so which is it already????

This is a discussion on so which is it already???? within the Milestone X Support forums, part of the Milestone X Forum category; here's the deal...got my first smartphone recently....i know, late as always but i honestly never felt a need for one until a friend showed me ...

Thread: so which is it already????

X Lurker
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

so which is it already????

here's the deal...got my first smartphone recently....i know, late as always but i honestly never felt a need for one until a friend showed me his...then i wanted one badly....so i sign up with 1 of 3 local service providers and chose the milestone x cause it was the most bad*** looking one among the few models available thru said provider. and tho i may be ignorant of many things involving the milestone x, i'm pretty far from tech illiterate....which brings us to what is undoubtedly gonna be a sad question but its gotta be done as ive searched for a week to find an answer without having to make my ignorance common knowledge....a week wasted cuz here we are....the setup is this---so i get the phone in a pretty box from a not so pretty service rep, and the box says in clear english, motorola milestone x...all is well....i take it out turn it on and look at internal info and as expected see milestone x under model number, all is well...... so i root and all goes very nicely, all is well....i try installing cm7 and all is suddenly and unexpectedly not well. now based on the research ive done for 9 days, my phone is infected by a single, or maybe 2 lines of script. this plot of corporate enterprise, a.k.a. the kernel's "un-hackable". now the problem...i can't seem to find any conclusive info on what model, version etc. my phone actually is and here's why....the sales lady said i had bought the milestone, the box says milestone x, the internal model number is milestone x, android version 2.2.2, system version 3.2.6.MB809.ACG.en.us but wait, the model number on the box (a peeloff stcker placed over the o.g. barcode and phone model area) is MOT MB810 P.H.....now i wanna either find a working custom rom or flash back to stock and both require a correct model i. but i cannot seem to find any one answer as on various forums its been referred to as milestone x, droid x, milestone x2 and droid x2....see what i mean..so does anyone have any idea wtf motorola or my service provider did here, and more importantly, what phone do i actually have? you see, sounds as lame as i said it would. any help would be appreciated none the less...and thanks in advance.....Sys ver. - 3.2.6.MB809.ACG.en.US Model Number - Milestone X Android vers. - 2.2.2 Baseband ver. - BP_C_02.06.00R Kernel ver. - 2.6.32.9-ge37fac8qgd748@il93lnxdroid09 -2 Build Num.- RETAIL ERI ver.- 1357 PRL ver.- 20335
    Last edited by DiabolikaRobotika999; 07-17-2011 at 01:52 AM.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    Looking at your system version etc I would say it is definitely the MX, it's the MB809 and the DX is the MB810. What service provider are you using? I have a few MX .sbf files but none of them match up with your system version.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    im in valdez ak and use copper valley wireless....who their provider is i haven't a clue....thanks for clearing it up for me tho, was a bit frustrated but your thoughts on the matter confirm in my own mind what i already believed....still cant figure why they'd tag the box with an incorrect mn tho....but thanks all the same.....

Technician X
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    The milestone x is just a non-droid branded X. Verizon licenses the droid brand name, therefore it can't be used on other providers. So it's the same phone hardware-wise, but there are some software differences - primarily the radio.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.5%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    Moving thread into the MX section so some other MX users can see it...

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Motorola milestone x

Quote Originally Posted by DiabolikaRobotika999 View Post
    here's the deal...got my first smartphone recently....i know, late as always but i honestly never felt a need for one until a friend showed me his...then i wanted one badly....so i sign up with 1 of 3 local service providers and chose the milestone x cause it was the most bad*** looking one among the few models available thru said provider. and tho i may be ignorant of many things involving the milestone x, i'm pretty far from tech illiterate....which brings us to what is undoubtedly gonna be a sad question but its gotta be done as ive searched for a week to find an answer without having to make my ignorance common knowledge....a week wasted cuz here we are....the setup is this---so i get the phone in a pretty box from a not so pretty service rep, and the box says in clear english, motorola milestone x...all is well....i take it out turn it on and look at internal info and as expected see milestone x under model number, all is well...... so i root and all goes very nicely, all is well....i try installing cm7 and all is suddenly and unexpectedly not well. now based on the research ive done for 9 days, my phone is infected by a single, or maybe 2 lines of script. this plot of corporate enterprise, a.k.a. the kernel's "un-hackable". now the problem...i can't seem to find any conclusive info on what model, version etc. my phone actually is and here's why....the sales lady said i had bought the milestone, the box says milestone x, the internal model number is milestone x, android version 2.2.2, system version 3.2.6.MB809.ACG.en.us but wait, the model number on the box (a peeloff stcker placed over the o.g. barcode and phone model area) is MOT MB810 P.H.....now i wanna either find a working custom rom or flash back to stock and both require a correct model i. but i cannot seem to find any one answer as on various forums its been referred to as milestone x, droid x, milestone x2 and droid x2....see what i mean..so does anyone have any idea wtf motorola or my service provider did here, and more importantly, what phone do i actually have? you see, sounds as lame as i said it would. any help would be appreciated none the less...and thanks in advance.....Sys ver. - 3.2.6.MB809.ACG.en.US Model Number - Milestone X Android vers. - 2.2.2 Baseband ver. - BP_C_02.06.00R Kernel ver. - 2.6.32.9-ge37fac8qgd748@il93lnxdroid09 -2 Build Num.- RETAIL ERI ver.- 1357 PRL ver.- 20335
    i HAVE THE MILESTONE X FROM CELLULAR SOUTH AND EVERYTHING ON MINE IS THE SAME AS YOURS/ EXCEPT MY PRL VER SAYS 10006. MINE IS DEFINATELY THE MILESTONE X I BOUGHT IT JULY 1ST.

PRL

(Preferred Roaming List)
    The PRL is a list of information that resides in the memory of some kinds of digital phones. It lists the radio frequencies the phone can use in various geographic areas.

The part of the list for each area is ordered by the bands the phone should try to use first. Therefore it's a kind of priority list for which towers the phone should use.

The PRL helps determine which home-network towers to use, and also which towers belonging to other networks to use in roaming situations (areas where the home network has no coverage.) When roaming, the PRL may instruct the phone to use the network with the best roaming rate for the carrier, rather than the one with the strongest signal at the moment.

Since a PRL tells the phone "where" to search for a signal, as carrier networks change over time, an updated PRL may be required for a phone to "see" all of the coverage that it should, both with the home network and for roaming.
    Last edited by BAD0MEN; 07-19-2011 at 09:13 PM.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    just so everyone knows i'm not crazy or worse cuz of my inability to find on my own such a simple bit of information, i offer this link as an example...

Cellcom - Clearly the Best

by the way anyone successfully installed a stable custom rom yet? will probably not have time to search forum/s myself tonight due to 2 jobs and not enough hours in 1 day....thanks for your input in this other matter tho....don't know why but it seems someone tried do deceive me when i bought this phone, but in the end and more so once i get a decent rom to work, im pretty impressed with it....tho it does dramatically effect the sleep hours to work hours ratio, and i'm out.....

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    That phone used to be an droid x if it had m8810 that's the model number of the droidx

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Droid X Forums

X Lurker
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DiabolikaRobotika999 View Post
    just so everyone knows i'm not crazy or worse cuz of my inability to find on my own such a simple bit of information, i offer this link as an example... Cellcom - Clearly the Best by the way anyone successfully installed a stable custom rom yet? will probably not have time to search forum/s myself tonight due to 2 jobs and not enough hours in 1 day....thanks for your input in this other matter tho....don't know why but it seems someone tried do deceive me when i bought this phone, but in the end and more so once i get a decent rom to work, im pretty impressed with it....tho it does dramatically effect the sleep hours to work hours ratio, and i'm out.....
    Didn't mean to dig up an old thread but I actually have the cellcom milestone x so I can comment on this. They simply messed up the model number on their web site. It is indeed a MB809 not MB810. It confused me too. - Jason

Remove Ads

Ads