF. If you are not getting the blue LED and/or cannot get into CWM, then you will need to SBF.
    Last edited by Goose306; 05-13-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Agent X
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 1.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leggy View Post
    Good deal. Glad it worked. Rom Toolbox has been the bomb for me. Check out the adblocker.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    I need two DX's.. One to try rom's on and one for MIUI because it's THE daily driver for me so I'm not messin' with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard0f0s View Post

Thanks so much, I figured it was going to be something like that. I was using an old guide. It also took me 2 hours to be able to get through and successfully re-root (z4 didn't work with 605, apparently) and successfully get everything else to work, but finally did! Looking forward to getting acquainted with it, thanks Wizard!

And Goose, I could get the blue LED but from there couldn't do anything to get to the CWM boot because I couldn't get past the boot logo so was forced to re-sbf, and by the time I came back here and saw your post I had already gone to 605. Sorry!
    Goose306 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Ads