How to increase your battery life by hours on MIUI and almost any ROM!!!

This is a discussion on How to increase your battery life by hours on MIUI and almost any ROM!!! within the MIUI forums, part of the Gingerbread Roms category; Hey guys i flashed MIUI 1.11.9 about 3 days ago and its probably been my fourth time flashing 1.11.9. I know a lot of people ...

Thread: How to increase your battery life by hours on MIUI and almost any ROM!!!

X Operative
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Cool How to increase your battery life by hours on MIUI and almost any ROM!!!

Hey guys i flashed MIUI 1.11.9 about 3 days ago and its probably been my fourth time flashing 1.11.9. I know a lot of people are finding very much luck with this update, but lucky for me it is running fine with only 3 force closes total, all were from the market (it seemed to be an app that i was looking at caused it). Anyways i see people always complaining about how poor and disappointing the battery life, and i do seem to find some people that are getting good battery life as well, but its not very common. Im getting around 15-22 hours of battery life, and i am a teenager so as you may know i am using my phone for about 90% of the time its on except while I'm at school, which i leave my phone on and use a tad bit (because I'm bad ass haha).

If you want outstanding battery life try these things, (o yeah and I'm not running any scripts to help fyi):

1. Juice Defender: This is a great way to save battery on any rom, rooted or not. I have the Ultimate version which does cost some money, but you can get the app for free in some cases which i will not say because i do not support these. To really get the best results use the advanced section, this website shows the best settings, which i use, and i am getting +3.0x better battery which is insane and really does work! Heres the link with the settings: JuiceDefender Ultimate Settings??? - Android Forums , scroll down to mrmetaphore. And really take the time to read this, it helps!

2. Disable Data: Disable your data when your not using it ex.(when your not using your internet or the market or Facebook simply turn your data off which can be found in the status bar if your on MIUI.

3. Turn off monitor app: If your on MIUI or some other roms, turn off your monitoring app that monitors your data and other things if you don't need it.

4. Disable "Monitor Power Use": In your settings go to system>Battery Settings> Then turn off Monitor power use. As weird as it might seem, monitoring your battery to see what is taking up your battery actually drains your battery A TON!

5. Display: Simple, just turn down you brightness when you don't need it to be super high! I normally use auto brightness, a.k.a backlight (in the status bar). Also if you don't really care, you can disable your live wallpaper thats killing your battery and also eating up your RAM. Alsooo if you don't care for animation that much, you can disable them in settings>Display Settings> Animations and slide to MED or OFF (personally i keep them on because it makes your phone look that much cooler. Also you can turn off your screen animation as well if you'd like. Next, you should adjust your screen timeout to 5 min or less(i use 1 min). Last, you can go into advanced settings in Display settings and tweak with those things but i don't really need to/care to.

6. Location: I dont know about you but I'm only a kid and don't have a car yet so i don't really use google maps which require your GPS to on, so i would keep your "Use GPS Satellites" OFF, when you dont need them on. And you can always quickly enable your GPS in the status bar.

7. Accounts: Under "Accounts & Sync Settings" there are two options at the top, "Background Data" and "Auto- Sync" for me i don't need all of my apps to be syncing automatically which drains your battery a lot, so i would turn "Auto-Sync" OFF

8. App Killers!: NOOOOOOOO, do not use app killers if you have a droid X are almost every droid phone! This is not necessary to have installed, because droids come built in with their own "app killer" type of thing, and when you have an app killer from the market it will kill and kill and kill unnecessary thongs and if you are doing it just so you can have free memory, its not worth messing with your droids mind and killing all of these things that don't need to be killed. You can tho go into settings>Programs>Manage Applications>Running and stop running apps that you dont need running, (just don't go crazy and stopping everything every 5 minutes!

9. MIUI Stats: I turned off "Enable Reporting" because i don't want it always reporting things that i do. Its just unnecessary for me and drains your battery.

10. App Updates: If you have social networking apps like Facebook or Twitter that are always getting notifications such as messages events etc. And you don't need to see them every minute or 10 minutes, you can disable this from happening under the apps settings. I turned my Facebook notifications off, and the app only updates when i open it, which is great for me! Also if you have weather apps/widgets that are updating every 10 min and you dont need the weather that often, you can turn the intervals for updates to 1 hour or 2 or 3 or never, on most apps. When i use the weather apps that i like to use i have it set to update when i open the app or the widget.

11. Under-clocking: I am not going to talk to much about this because i know for a fact that there is plenty of information of this on google and youtube (my best friends on the web!). If you don't know what this is its basically slowing your phones processor down when its not needed to be running as fast as it can go. For example when the screen is off you don't need your phone to be running at 1ghz (Droid x's stock processing speed), so you can set a profile for it only to run at 300mhz at the most and 300mhz at the least keeping your battery nice and cool when you don't need it to be burning up in your pocket when your sitting doing nothing! Or if you don't even use your phone for games or apps that require full speeds, you can simply under-clock your phone to lets say 800mhz instead of 1000mhz/1 ghz.

Phewwwww! That was a lot of typing! Well that all i could think of at the top of my head for now, and feel free to add any input i i forget anything!

Your Welcome!,

AC

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Operative
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 0.6%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I agree with this. It's solid info.

A quick note on the GPS, tho. The GPS isn't used at all unless you're using an app that needs it. (I.E. Navigation, maps, certain social apps, and if you have geotagging set, the camera app) so it's okay to leave the GPS on & it wont use data unless you actively use it.

Also, if you're going to use auto-brightness, turn off all the advanced features. Auto brightness' metering can suck up some battery too. DXC has a great thread on this, link incoming.

*EDIT* Linky
    http://forums.miui.us/showthread.php...es-Information
    Last edited by Arak-Nafein; 12-07-2011 at 09:49 AM.

X Operative
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Arak-Nafein View Post
    I agree with this. It's solid info.

A quick note on the GPS, tho. The GPS isn't used at all unless you're using an app that needs it. (I.E. Navigation, maps, certain social apps, and if you have geotagging set, the camera app) so it's okay to leave the GPS on & it wont use data unless you actively use it.

Also, if you're going to use auto-brightness, turn off all the advanced features. Auto brightness' metering can suck up some battery too. DXC has a great thread on this, link incoming.

*EDIT* Linky
    DXC - Light Sensor Values Information
    I read something just like this before but the numbers were all wrong, thanks this is great! Sadly I'm not on MIUI right this moment (liberty) but i will definitely try these when i get back on MIUI.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    HiI have MIUI 1.12.23 latest on my HTC desire. I am happy without Juice Defender long time ago, but have problems after changed leedroid to MIUI. Wifi scheduled but JD is unable to enable that after a half day. JD restart solves the problem. JD widget shows other info than i see under the notification area. Do others have similar issues?Regards, gabor

X Operative
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gabor View Post
    HiI have MIUI 1.12.23 latest on my HTC desire. I am happy without Juice Defender long time ago, but have problems after changed leedroid to MIUI. Wifi scheduled but JD is unable to enable that after a half day. JD restart solves the problem. JD widget shows other info than i see under the notification area. Do others have similar issues?Regards, gabor
    Sorry I've never had that issue.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Had problems only with MIUI XJ X-Part D2EXT. Now it is fine with a2sd+

Remove Ads

Ads