MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s

This is a discussion on MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s within the MIUI forums, part of the Gingerbread Roms category; You can flash as normal over your version. You shouldn't lose a thing, but always make a backup just in case (nandroid and you can ...

Page 130 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1546
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    You can flash as normal over your version. You shouldn't lose a thing, but always make a backup just in case (nandroid and you can back up themes etc with the miui backup app). the new version had the aroma installer. Read the OP for notes about that. It's supposed to be pretty cool but I haven't actually updated yet (just haven't made time).

DroidX.xparent.green
    Check out my themes:

Simple Sideways - MIUI lockscreen - Simple Sideways Dark - Touch of Green - Vortex RC1 - Christmas theme (in case you miss it) - Vortex RC1

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0.6%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi everybody. I've been away for awhile now, haven't been following the progress of this ROM. I have been running a version from 12.3.23 (android version 2.3.7) for a long time without many issues. Lately it has been getting a little buggy so I thought I'd check in here to see if there is a newer version and it looks like there is a new one out. I have flashed many different ROMs on a couple of different phones over the last couple of years but it has been awhile now and I am feeling a bit rusty. I haven't kept up on what is new, what is working and what isn't.

Unfortunately I'm at work and don't have hours to read and try to figure out what is going on with the new ROM and I could use some help with a couple of questions.

First, is this latest version pretty well bugless like the one I am currently running?

Second, can I flash it right over my existing version without issue?

Third, will I need to re-theme my phone and rebuild all my pages once I re-flash?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you guys might offer!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    437 times
    Quote Originally Posted by swfldroid View Post
    Hi everybody. I've been away for awhile now, haven't been following the progress of this ROM. I have been running a version from 12.3.23 (android version 2.3.7) for a long time without many issues. Lately it has been getting a little buggy so I thought I'd check in here to see if there is a newer version and it looks like there is a new one out. I have flashed many different ROMs on a couple of different phones over the last couple of years but it has been awhile now and I am feeling a bit rusty. I haven't kept up on what is new, what is working and what isn't.

Unfortunately I'm at work and don't have hours to read and try to figure out what is going on with the new ROM and I could use some help with a couple of questions.

First, is this latest version pretty well bugless like the one I am currently running?

Second, can I flash it right over my existing version without issue?

Third, will I need to re-theme my phone and rebuild all my pages once I re-flash?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you guys might offer!
    1st..it is bug free for the most part, as in everything works as far as being a daily functioning phone with battery life and performance.

2nd..to flash this, you will need to wipe data/cache/and delvic

3rd...If you are using a launcher that can back up its settings then you can apply that after you flash, if it's a stock launcher you will have to set it up again.

Apps will need to be reinstalled and so on, TIBU is a great app to back up user Apps and then restoring them on to a new rom.

Ridin the Mystic jellybean unicorn on my blazing SG3

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Quote Originally Posted by swfldroid View Post
    (Post moved to next page due to getting stuck on bottom of page, sorry)
    I thought I was going crazy. I knew I had responded but thought it disappeared. Or that I was psychic.

DroidX.xparent.green
    Check out my themes:

Simple Sideways - MIUI lockscreen - Simple Sideways Dark - Touch of Green - Vortex RC1 - Christmas theme (in case you miss it) - Vortex RC1

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 11.7%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    @clothed:
    Could he use the MIUI Backup app and backup his desktop that way? That's how I usually do it, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't suggesting something that is not recommended.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    437 times
    If he is themed and it's not compatible with this miui, it could Bork the home screens and be hard to fix, I may be wrong, I do know that all themes are not usable on all versions of miui. It's worth a shot as long as the expectations aren't a flawless flash over with a push of a button home screen setup.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by clothednblack View Post
    If he is themed and it's not compatible with this miui, it could Bork the home screens and be hard to fix, I may be wrong, I do know that all themes are not usable on all versions of miui. It's worth a shot as long as the expectations aren't a flawless flash over with a push of a button home screen setup.

My theme is the Elite Pro HD theme that I believe was designed for MIUI? (earlier version)

What is the MIUI backup app? Not sure I've seen that one anywhere.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    437 times
    It should have came with your rom, it was built into wizards miui, you should have it too

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by clothednblack View Post
    It should have came with your rom, it was built into wizards miui, you should have it too

I see an app just titled Backup, that must be it. When I tap it I see an option for "local" and "cloud". Is it safe to use in conjunction with titanium backup?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    437 times
    That one is different, I don't recall having the cloud option, the only thing you DON'T want to back up is system apps. User Apps with data is fine.

Remove Ads

Ads