MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s

This is a discussion on MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s within the MIUI forums, part of the Gingerbread Roms category; Originally Posted by Wizard0f0s No, but I've never looked into it before. Unless you actually have a need to do so, I caution against encrypting ...

Page 132 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1546
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard0f0s View Post
    No, but I've never looked into it before. Unless you actually have a need to do so, I caution against encrypting your phone (or your PC). You are drastically limiting your ability to identify and fix issues. If you are sure you want to encrypt, be sure to read up on what the impact will be. It may very well break things depending on how the encryption actually works (ie, will recovery still work, etc).

Sent from my Jelly "Bean"ed SGS3
    Yeah, I actually see that recovery will no longer work, but I don't have too much of an option right now. I am an attorney and am starting to have some client files and such on me at various times, so I feel like encryption is a must. back to stock for me, but that's for all the good MIUI-ness you have given me the past year Wiz

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Try using MX Player (free). I've had much better luck with it. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...videoplayer.ad. It may be a limitation of the player itself.

Sent from my Jelly "Bean"ed SGS3
    That worked. Thanks.

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0.6%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Thanks Wizard for keeping my x running great. .... However I purchased the note 2 about 2 weeks ago so my x has been retired hope my note is as reliable as my x was/is keep up the great work
    Check out my customized swypes .........http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...keyboards.html

Developer
    Developer
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ems3 View Post
    Thanks Wizard for keeping my x running great. .... However I purchased the note 2 about 2 weeks ago so my x has been retired hope my note is as reliable as my x was/is keep up the great work
    Enjoy the Note 2 man. I debated between it and the S3. It was just a little too large for me, but not quite large enough to replace my tablet (TFP201). That quad-core was really tempting though.

Beans already has a rom out for it and root. Looks like you'll be unlocked on Wednesday too (by Adam Outler). That'll really improve the roms available pretty quickly.

The fastest way to learn is to break something. The learning comes with fixing it again.

You can get to all of our available ROMs by heading
    over to our ChameleonOS Downloads page.
    Also make sure to flash the latest 4.2.2 gapps

--

Check out our homepage at ChameleonOS.org and our forums
    -
    Bug Tracker | Gerrit Review | GitHub

Buy me a drink! Please don't feel obligated to donate. If you donate, please send me a PM so I can match you to the donation.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 394
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    437 times
    @ wizard tweaked my settings (stock battery)

Ridin the Mystic jellybean unicorn on my Ktweaked SG3

Agent X
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 1.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Enjoy the Note 2 man. I debated between it and the S3. It was just a little too large for me, but not quite large enough to replace my tablet (TFP201). That quad-core was really tempting though.

Beans already has a rom out for it and root. Looks like you'll be unlocked on Wednesday too (by Adam Outler). That'll really improve the roms available pretty quickly.
    S3 development needs you Wiz! Haven't kept up with the thread since going S3, but hoping you're planning on getting in on the action if not already.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I need two DX's.. One to try rom's on and one for MIUI because it's THE daily driver for me so I'm not messin' with it.

Developer
    Developer
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bsbabcock View Post
    S3 development needs you Wiz! Haven't kept up with the thread since going S3, but hoping you're planning on getting in on the action if not already.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Oh, I'm already involved, just behind the scenes right now. I'm working with 0xD34D to port some of the better features of Miui to open source (from smali to Java). He's got a ton of the theming stuff already done (icons, notification window with 2nd page for toggles, etc). I'm working on the lockscreen code (the code for the lockscreen is massive, I've ported 20+ classes so far and I don't think I'm even half way done). This lockscreen code makes what I worked on with Deep Sleep seem easy. The base for this is CM10 (4.1.2 JB), so it'll be multi-device as well. The new rom can use Miui themes without having to modify them first (just apply the mtz).

Miui China is continuing to try and lock down Miui so we can't port it any more. So instead of just dealing with it, we decided to port it all to open source and make it easier for all of us to support. It's a massive undertaking, but we're making pretty good progress so far. Once CM and AOKP have things settled a little more with 4.2, we're going to switch bases. Just not worth fighting with the 4.2 switch and trying to port everything at the same time.

It'll probably be another month or so before we have anything publicly available. We've got the full backing and involvement of Miui.us as well, so we aren't stepping on any toes.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

The fastest way to learn is to break something. The learning comes with fixing it again.

You can get to all of our available ROMs by heading
    over to our ChameleonOS Downloads page.
    Also make sure to flash the latest 4.2.2 gapps

--

Check out our homepage at ChameleonOS.org and our forums
    -
    Bug Tracker | Gerrit Review | GitHub

Buy me a drink! Please don't feel obligated to donate. If you donate, please send me a PM so I can match you to the donation.

okay so today i got bored with how outdated my MIUI is and was looking to update and came across this... sadly i can't remember how to do it all, and even reading your step by step instructions i got lost.

i'm coming from:

Android version: 2.3.4
    Build Number: MIUI 1.7.29

so if anyones bored and wants to give me a more dumbed down step by step i would be quite thankful.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 394
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    437 times
    1 Backup all your user Apps with data using tibu(titanium backup)

2 make sure you sync contacts with Google,

3 save any texts with sms backup,

4 download this rom and put it on the root of sdcard,

5 boot to recovery with rom manager, wipe data, cache, delvic cache (under advanced) install from SDcard, select this rom, flash and enjoy.

" Always make a nandroid first just in case. "

Ridin the Mystic jellybean unicorn on my Ktweaked SG3

X Lurker
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 1.1%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Im excited about flashing this but in reading it wud seem the best idea is to flash 11-12-12. Prob I have is I downloaded it and the md5sum does not match. I downloaded it twice and get the same 0D28DA453DE308FF4B81C3F9E528321E and a file size 201,880. Downloaded 11-11-12 with a file size of 202,674 and the md5sum matches what the 11-12-12 shud be, EC26038EDE6F093F75A2AFEAE9F57B2D.

Remove Ads

Ads