MIUI.us DefX 2012.3.23

This is a discussion on MIUI.us DefX 2012.3.23 within the MIUI forums, part of the Gingerbread Roms category; Originally Posted by clothednblack If you flashed Bmc, I don't think you will see it, could be wrong, also a reboot is needed after flashing ...


Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 696
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: MIUI.us DefX 2012.3.23

  1. #71
    Agent X
    Points: 6,401, Level: 52
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    towbiz's Avatar
    Member #
    41404
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,095
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by clothednblack View Post
    If you flashed Bmc, I don't think you will see it, could be wrong, also a reboot is needed after flashing for it to show

    sent from my Wizardry BOOSTEDASSV2 DX
    OK thanks wasn't sure if I was suppose to see it to enable it

    Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

  2. Droid X Forums
    Ads


  3. #72
    Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Points: 17,313, Level: 83
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 59.3%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    clothednblack's Avatar
    Member #
    51337
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Smith river CA
    Posts
    4,125
    Liked
    437 times
    Quote Originally Posted by towbiz View Post
    OK thanks wasn't sure if I was suppose to see it to enable it

    Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums
    Setcpu will see it or if you want bootmenu to work you need to change the name from boostedass to BOOSTEDassV2 then it will work

    sent from my Wizardry BOOSTEDASSV2 DX

  4. #73
    X Informant
    Points: 1,202, Level: 19
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    phatreno's Avatar
    Member #
    45560
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    65
    Liked
    0 times
    i just used this dropbox link to flash boostedassv2 flashed first time no BS, was have issue's with other link just wondering i use android overclock should i just leave gov. settings on preset which is set on smartass ,and then adjust cpu speed to what i want. And gotta give thanks to wizard for all his great work.since i switched to his version of miui its like i have a new phone again.
    Last edited by phatreno; 04-01-2012 at 07:44 PM.

  5. #74
    Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Points: 17,313, Level: 83
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 59.3%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    clothednblack's Avatar
    Member #
    51337
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Smith river CA
    Posts
    4,125
    Liked
    437 times
    Quote Originally Posted by phatreno View Post
    i just used this dropbox link to flash boostedassv2 flashed first time no BS, was have issue's with other link just wondering i use android overclock should i just leave gov. settings on preset which is set on smartass ,and then adjust cpu speed to what i want. And gotta give thanks to wizard for all his great work.since i switched to his version of miui its like i have a new phone again.
    Do all your adjustments in bootmenu, no need for any third party apps with bootmenu

    sent from my Wizardry BOOSTEDASSV2 DX
    Last edited by clothednblack; 04-01-2012 at 09:17 PM.

  6. #75
    rhanajoy
    Guest rhanajoy's Avatar

    Question Differences between various flavors of MIUI for Droid X?

    I'm new to the wonderful world of phone modding. I've only tried MIUI so far on my Gingerbread Droid X. I'm liking it, but I want to upgrade from 2012.1.8 to the latest version. I've been poking all over the web for the last three hours, trying to find both the most recent upgrade and upgrade guidance that doesn't use jargon I need to make my technobabble roll to understand. Thanks from the bottom of this noob's heart for the comprehensive upgrade guide. (Another excellent, more generic guide is at [GUIDE] Clean Rom Install: MIUI - MIUI - RootzWiki.) I still have a question, though. Tonight I've come across at least three different flavors of MIUI ICS ports for the Droid X. The posts here say Wizard0f0s' 2012.3.23 is stable and basically great. I'm all for stable builds and grateful for the upgrade guide, so I'll use this one. But what the heck's the difference between it and the others?

  7. #76
    Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Points: 17,313, Level: 83
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 59.3%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    clothednblack's Avatar
    Member #
    51337
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Smith river CA
    Posts
    4,125
    Liked
    437 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rhanajoy View Post
    I'm new to the wonderful world of phone modding. I've only tried MIUI so far on my Gingerbread Droid X. I'm liking it, but I want to upgrade from 2012.1.8 to the latest version. I've been poking all over the web for the last three hours, trying to find both the most recent upgrade and upgrade guidance that doesn't use jargon I need to make my technobabble roll to understand. Thanks from the bottom of this noob's heart for the comprehensive upgrade guide. (Another excellent, more generic guide is at [GUIDE] Clean Rom Install: MIUI - MIUI - RootzWiki.) I still have a question, though. Tonight I've come across at least three different flavors of MIUI ICS ports for the Droid X. The posts here say Wizard0f0s' 2012.3.23 is stable and basically great. I'm all for stable builds and grateful for the upgrade guide, so I'll use this one. But what the heck's the difference between it and the others?
    First off, welcome to modding and to miui. Go to page one of this thread to get the clearest info for updating to the latest. I don't have your answer for Ics as I haven't the best knowledge of the deference between them all. We can help you along more with bootmenu and govs once your up to date.

    sent from my Wizardry BOOSTEDASSV2 DX

  8. #77
    X Lurker
    Points: 95, Level: 1
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 1.3%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered7 days registered
    fizzoyster's Avatar
    Member #
    56372
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    Well I'm not new to roms, but I am to bootmenu. I understand OCing and UVing enough, but I need some explanation on the govs, help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

    Sent from my Droid X miui12.3.6

  9. #78
    Developer
    Developer
    Points: 13,510, Level: 75
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Wizard0f0s's Avatar
    Member #
    29569
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Seneca, SC
    Posts
    1,008
    Liked
    93 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzoyster View Post
    Well I'm not new to roms, but I am to bootmenu. I understand OCing and UVing enough, but I need some explanation on the govs, help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

    Sent from my Droid X miui12.3.6
    I'm typing this on my phone, so I can't go indepth, but here's a quick run down.

    Governors control how your CPU scales speeds (when it changes up and down in the speeds you have set). It also has some control over deep sleep (some because wakelock from apps override it).

    Just a couple of the govs:
    Performance - you always run at your max speed. Kills battery FAST.
    OnDemand - stock default gov, ramps up cpu speeds pretty quickly
    Smartass & v2 - much better at staying in lower speeds
    BOOSTEDassV2 - made by BMc. Modified version of smartassV2. Scales a better than smartassV2 and tries to put your phone into deep sleep faster.

    Hope that helps some. Hopefully someone will add to this or point to a good description of each.

    -----------
    The fastest way to learn is to break something. The learning comes with fixing it again.
    The persuader likes this.




    The fastest way to learn is to break something. The learning comes with fixing it again.





    You can get to all of our available ROMs by heading
    over to our ChameleonOS Downloads page.
    Also make sure to flash the latest 4.2.2 gapps


    --


    Check out our homepage at ChameleonOS.org and our forums
    -
    Bug Tracker | Gerrit Review | GitHub


    Buy me a drink! Please don't feel obligated to donate. If you donate, please send me a PM so I can match you to the donation.

  10. #79
    Advocate X Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    The persuader's Avatar
    Member #
    12986
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    5,603
    Liked
    66 times
    Thanks Wizard...

    Never New what the choices did...Now I know...

    Its Bubba
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard0f0s View Post
    I'm typing this on my phone, so I can't go indepth, but here's a quick run down.

    Governors control how your CPU scales speeds (when it changes up and down in the speeds you have set). It also has some control over deep sleep (some because wakelock from apps override it).

    Just a couple of the govs:
    Performance - you always run at your max speed. Kills battery FAST.
    OnDemand - stock default gov, ramps up cpu speeds pretty quickly
    Smartass & v2 - much better at staying in lower speeds
    BOOSTEDassV2 - made by BMc. Modified version of smartassV2. Scales a better than smartassV2 and tries to put your phone into deep sleep faster.

    Hope that helps some. Hopefully someone will add to this or point to a good description of each.

    -----------
    The fastest way to learn is to break something. The learning comes with fixing it again.
    It's Going Along for the Ride...

    "Stubborn In You're Bones"

  11. #80
    Themer
    Theme Developer
    Points: 15,649, Level: 80
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    jeems's Avatar
    Member #
    40702
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Round on the end, "Hi" in the middle.
    Posts
    4,389
    Liked
    176 times
    Quote Originally Posted by llpatron View Post
    My camera is working. I mean it takes photos but I am not able to see what I am sooting in the screen, it is black. Youtube videos also give me a black screen, HQ and normal quality. First tried wipe data/cache and it worked, for a while, but now is failing again.

    Is it just me? any sugestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard0f0s View Post
    A quick reboot should fix the camera being black. I haven't tried Youtube in ages though. Anybody else having issues?
    I had trouble with videos on Saturday. I was trying to watch a trailer through the redbox app (I don't think it uses youtube, but not sure) and it was black with sound. Then I tried to find it on youtube and the same thing. Reboot fixed it. It's the only time I've had issues with it.
    Check out my themes:

    Simple Sideways - MIUI lockscreen - Simple Sideways Dark - Touch of Green - Vortex RC1 - Christmas theme (in case you miss it) - Vortex RC1


Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. [ROM] MIUI.us DefX 1.10.21
    By droidxchat in forum MIUI
    Replies: 499
    Last Post: 06-15-2012, 09:45 PM
  2. Replies: 804
    Last Post: 04-18-2012, 12:37 AM
  3. [ROM] MIUI.us Defx 1.12.30
    By Wizard0f0s in forum MIUI
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 08:22 PM
  4. [ROM] MIUI.us Defx 1.12.9
    By Wizard0f0s in forum MIUI
    Replies: 535
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 08:13 AM
  5. [ROM] MIUI.us DefX 1.10.7
    By droidxchat in forum MIUI
    Replies: 756
    Last Post: 11-01-2011, 09:30 PM

Search tags for this page

droid x miui

,
droid x miui wizard
,
miui defx
,
miui defx 2012.4.5
,

miui droid x

,
miui for droid x
,
miui xternal display
,
miui.us shadow
,
wizard miui droid x
,
wizards miui droid x
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.