MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s

This is a discussion on MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s within the MIUI forums, part of the Gingerbread Roms category; For everybody that's broken, did everything in data get removed and the new apps loaded or did the new apps not get loaded either? Can ...

Page 105 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1546
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s

Developer
    Developer
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    For everybody that's broken, did everything in data get removed and the new apps loaded or did the new apps not get loaded either?

Can anyone that's broken install a new apk? Either google play or off the sdcard? If wifi is broken, does 3G still work?

The fastest way to learn is to break something. The learning comes with fixing it again.

You can get to all of our available ROMs by heading
    over to our ChameleonOS Downloads page.
    Also make sure to flash the latest 4.2.2 gapps

--

Check out our homepage at ChameleonOS.org and our forums
    -
    Bug Tracker | Gerrit Review | GitHub

Buy me a drink! Please don't feel obligated to donate. If you donate, please send me a PM so I can match you to the donation.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard0f0s View Post
    For everybody that's broken, did everything in data get removed and the new apps loaded or did the new apps not get loaded either?

Can anyone that's broken install a new apk? Either google play or off the sdcard? If wifi is broken, does 3G still work?
    I have already SBF'd so I did not try the Play Store. However, the new apps did seem to be loaded, just every other app was gone.

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

It appears that everything in data got removed and I can't seem to find the new apps either. I am able to install apk from sdcard, but after any reboot all of that disappears. It boots back to Google Setup and restarts the entire process. No wifi or 3G on my end.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 0.7%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Default apps loaded. I can install APKs off SD card, although any app I install via APK is gone again after a reboot. Can't get on Google Play because I can''t connect with my Google account. Wifi and 3G both broken.

Agent X
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 3.4%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    For me it was like starting from scratch. Keep on having to bypass reactivation after phone boots back up (which takes some time). Almost like its the first flash. I only had d2 BS on my sd card, which I didn't try (was thinking of doing so to load cwm but figured ahhhh, better not). Only using wifi, which is gone. No saved themes work. Always goes back to stock. I guess in the end we'll have to sbf for recovery. I'll do it tonight and then try a complete wipe and see what happens. No biggie on my end Wiz. I know you were looking forward to this release, as were all of us. I'm sure it will all get ironed out. Don't sweat it too much

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by milski65 View Post
    For me it was like starting from scratch. Keep on having to bypass reactivation after phone boots back up (which takes some time).
    Yes, mine had the activation screen as well. I blew past it, but it did occur.

Developer
    Developer
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Thanks guys! That definitely helped.

If anybody that's broken can check one more thing for me please? I think I found the issue (although not why it's broken yet). If you can check /system/bin/hijack (either adb, root explorer, etc) and tell me what the size is for the binary I would really appreciate it.

It looks like the reason it's getting screwed is that hijack (that's the full HBM binary) isn't being copied over for some reason. Not only does this make it where we don't have bootmenu, we also don't have 2nd-init. So the stock init scripts go nuts (since we don't replace them) and it formats /data, /cache, /pds, and /preinstall. It looks like when hijack is replaced with a working hbm (the one that's actually in the zip file), it is working fine.

Again, can anyone confirm the size of the /system/bin/hijack file? It should be 667.7KB.

The fastest way to learn is to break something. The learning comes with fixing it again.

You can get to all of our available ROMs by heading
    over to our ChameleonOS Downloads page.
    Also make sure to flash the latest 4.2.2 gapps

--

Check out our homepage at ChameleonOS.org and our forums
    -
    Bug Tracker | Gerrit Review | GitHub

Buy me a drink! Please don't feel obligated to donate. If you donate, please send me a PM so I can match you to the donation.

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks guys! That definitely helped.

If anybody that's broken can check one more thing for me please? I think I found the issue (although not why it's broken yet). If you can check /system/bin/hijack (either adb, root explorer, etc) and tell me what the size is for the binary I would really appreciate it.

It looks like the reason it's getting screwed is that hijack (that's the full HBM binary) isn't being copied over for some reason. Not only does this make it where we don't have bootmenu, we also don't have 2nd-init. So the stock init scripts go nuts (since we don't replace them) and it formats /data, /cache, /pds, and /preinstall. It looks like when hijack is replaced with a working hbm (the one that's actually in the zip file), it is working fine.

Again, can anyone confirm the size of the /system/bin/hijack file? It should be 667.7KB.
    Mine is 491.61 KB.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I wiped system/cache/dalvik when I installed and everything is working for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

X Lurker
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 0.7%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Mine seems to be 9.5KB...

Remove Ads

Ads