Help locating SBF

This is a discussion on Help locating SBF within the Milestone X Support forums, part of the Milestone X Forum category; I still have had no luck locating the SBF for my carrier (Appalachian Wireless). Anyone know of any sources I may try?...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Help locating SBF

X Lurker
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 0.6%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Help locating SBF

I still have had no luck locating the SBF for my carrier (Appalachian Wireless). Anyone know of any sources I may try?

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    I have a generic North America sbf file on my site. I haven't seen any specific to Appalachian Wireless though. If you find it let me know and I will host it.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Something interesting I noticed. The Cellular South SBF on your site is named Miler_..etc and I noticed on my wifes phone (which is also thru Appalachian Wireless) that particular name is showing on her "about phone" stats. Maybe Cellular South and Appalachian Wireless are using the same one?

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    I think that is the model name, short for milestone, I know the r doesn't make sense but the other file name formats have the model in that space. I searched around a bit also and wasn't able to come up with a file or even much discussion about it. One person on XDA said he used the generic file on App. wireless and it worked fine. I'll see if I can find that post again.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    When I read it the first time and he said he lost data I though he meant he lost his user data which, of course, is normal when flashing an SBF, rereading it I think he meant he lost his data connection which isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib;
    Well, I bootlooped my phone and gave this a try. It sort of worked on my phone with Appalachian Wireless. The baseband seems to match, but I've lost data. Wish I could find a .sfb for my carrier.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    After doing some further research, I've come to the conclusion that there is NO SBF file out there on any of the forums for Appalachian Wireless. One guy told me that he had talked with a tech at AW who told him that Motorola doesnt give them ANY software. All their phones come pre-loaded and any problems they get from customers has to go back to motorola for warranty work. That pretty much sucks, but I guess thats one of the fringe benefits of living in a hick town. I did notice that all the spec for Cellular South's Milestone X seem to match up except for the PRL. I was wondering if one could flash the Cellular South SBF and then attempt to change the prl via CDMA workshop? I have located the PRL file for AW.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    You might be able to change the PRL by simply reactivating, does AW use *228?

From the X

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 1KDS View Post
    You might be able to change the PRL by simply reactivating, does AW use *228?

From the X
    They do. Theres a thought. May give that a try. Thanks.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points1 year registered3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Guys I'm in the same boat. SBF'd the Verizon update and lost data connection with AW. Was sent to AW and they wouldn't or couldn't do anything to SBF back to stock. I was waiting for them to get the update - tweak it and publish on their website (this is what they said they'd have to do). But of course months later and still nothing and still paying $30 a month for data I don't get. I'm sure it's in the radio / prl or something because I could manual activate and get talk / text working. Any resolution on this would be appreciated.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm not holding my breath waiting for AW to post it. But in all reality, if they did, it would save a lot of headaches on both ends. It sucks that customers on Cellular South and some of these other small carriers have something to fall back on and us guys stuck out here in the sticks have nothing. I mean, what's your options when your baseband is screwed? You have to send it back to Motorola and wait 2 to 4 weeks or just do without the data you're paying for.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads