[ROM] MIUI.us Defx 1.12.9

This is a discussion on [ROM] MIUI.us Defx 1.12.9 within the MIUI forums, part of the Gingerbread Roms category; This is MIUI 1.12.30 , created from DXC's 1.10.21 DefX merged with the MIUI 1.12.30 release. Discussion for 1.12.30 began here on this forum: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/mi...tml#post511301 ...

Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: [ROM] MIUI.us Defx 1.12.9

Developer
    Developer
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times

[ROM] MIUI.us DefX 1.12.30

This is MIUI 1.12.30, created from DXC's 1.10.21 DefX merged with the MIUI 1.12.30 release.

Discussion for 1.12.30 began here on this forum: [ROM] MIUI.us Defx 1.12.9

This is for the DROID X on the GINGERBREAD KERNEL.

What's new?
    -All 1.12.30 Changes Implemented: https://twitter.com/#!/miuirom/statu...357825/photo/1
    -All 1.12.23 Changes Implemented: MIUI.us UNITED WORLDWIDE - 1.12.23 MIUI Change Log
    -All 1.12.16 Changes Implemented: MIUI.us UNITED WORLDWIDE - MIUI.us 1.12.16 Change Log - google translated
    -720p is included in this release.

-Updated init process.

-Updated build.prop.

-Compass was removed as I still haven't gotten it to calibrate properly. If you want it, let me know and I'll post a link.

-All fixes from 1.12.9 are included in this release as well.

-Documentation detailing the previous fixes as well as the porting process is in the works.

-PLEASE READ THIS PORTION BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE RADIOS APPEARING

Unforutunately, Miui China, or Miui.us and Galnet together, decided that they wanted to split the voice and data signal graphs apart. I haven't been able to find out why yet, but it is awfully annoying. Initially, this caused all sorts of issues with CDMA. By default, CDMA does not allow you to use both voice and data at the same time. When they broke this apart into 2 seperate sections, they also broke this. Meaning that if you were using data, your phone would not ring. They appear to have fixed this completely after the 12.23 release. Unfortunately, the dual graphs are still there taking up space at the top of our phone. I haven't figured out how to get it down to one yet; I was paying more attention to whether anything was still broken. Here is a picture showing what I mean (below). Depending on your theme, it will show up as different things, but always 2 graphs (SOS and 1X on mine, E and 1X on the default theme).

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the custom bootmenu, you will not be able to get to CWM recovery through ROM Manager. The reboot menu's CWM recovery option will work perfectly though.

How to reenable rom manager for the current session only:
    In Terminal Emulator (free from the market), type:
    su
    cat.jpg
    Then you can use Rom Manager normally and it will work until your next reboot into MIUI.

--------------------------------------
    --------Installation---------------
    --------Instructions--------------
    1) SBF to .602 unless you're already on MIUI 1.10.21 or 1.12.9
    2) Flash Rom
    3) Flash any "Additions" you would like from the list below.
    4) Re-enable root permissions in the superuser app.
    5) Do not restore backups made before version 1.10.7.

Note to users on MIUI 1.12.9:

Please format /system and /cache before flashing 1.12.30. 1.12.30 moves your MIUIsettings.apk file into your /data/app where it is supposed to be. Formatting /system will remove it from the previous location. DO NOT FORMAT /data. There is no need to do so in this update.

Note to users on MIUI ICS 1.11.9 / 1.12.16 / 1.12.30:
    The recommended path would be to SBF, etc. However, you "should" be able to format /system, /cache, and /data instead of SBF. DO NOT DO THIS FROM THE BOOTMENU (blue light on reboot). You will not be able to format system correctly yet. You must boot directly into CWM to do this.

----------Downloads-------------
    http://roms.miui.us/shadow/MIUI.us_S...Wizard0f0s.zip
    MD5: 525ad7b05cf33117fac0e11fe10e4152
    Filesize: 113,250,065 bytes

-------------Additions------------

Compatible ES Mods (recommended addition to the release):
    The ES Mods include the fix for the battery bar as well as an optional drop down menu. The MIUIsettings.apk is no installed directly to /data/app instead of /system/app and the permissions are fixed for you. If you wipe /data after the installation for any reason, you can redownload the MIUIsettings.apk here: Index of /devs/andy/Extended_settings/1.12.30

Andy Thompson's site for the originals - Index of /devs/andy/Extended_settings/1.12.30. Keep in mind that if the OverScroll mod is already included as part of this release.

Powerwake Only:
    This sets your phone to only have the power button wake it from sleep (disables the other hard buttons from waking your phone).
    Thanks to BMc08GT for creating this mod. and ClothednBlack for hosting the download.
    http://db.tt/FL9LzSoB

Stock Browser:
    Back by popular request, here is the stock browser for 1.12.30. For anyone unfamiliar with this, it is the browser the Milestone uses (the one we started with before DXC moved us to the Defy base).
    * Don't forget to set your home page after flashing it.
    * If you have a FC when it opens, please wipe your cache.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32763084/Miu...er-1.12.30.zip

-------------Patches--------------
    No patches yet.

-------------Bugs------------------
    * Handscent force closes on opening
    * Wifi Tethering does not work in Infrastructure mode (it does work in peer to peer)

* Assigning sounds (notifications, ringtones, etc) is still buggy. Things that have worked for others:

1. Assign ringtones by opening the Miui Music player, long press on a song and select "Set as rington"
    2. Assign ringtones and other sounds in both Settings and separately through Themes

I am working on this one as it annoys me every time I work on a fresh flash too. Believe me, I do feel your pain.

Let me know if I missed anything

----------To Be Done------------
    * Fix the Bugs list
    * Lots of other goodies, but they will probably be in a later version

------Special Thanks To-------

-DXC for allowing me to use the 1.10.21 base, his help, and blessing in following in his footsteps
    -Andy Thompson for allowing me to use his Extended Settings mod in the release

-FirstEncounter for the init process fix

-The community for all the help, advise, and patience you have all shown as I learn my way around.

Enjoy!

Previous Versions:

MIUI 1.12.9

720P and Updated Init Added:
    http://dl.dropbox.co...720p-1.12.9.zip

Install instructions:
    This needs to be flashed from CWR. Do not use the bootmenu to access CWR to flash this. It may work, but the init is inside the bootmenu configuration and I have not tested to see if it can overwrite part of itself. Instead, from inside Miui 1.12.9, hold the power button, choose Reboot, choose CWM Recovery, and select OK.

Release Notes on 720p:
    Here is a list of fixes in the newest patch. This is not included in the full zip for Miui 1.12.9. This adds 720p recording along with fixing a lot of issues with the camera and adding mods into MIUI. The original work on the 720p piece was done by DXC. There are modifications and fixes by myself and SaurusX in place to make it work without breaking anything else. Thank you to everyone who helped me test this and find the bugs. Especially SaurusX who not only found that the lower res videos were broken initially, but also how to fix them. I will put together a detailed list of the fixes implemented and how to reproduce them for anyone interested.[/indent]
    • init replaced and doubles the number of props allowed on the system - fixes a ton of issues with DXC's original 720p implementation (toggles) as well as issues experienced with other scripted addons (PB, etc) that added props to the system. Credit to FirstEncounter for finding this fix.
    • 720P support added - When in the camcorder, select "High (2h)" for 720p. Lower resolution recordings now work as well (did not in the 1.10.28 implementation). 720P records at 9M bitRate and 24fps. Huge props (no pun intended) to SaurusX for finding and fixing this.
    • /system/etc/media_profiles.xml edits - build.prop edits are over-written by this file. Props to SaurusX for finding this and finding the optimal settings to eliminate de-syncing between audio and video over longer recordings.
    • FC going from camera->gallery->camera fixed - You can now move back and forth as fast as you want
    • build.prop edits - increased speed on home screens and with window manager by changing windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec from 55 to 80
    • Camera - 6M setting now works with auto focus = on and focus mode = infinity. This may work with other settings as well. Other settings were not tested.
    Last edited by Wizard0f0s; 01-03-2012 at 12:42 AM.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Developer
    Developer
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    I'm sorry I was delayed in posting this. I had to pickup my kids from daycare. Hope everybody enjoys! This is my first port, so I'm sure we'll find some bugs.

One thing that's been found so far is that the top battery bar doesn't work. Both the normal battery icon and the percent do.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 595
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    446 times
    Awesome, I'm glad you creditors DxC makes me happy but I'm downloading now.

FreeMyMoto!!!
    FreeMyMoto!!!
    If you need help PM me!!!
    Hey, Read these.--------------> "GUIDELINES OFCONDUCT"

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    384 times
    Awsome news..downloading now as well! Thank yOu

X Informant
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks Wizard! Anyone know how to enable weather on the lock screen? Thanks

X Informant
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 1.9%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Can someone confirm if groove IP will work with this build. It didn't work with .21

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Most Creative Screenshot
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Has this been upgraded to the 720p record and playback yet? Downloading now to try it out if it has.

edit: Also is everyone having an ok time just wiping cache moving to this from .21?
    Droid X powered by ICS
    I've got my SBF badge.

Agent X
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 64.9%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    thanks man looking forward totruing your build out and thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0.6%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Fantastic..... Thanks wizard for taking over with the build. i am going to flash this now
    Check out my customized swypes .........http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...keyboards.html

Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads