MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s

This is a discussion on MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s within the MIUI forums, part of the Gingerbread Roms category; GENTLEMEN, WE ARE GOOD TO GO!!! I'm in like FLynn, got this M..uhm got this MUG ROMMED the F out last night!! ish is too ...

Page 127 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1546
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s

X Informant
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 2.6%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    GENTLEMEN, WE ARE GOOD TO GO!!!

I'm in like FLynn, got this M..uhm got this MUG ROMMED the F out last night!!

ish is too dope!! Its like I have a new phone!!!

Now I just gotta get used to it... thank you my nizzles!!

THIS IS TOO CRAZY!!! my X is now usable again.. haha, TOO AWESOME!!

THANK YOU ALL!!

i don't know how you Hackers do all this stuff but got d@ng, too iLL!!

haha this is AWESOME!!

2 questions...

1. Where do I go to leave complaints... I mean CONSTRUCTIVE criticism about the system? i.e. hitting home screen does not show ur status when phone display is off, u have to press pwr button

- built in WIFI Tether doesn't work, it crashes 100% of the time

- I keep getting a prompt that my ROM needs an update/available.. IS THIS LEGIT?

2. Is there a How TO Guide on how to install diffrent lock screens? I want the super mario brother? Or a guide on how to install different themese, different whatevers?

man the sky is the limit with this stuff huh?

Yall hackers are crazy man.. THANK YOU for all this ish that you do!!

oNe

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Agent X Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by phabeon View Post

Uninstall the Tether app, and re-install it from the Play Store. It fixed my problem

- I keep getting a prompt that my ROM needs an update/available.. IS THIS LEGIT?
    Uninstall that app too. Just check this forum for updates.

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    1. Where do I go to leave complaints... I mean CONSTRUCTIVE criticism about the system? i.e. hitting home screen does not show ur status when phone display is off, u have to press pwr button

2. Is there a How TO Guide on how to install diffrent lock screens? I want the super mario brother? Or a guide on how to install different themese, different whatevers?

man the sky is the limit with this stuff huh?

Yall hackers are crazy man.. THANK YOU for all this ish that you do!!

oNe
    1. yeah, I wouldn't call them "complaints". all roms, even of this caliber are WIP. The ability to fix the power wake only is already there. go to the power menu (hold down power button) and select reboot > bootmenu. your phone should boot into bootmenu. go to fixes > toggle power wake (or something like that) and turn it "off". Then back to the main menu and reboot. FWIW, this is there because miui has the torch function built into the lockscreen. All you have to do is hold down power and the torch will work. It's awesome but if you carry your phone in your pocket you will inevitably turn on the torch and drain your battery and.or overheat your phone.

2. installing different themes is easy. go to the "themes" app. you can download some from there, google them or there is a massive thread over at xda developers just for miui lockscreens.
    Check out my themes:

Simple Sideways - MIUI lockscreen - Simple Sideways Dark - Touch of Green - Vortex RC1 - Christmas theme (in case you miss it) - Vortex RC1

X Informant
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, I hate it when I can't figure something out on my own, but I'm not getting it. I bought Rom Toolbox to overclock, and I just can't get it to do so. The slider shows 1000 max, and no matter where I look, I can't find anywhere to increase it. Specifically, what am I missing?

X Lurker
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 5.9%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I was having the same problem trying to overclock. Someone more knowledgeable than me can chime in but try milestone overclock worked for me

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    rom toolbox won't let you overclock more than the cpu is set to run. It can set profiles, etc. The easiest way in miui is to reboot into bootmenu (power menu> reboot>bootmenu) and go to cpu settings. You can adjust your governor and your clock settings and they will apply at boot every time.

If you need help with what settings to put in I suggest using quickclock advanced from the play store. It has a calibration feature that will figure out the lowest voltage for a given frequency based on your phone
    Old_Fart likes this.
    Check out my themes:

Simple Sideways - MIUI lockscreen - Simple Sideways Dark - Touch of Green - Vortex RC1 - Christmas theme (in case you miss it) - Vortex RC1

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm curious cause I was having the same thing happen I couldn't go over a 1000 then I tried milestone overclock and it worked. I never changed my govoner settings yet was still able to overclock with milestone. Why is that?

Developer
    Developer
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mdsco View Post
    I'm curious cause I was having the same thing happen I couldn't go over a 1000 then I tried milestone overclock and it worked. I never changed my govoner settings yet was still able to overclock with milestone. Why is that?

The governor itself doesn't have anything to do with the overclocking and/or undervolting, it is just usually changed at the same time. The governor controls how fast or slow the cpu increases and decreases its steps (ie, goes from 300mhz to 1000mhz and back down and how long it stays at each of the steps). For example, performance is supposed to lock you in at your max speed all the time and powersave is supposed to lock you in at your minimum speed.

Hope that helps.

Edit - If you want to read up some more on governors and some of the other guts of Android checkout this thread - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1687578

It isn't specific to our phone and goes over some govs we don't have, but it has most of our govs included.

Props to CnB for pointing that thread out to me. :beer:

Sent from my Jelly "Bean"ed SGS3
    Last edited by Wizard0f0s; 11-28-2012 at 10:29 AM.

The fastest way to learn is to break something. The learning comes with fixing it again.

You can get to all of our available ROMs by heading
    over to our ChameleonOS Downloads page.
    Also make sure to flash the latest 4.2.2 gapps

--

Check out our homepage at ChameleonOS.org and our forums
    -
    Bug Tracker | Gerrit Review | GitHub

Buy me a drink! Please don't feel obligated to donate. If you donate, please send me a PM so I can match you to the donation.

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mdsco View Post

And just to add a little bit to what wiz said. Rom toolbox isn't designed to overclock the cpu. It is designed to set parameters of the cpu within the current clock speeds and can set profiles if you want to run at full speed say for playing games or if you know you are only going to be texting/surfing the web you can back things off a bit. Programs like quickclock advanced, android overclock, milestone overclock will all actually allow you to overclock the cpu.
    Check out my themes:

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    One more question since installing MIUI I have had a hard time booting. This morning took a hour tried battery pull but it just kept boot looping. Is their a way to fix this some setting or tweek or is this normal for MINI? Thanks in advance.

Remove Ads

Ads