Can you make the DX not a phone?

This is a discussion on Can you make the DX not a phone? within the MIUI forums, part of the Gingerbread Roms category; So I bought a friend's Droid x a while back. It had a locked esn when I bought it. Initially intended as my Guinea pig ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can you make the DX not a phone?

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Can you make the DX not a phone?

So I bought a friend's Droid x a while back. It had a locked esn when I bought it. Initially intended as my Guinea pig phone, it has transformed into my daughter's toy. Well, Verizon owned up to their mistake and cleared my friend's account and the phone's esn is now unlocked. Since I only use wifi, games, and the play store, is there a way to get rid of all phone related functions? Caller, messenger, any non wifi data functionality, the activation screen that pops up every time?
    I'm running the latest MIUI ROM.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 42.4%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    445 times
    There has to he an app that does that. Just from memory I remember a programming menu apk. Not sure what it does but it sounds right. If you freeze it, it might stop asking.

FreeMyMoto!!!

FreeMyMoto!!!

If you need help PM me!!!
    Hey, Read these.--------------> "GUIDELINES OFCONDUCT"

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    First make a backup of your current rom. Then you can use a root uninstaller app, or file explorer app to delete the apk files for the dialer, phone, and whatever else you don't need. If you delete something that shouldn't have been, you can then restore the backup and try again. Just delete things one at a time. play around with the phone to make sure its still functioning how you want, then delete something else and play around some more. That way, if there's a problem, it's easier to know what absolutely can't be deleted. Honestly, if you type #*#*4636*#*# in the phones dialer, you'll get a "hidden" programming menu. Touch the top option, and then scroll down. There's an option to change the type of signal the phone receives and uses. You can switch to Evdo only, and the phone will only use the data signal, but won't connect when trying to make a call, or sending a text message. There might be an option to turn signal reception off all together from that menu. Or, you can just leave the phone on airplane mode, and not have to alter anything. Just take your time if you choose to delete things

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid X Forums

X Informant
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Why not just freeze all it with TB and in the settings you can go to system, mobile network, and turn it off their. Just an idea.

Sent from my everchanging DROIDX

+ Reply to Thread

Ads