MIUI.us DefX 2012.3.23

This is a discussion on MIUI.us DefX 2012.3.23 within the MIUI forums, part of the Gingerbread Roms category; AZ Droid Posted 4.5.12...Daaaa that 2012 will get me everytime...Damn...Idiot I am...Maybe tired too..I am used to seeing it as 2012 4.5...anything after 4.5 I ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 70 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: MIUI.us DefX 2012.3.23

Advocate X Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    AZ Droid Posted 4.5.12...Daaaa that 2012 will get me everytime...Damn...Idiot I am...Maybe tired too..I am used to seeing it as 2012 4.5...anything after 4.5 I think of it as a New Update...

Thanks my friend PhantomGhost...Hey, let me Win One will yaaa...

Love Its Bubba
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomGhost View Post
    Well, you can certainly get reliable battery life out of the current MIUI, it cant be the ROM if it doesnt act that way for everyone. It has to be something in your setup. My MIUI battery life is very consistant, the only time I ever have any sudden change is if an app gets hung in the background, which I have seen happen on multiple ROMs. Once I notice the unusual drop, I just reboot and the problem is resolved. So you can certainly make the current MIUI work. As far as an old one, I believe some of DXC's old versions were froyo based, but Froyo had a bit worse battery life than stock GB, so I doubt that would help. I think 1.9.9 was on Froyo...I might still have one of those downloaded, not positive. I think your best bet is just get the current one working right, do a cheat SBF and be careful what apps you restore data for (no system data of course), UV slot 1 to keep the battery from draining too much while its asleep, and you can get some pretty good battery life out of MIUI. One day I should put stock GB back on here and compare the battery life, see the difference.

Edit: You are already on 4.5 Bubba! That's the latest, 2012.4.5 = 4.5.12
    It's Going Along for the Ride...

"Stubborn In You're Bones"

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Most Creative Screenshot
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    My phone on miui can get 2 days nearly on my extended battery, and my fiance has miui newest build and runs stock battery getting throughout a long day no problem. she plays games a lot too. Not one bit of unpredictable battery movement. All looks normal. My vote is get a new battery off amazon for 10-15 bucks. Worst case, you have a spare battery for hardly any lost money.

You definitely should be undervolting in boot menu if you arent all ready. At least the 300mhz slot for sure, then take a couple off the top ones too.
    Droid X powered by ICS
    I've got my SBF badge.

X Operative
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silver04v View Post
    You definitely should be undervolting in boot menu if you arent all ready. At least the 300mhz slot for sure, then take a couple off the top ones too.
    So go to cpu settings in the bootmenu, select slot 1, and that will let me UV the cpu limit? What voltage value should I set it to?

Sorry I haven't used any custom cpu settings before so I have no idea where to start...please share exactly what have you modified for each slot. So far from what I understand the deep sleep is 300mhz slot, and I should UV that to use less resources during screen off- what should I set it to?

And then also UV the peak use 1000mhz slot also? Won't that tax my UI speed, esp during games and video playback? How low did you bring it down?

Thx again AzzE _oh and sorry Bubba there's too many different version numbers and releases for me to not get it confused! I'm lucky to have atleast gotten my point across lol_

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    428 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZDroid View Post
    So go to cpu settings in the bootmenu, select slot 1, and that will let me UV the cpu limit? What voltage value should I set it to?

Sorry I haven't used any custom cpu settings before so I have no idea where to start...please share exactly what have you modified for each slot. So far from what I understand the deep sleep is 300mhz slot, and I should UV that to use less resources during screen off- what should I set it to?

And then also UV the peak use 1000mhz slot also? Won't that tax my UI speed, esp during games and video playback? How low did you bring it down?

Thx again AzzE _oh and sorry Bubba there's too many different version numbers and releases for me to not get it confused! I'm lucky to have atleast gotten my point across lol_
    Mine
    300/600/800/900
    18/31/41/61
    Boostedassv2

teleported from MI Wizardry UI DXtreme

X Lurker
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard0f0s View Post
    Have you tried rzr recovery? If that works, then something with cwm recovery got corrupted. I can walk you through manually replacing it. Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Same thing happens when I try rzr recovery.

X Operative
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Thanks!! I will input those and hopefully get her running smooth.

X Operative
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 0.6%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    For the CPU numbers, they can vary a lot depending on your phone and use, someone else's numbers may not work perfectly for you. Clothednblacks numbers are great on battery life, but will slow your phone a tad, then again you may not even notice. Also, some of his voltage settings could potentially be too low for your phone to handle, so if you get random reboots or anything, thats what is causing it. Some phones handle it better than others, so you might have to play around with it to find what works best for you and the way you use your phone.
    Droid X - MIUI 2012.4.5 - 1.35Ghz - Thanks to Wizard, DXC, framework, and the rest of the devs!

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 312
    Overall activity: 12.8%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZDroid View Post
    I'm on a DX and have just tried out the amazing MiUi 4.5.12 rom but I don't feel it will do as my daily driver because of battery issues (using battery spy app to monitor) such as sudden drops in charge level, temperature rising above 110, and very inconsistent charge/ discharge rates. I also tested vortex gb and stock gb and found it to be fairly consistent compared to the 2nd init roms such as this miui and gummy, which surely means that the battery issues weren't because of a failing battery but rather the incompatibility of my hardware with these roms.

So I find myself in a position where I need to be able to depend on my phone and cannot risk unpredictable behavior, but also have grown to like Miui so much that I don't want to let go of it. Is there a previous version that isn't 2nd init based, and can I expect the battery life to be similar to what I found on stock gb? Also I couldn't find a listing of previous builds -esp one that indicated if the roms were 2nd init- and would appreciate it if anyone knows where miui keeps them available for download. Btw I tried miui.us but didn't know which version was suitable.

Thx- AzzE
    I know you have received some responses to this, but thought I'd add just a little more. Sudden drops in charge level have been noticed across roms especially those with 1% battery and I have read that it has something to do with how the battery level is reported/read. The battery itself isn't losing the charge that quickly (if it did everything in your phone would fry because that juice would have to go somewhere). I haven't noticed on any rom, but I honestly don't watch my levels that closely so that's not saying it hasn't happened. The battery on this ROM is not as good as I got on Vortex, but I think that is mostly standby time. I swear the battery wouldn't budge on vortex. Like <5% overnight. When using my phone, though, I can't tell a huge difference. My phone gets a little warmer on miui, but UV helps that as well. Also, I started with miui back in february or so and battery has gotten steadily better. My long winded reply is all just to let you know that this is good as a daily driver and the battery jumping shouldn't be misconstrued as stability issues. This rom is definitely stable. Good luck!
    Check out my themes:

Simple Sideways - MIUI lockscreen - Simple Sideways Dark - Touch of Green - Vortex RC1 - Christmas theme (in case you miss it) - Vortex RC1

Developer
    Developer
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PaJoshman View Post
    Same thing happens when I try rzr recovery.
    Ok, do you know how to use adb? There are other ways if not, that's just the easiest.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The fastest way to learn is to break something. The learning comes with fixing it again.

You can get to all of our available ROMs by heading
    over to our ChameleonOS Downloads page.
    Also make sure to flash the latest 4.2.2 gapps

--

Check out our homepage at ChameleonOS.org and our forums
    -
    Bug Tracker | Gerrit Review | GitHub

Buy me a drink! Please don't feel obligated to donate. If you donate, please send me a PM so I can match you to the donation.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Funny that the topic should come to large drops in battery charge because I've been wrestling with the same thing for awhile now. Tried many combinations of wiping battery stats, cache, dalvik, SBF, etc. My last resort is going to be SBF and reinstall w/o using Titanium Backup and/or MIUI backup to restore info in case something is getting restored that is causing these issues. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

20120417_190142.jpg20120417_190153.jpg
    Last edited by nystyletaco; 04-19-2012 at 10:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 70 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast

Ads