[ROM] Galnet MIUI ICS (2.2.1 Build 2, 1% Batt, No Charge Led,Vol+,Updated BootMenu)

This is a discussion on [ROM] Galnet MIUI ICS (2.2.1 Build 2, 1% Batt, No Charge Led,Vol+,Updated BootMenu) within the MIUI forums, part of the Gingerbread Roms category; You can try and install it over. Just wipe data, then go to mounts and storage and format system. Then mount it. Then flash. If ...

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: [ROM] Galnet MIUI ICS (2.2.1 Build 2, 1% Batt, No Charge Led,Vol+,Updated BootMenu)

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 21.2%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    You can try and install it over. Just wipe data, then go to mounts and storage and format system. Then mount it. Then flash.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to sbf.

X

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Operative
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 1.9%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    tsf launcher : any miui 2.2.5 users playing with this launcher. i have til 6 to make up my mind.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Is there a way to take the messenger icon off the lock screen? Mine tells me all the time that I have 3 messages and I dont

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums
    Liquid ICS

X Operative
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 1.9%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    ? Miui
    Gannett 2.2.5 or Miui 2012.2.29
    What's better?
    What's the difference?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Overall activity: 43.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    Quote Originally Posted by B3N View Post
    ? Miui
    Gannett 2.2.5 or Miui 2012.2.29
    What's better?
    What's the difference?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Opinionated questions are a bit hard to answer, so I'll give an opinionated answer - as far as differences Galnet has some ICS framework tweaks in it so people usually find it a bit snappier, it also has some scripts built in if you have interest in that sort of thing. The tweaks are mostly under-the-hood; it acts more or less just like normal GB MIUI. I also find it to be a bit more unstable from time to time, which I have always blamed on the framework tweaks not always playing well with all my apps. (Nothing major, just occasional FC or something like that)

DefX (the 2.29 vers.) is just straight MIUI built for GB. If you are looking for features and functionality (and, IMO, a bit more stability), its what you want. It also has some more of the extra stuff working, like it has HDMI-video out going, and the bootmenu has been moved in to the hijack binary so it works well with boot manager and CWR now; and some other mods added that make it run smoother and better. IMO, what I do is I use DefX as my daily driver, I did like the snappiness of Galnet, so I used Spare Parts + to set Anim. Speeds to faster, feels the same then.

Beans is working on getting MIUI v.4 going (which is the true ICS-based version of MIUI); and he's got a beta up now, so I would assume that is probably taking up most of his dev'ing time.
    B3N likes this.

Advocate X Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    This is very simple...

Think of it this way,

2 Custom Classic Cars...Both looking Awesome,...But the different really is..."Its Under the Hood" as I always say, ...

If your Racing to Win...One will have the edge to Win by a Nano Second...Which means to me...

"Life is Good'...Its a Win,Win for both Miui's

They are Both Awesome my Friend...I float Back n Forth...

Its Bubba
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose306 View Post
    Opinionated questions are a bit hard to answer, so I'll give an opinionated answer - as far as differences Galnet has some ICS framework tweaks in it so people usually find it a bit snappier, it also has some scripts built in if you have interest in that sort of thing. The tweaks are mostly under-the-hood; it acts more or less just like normal GB MIUI. I also find it to be a bit more unstable from time to time, which I have always blamed on the framework tweaks not always playing well with all my apps. (Nothing major, just occasional FC or something like that)

DefX (the 2.29 vers.) is just straight MIUI built for GB. If you are looking for features and functionality (and, IMO, a bit more stability), its what you want. It also has some more of the extra stuff working, like it has HDMI-video out going, and the bootmenu has been moved in to the hijack binary so it works well with boot manager and CWR now; and some other mods added that make it run smoother and better. IMO, what I do is I use DefX as my daily driver, I did like the snappiness of Galnet, so I used Spare Parts + to set Anim. Speeds to faster, feels the same then.

Beans is working on getting MIUI v.4 going (which is the true ICS-based version of MIUI); and he's got a beta up now, so I would assume that is probably taking up most of his dev'ing time.
    It's Going Along for the Ride...

"Stubborn In You're Bones"

X Informant
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Overall activity: 0.6%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Can I install this over 2.2.4? Just wipe data?
    Droid X MIUI.

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 21.2%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    yessir. You could probably do it with just a cache wipe

GUMMY

Is anyone else having problems with the camera? It will not focus correctly and force closes after a few crappy pics.

*****NEVERMIND....I turned of Autofocus and set antibanding to auto and it works perfectly now*******
    Last edited by arcaggelos; 04-05-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Remove Ads

Ads