MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s

This is a discussion on MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s within the MIUI forums, part of the Gingerbread Roms category; Originally Posted by Wizard0f0s Ok, steps to recover: Download this hijack - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/32763084/Miui/GB/hijack - to your sdcard. If you have root explorer: Remount system as ...

Page 107 of 155 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1546
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s

X Lurker
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 0.7%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard0f0s View Post
    Ok, steps to recover:

Download this hijack - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/32763084/Miui/GB/hijack - to your sdcard.

If you have root explorer:

Remount system as read/write (rw) and copy it to /system/bin/hijack (overwrite the file that's there)
    Long press the hijack file and change it to Ower - Read, Write, Execute ... Group - Read, Execute ... Other - Read, Execute (Other may read as World or something else)
    Reboot and you can access bootmenu, cwm, etc (have to reboot before cwm will come up, bootmenu will fix the /preinstall issues during boot)
    Worked for me using Root Explorer method. Now going to try flashing rom with a full wipe,I'll let you know how it goes!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Mine is also working great, only thing that's a problem is HDMI. I get sound but no picture even with this upgraded.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TekMuzik View Post
    Worked for me using Root Explorer method. Now going to try flashing rom with a full wipe,I'll let you know how it goes!
    Root Explorer got me going as well. Flashing now.....

X Lurker
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 0.7%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Mine WORKS with a full wipe and flash. Haven't tested very thoroughly but all my daily activities and the data and everything are working properly. No FCs on anything yet.

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Ok, steps to recover:

Download this hijack - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/32763084/Miui/GB/hijack - to your sdcard.

Remount system as read/write (rw) and copy it to /system/bin/hijack (overwrite the file that's there)
    Long press the hijack file and change it to Ower - Read, Write, Execute ... Group - Read, Execute ... Other - Read, Execute (Other may read as World or something else)
    Reboot and you can access bootmenu, cwm, etc (have to reboot before cwm will come up, bootmenu will fix the /preinstall issues during boot)

If you have a terminal app run these commands (assuming you have the hijack downloaded to your sdcard already):

su (you will probably be prompted to enable root ... if so, you may need to run "su" again or close the terminal and re-open it and run "su" before you are given root access)
    mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system (this remounts system as read/write)
    cp -f /sdcard/hijack /system/bin/hijack (assuming you saved hijack to the root of your sdcard and not a folder)
    chmod 755 /system/bin/hijack
    reboot

If you are using adb it's basically the same thing as terminal. I wasn't able to push the hijack directly to /system/bin/hijack, but I could push it to /sdcard/hijack.

Getting root was a bit of a pain as well. When you adb in, you won't have root. You'll have to do "su", then agree to the prompt on the phone to enable root. Close adb, then redo the "adb shell" command. Now "su" again, then agree to allow root. Now it should finally give you root. From this point, run the following:

mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system (this remounts system as read/write)
    cp -f /sdcard/hijack /system/bin/hijack (assuming you saved hijack to the root of your sdcard and not a folder)
    reboot
    I am back on my morning backup, but will we see a new installer soon Wiz? Thanks for catching this bug quickly!

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, steps to recover:

If you have a terminal app run these commands (assuming you have the hijack downloaded to your sdcard already):

su (you will probably be prompted to enable root ... if so, you may need to run "su" again or close the terminal and re-open it and run "su" before you are given root access)
    reboot

If you are using adb it's basically the same thing as terminal. I wasn't able to push the hijack directly to /system/bin/hijack, but I could push it to /sdcard/hijack.

Getting root was a bit of a pain as well. When you adb in, you won't have root. You'll have to do "su", then agree to the prompt on the phone to enable root. Close adb, then redo the "adb shell" command. Now "su" again, then agree to allow root. Now it should finally give you root. From this point, run the following:

reboot
    Thanks so much for being the awesome dev. that you are! The hijack fix worked and I'm back up and running. Much appreciation!

X Lurker
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey wiz I'm loving the rom but other than the aroma installer what's new in the rom

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Developer
    Developer
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Change Log for 2012.11.12 (incremented):

<*>Added the Aroma Installer
    Select wipe options:
    System and Caches
    System, Caches, and Data
    Select which governors to include
    Select which HBM fixes to enable
    Select to restore your HBM config
    Select Miui Default or "Stock" Browser
    Dolphin and/or Firefox Browsers
    MIUI.us Forums app is now optional
    WordFarm is now optional
    Compass (System) is now optional
    Gmail (System) is now optional
    Google Maps is now optional
    Google Car Home is now optional
    Google Talk is now optional
    Monitor (System) is now optional
    Miui Stats is optional
    Miui Notes is optional
    Adobe Air is optional
    Adobe Flash Player is optional
    Netflix is optional
    Shockwave Player is optional
    Sound Recorder (System) is optional
    Amazon App Store is optional
    aLogCat is optional
    CPU Spy is optional
    Goo Manager is optional
    Rom Manager is optional
    Wifi Tether is optional
    Xternal Display is optional
    <*>Hijacked Bootmenu Changes</*>
    All Governors now load every boot
    You can delete or add govs and bootmenu
    will still work with them
    Fixed Back button bug in CPU Settings
    <*>AutoReset Blocker by gicode</*>
    Added to protect against dialer security
    issue.
    All credit to gicode with thanks for
    allowing us to include it in the rom.
    <*>Changed the default ringtone, notification,
    to things that are not nearly so awful.

The fastest way to learn is to break something. The learning comes with fixing it again.

You can get to all of our available ROMs by heading
    over to our ChameleonOS Downloads page.
    Also make sure to flash the latest 4.2.2 gapps

--

Check out our homepage at ChameleonOS.org and our forums
    -
    Bug Tracker | Gerrit Review | GitHub

Buy me a drink! Please don't feel obligated to donate. If you donate, please send me a PM so I can match you to the donation.

Developer
    Developer
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    2012.11.12 (the fixed version) is now up on goo.im (same link as in the OP). Use the MD5 on goo.im, not the OP. I haven't updated that yet.

Can't believe it's the first release in 6 months (to the day). Thanks for being patient with me everybody!

The fastest way to learn is to break something. The learning comes with fixing it again.

You can get to all of our available ROMs by heading
    over to our ChameleonOS Downloads page.
    Also make sure to flash the latest 4.2.2 gapps

--

Check out our homepage at ChameleonOS.org and our forums
    -
    Bug Tracker | Gerrit Review | GitHub

Buy me a drink! Please don't feel obligated to donate. If you donate, please send me a PM so I can match you to the donation.

X Informant
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 5.1%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    yes Yes Yes

X Beings

Remove Ads

Ads