Need help

This is a discussion on Need help within the Milestone X Hacks forums, part of the Milestone X Forum category; Ok Im just wondering a few things. I have a Motorola Milestone X. I recently rooted it. Im confused whether I have Droid X or ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help

X Informant
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Need help

Ok Im just wondering a few things. I have a Motorola Milestone X. I recently rooted it. Im confused whether I have Droid X or Milestone X. It says Milestone X. on the Model Number. I was wanting to do a Flash ClockworkMod Recovery for my phone with Rom Manager. When I do there is no option for Milestone X. Closest is Milestone Or Droid x Or Droid x(2nd-init). Im not sure which one to use. I tried to install a rom a couple of days ago and almost destroyed my phone. Someone on here thankfully helped me to get it back. Heres what I have now.( 4.5.604.MB809>ACG-nTelos.en.US ). Milestone X , 2.3.5, Kernel 2.6.32.9-geadffa3, Build. number 4.5.1 . So what Roms are available to me. Do I go by the guielines for the Milestone X or Droid X. Thanks

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 1.6%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    To install CWM you'll need Droid 2 Bootstrap from the market. 2 bucks, but you've got to have it in order to hijack the recovery so CWM can be installed. You will also need ROM Manager (free in the market). Open D2 and select Reboot Recovery. Then open ROM Manager and select Update to Latest Recovery. A device list will pop up. Choose DROID X 2ND INIT. Now CWM will be installed on your phone.

Basically what you have is a Droid X that's been fooled into thinking it's a Milestone X so it could be rooted. As far as ROM's go, here's where I get mine.

http://rootzwiki.com/forum/16-droid-x-development/

Sent from my Liquid X
    Last edited by newmanx4; 07-10-2012 at 01:03 PM.

X Informant
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    What do you suggest just starting out?

X Informant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Also how do I know I have CWM. I did all the steps you said to do. I just cant tell it did anything for sure. Also can I use any of the options in Rom Manager.

X Informant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    OK I was asking. I read somewhere that you hold the power and voulume buttons down it goes into CWM. Mine goes into bootloader. with options. Do I not have CWM on my phone?

X Pursuant
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    While the phone is on, press and hold the power button. In the menu that comes up choose recovery. If that's not there choose reboot and then you should get another menu where you can select recovery. ROM Manager also has the option to reboot to recovery but it's always hit or miss for me.

As far as a ROM for starters do you prefer to stay on Gingerbread or do you want to make the jump to ICS?

Sent from my Liquid X

X Informant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Like to go to ICS if its a stable one.

X Informant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok when I hold the power button on top it just comes up. silent mode, airplane mode, sleep, and power off

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kysuperstar99 View Post
    Ok when I hold the power button on top it just comes up. silent mode, airplane mode, sleep, and power off
    If you don't have a rom flashed yet you either need to use rom manager or D2 bootstrapper to get you into CWM. Rom manager is used as above but like newmanx4 said it doesn't always work. For d2 bootstrapper. You want to hit bootstrap recovery. Once it says "success" or whatever, hit reboot recovery and it should take you into CWM. Then you can backup, flash roms, etc.
    Last edited by jeems; 07-10-2012 at 04:10 PM. Reason: typographical error
    Check out my themes:

Simple Sideways - MIUI lockscreen - Simple Sideways Dark - Touch of Green - Vortex RC1 - Christmas theme (in case you miss it) - Vortex RC1

X Pursuant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    When you use Bootstrapper and select recovery you should get a prompt from Superuser asking for root permission. Are you getting that? If not you need to run Zergrush again.

Sent from my Liquid X

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads