MIUI.us DefX 2012.3.23

This is a discussion on MIUI.us DefX 2012.3.23 within the MIUI forums, part of the Gingerbread Roms category; Originally Posted by Wizard0f0s Should have a new version out this week. It isn't the grand blur / Miui mixture, but I do have the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: MIUI.us DefX 2012.3.23

X Informant
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard0f0s View Post
    Should have a new version out this week. It isn't the grand blur / Miui mixture, but I do have the power Manager ported over. Running tests right now. Overnight (with JD disabled) I lost 3% over 5 hours (had a TB backup run during that too).

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Can't wait!!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 1.4%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by odyssey View Post
    Having tremendous trouble with the battery life and reporting of battery state on this latest version (2012.4.5). Battery life will drain dramatically fast even if I'm not using the phone all that much - and if I let it sit it will magically show me that I have more battery percentage. This happened yesterday most recently...but again just this morning for example, full charge off the plug in the morning. I sent a few texts and was on the phone for no longer than 5-10 minutes...then I just went outside a bit (off wifi) and was using the phone with screen up bright...battery life is at 18%. I am not monitoring power usage but perhaps I need to be. Anyone else having this problem? If I plug it back in for just even a few minutes (like 5 minutes) the battery indicator will say that I've jumped back up to the 65% or so range. That can't be possible.
    Any ideas?
    This has been me lately too. Everything described here verbatim. I just watched mine go form 68% to 49% in a matter of a blink of an eye.
    Rocking the MIUI and loving it.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 54.1%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    432 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Intimdtr77 View Post
    This has been me lately too. Everything described here verbatim. I just watched mine go form 68% to 49% in a matter of a blink of an eye.
    That is the dreaded battery drop, it's due to the change over for 1% increment reading instead of the 10%. It appears the update wizard has coming, may have fixed that along with a longer lasting battery all together

teleported from MI Wizardry UI DXtreme
    Edit: it doesn't really drain that fast btw, if seen it happen to mine and then stay on 1% battery left for a very long time, so the juice is still there, it's just a misreading of it

X Lurker
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruincat View Post
    Is there any way to remove torch. There is no option to delete like downloaded appsSent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Are you getting rid of it to stop the inadvertent flaming pocket? I used the "power wake only" mod to keep it from coming on in my pocket. Getting the torch from the lock screenis so handy I just couldn't imagine getting rid of it.

X Informant
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 13.5%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard0f0s View Post
    You'll need to remove the torch.apk from /system/app. I'm not sure what issues, if any, that will cause though.

If it causes any issues I'll put it back. Run smooth right now.
    It does come in handy from time to time, but I find it comes on in my pocket and stays on. I must be holding down the home button while I'm working and its in my pocket. If it would turn of after I would keep it

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 1.4%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by clothednblack View Post
    That is the dreaded battery drop, it's due to the change over for 1% increment reading instead of the 10%. It appears the update wizard has coming, may have fixed that along with a longer lasting battery all together

teleported from MI Wizardry UI DXtreme
    Edit: it doesn't really drain that fast btw, if seen it happen to mine and then stay on 1% battery left for a very long time, so the juice is still there, it's just a misreading of it
    OK. I don't plan on going to any other ROM's I really like this and Wiz has always been on top of things. I'll wait for his updates. Thanks!
    Rocking the MIUI and loving it.

Developer
    Developer
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    If it causes any issues I'll put it back. Run smooth right now.
    It does come in handy from time to time, but I find it comes on in my pocket and stays on. I must be holding down the home button while I'm working and its in my pocket. If it would turn of after I would keep it

Quote Originally Posted by I_r_josh View Post
    Are you getting rid of it to stop the inadvertent flaming pocket? I used the "power wake only" mod to keep it from coming on in my pocket. Getting the torch from the lock screenis so handy I just couldn't imagine getting rid of it.
    Like l_r_josh said, you can flash the power wake only mode to help with that. It makes it so that the power button is the only button that will turn your phone back on. It's a huge help for the exact situation you're describing (that's actually exactly what it was made for).

Now, if you're hitting the power button and home button in your pocket, it will still come on. Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot that can be done to stop it at that point.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    I_r_josh likes this.

The fastest way to learn is to break something. The learning comes with fixing it again.

You can get to all of our available ROMs by heading
    over to our ChameleonOS Downloads page.
    Also make sure to flash the latest 4.2.2 gapps

--

Check out our homepage at ChameleonOS.org and our forums
    -
    Bug Tracker | Gerrit Review | GitHub

Buy me a drink! Please don't feel obligated to donate. If you donate, please send me a PM so I can match you to the donation.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If it causes any issues I'll put it back. Run smooth right now. It does come in handy from time to time, but I find it comes on in my pocket and stays on. I must be holding down the home button while I'm working and its in my pocket. If it would turn of after I would keep itSent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Thats what the "power wake only" mod does. Makes it so the home button doesn't wake your phone and give you the flaming pocket. I thought it would be a nuisance at first but then I noticed much better battery life too from the phone not always getting woke with the hard buttons, even if it didn't activate the torch. Now I'm not sure I could be happy any other way.

Just realized wiz beat me to the punch...... But yeah hitting power+ home in your pocket would be quite a feat.
    Last edited by I_r_josh; 05-08-2012 at 12:38 AM.

X Operative
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Wiz you've made my day with this news of an update!
    Me Be AzzE n I rok AoKp

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0.6%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Looking forward to the update wiz. Haven't been on here lately do I was hoping I didn't miss an update. Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums
    Check out my customized swypes .........http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...keyboards.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast

Ads