Need help

This is a discussion on Need help within the Milestone X Hacks forums, part of the Milestone X Forum category; I've got a Droid X1 with the Millenium X "604" code installed. It is rooted using the 604-to-621 iso mentioned in this thread: IMPORTANT Information ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need help

X Lurker
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've got a Droid X1 with the Millenium X "604" code installed. It is rooted using the 604-to-621 iso mentioned in this thread: IMPORTANT Information Regarding .621 System Update! - Droid X - RootzWiki - Page 33

I don't have, nor do I intend to ever activate the phone, I only want to use it on WiFi connections. I can connect with the WiFi, but can't seem to use that connection to do anything, including browse the web.

I am trying to install CWM to complete the process mentioned in the above thread, but I can't figure out how to do that. Today is the first day I've had the dx1 at a public hotspot to try to get what I need, to install cwm onto the phone.

Why can't I do the most basic things like browse the web, since I'm connected with a good WiFi signal? I tried to login to my google account but it says it can't contact the server.

It would be nice if I could utilize my notebook PC to obtain what I need and copy it over to the dx1 using USB, but haven't seen anything posted that explains how to do that.

Is there a way to copy apk files from the sdcard into place on the phone so they can be executed or recognized?

If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it greatly. I was talking to Goose306 about this but haven't heard back in awhile.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 1.6%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kysuperstar99 View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering about the text messaging. Does it work and if not can I install a third party app that will work? Thanks, Also how do you know to update. I know I read where they update their roms. How would you update? Go into settings on phone maybe. I saw an option to update somewhere in settings. Thanks
    Ok. Text messaging works fine. It's MMS that doesn't. Some people have been able to use GoSMS to get around that. I personally use Handcent. It and the stock messaging app need a fix. Here is a link to that fix.

http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topi...ms#entry665216

If you want a working camcorder you need to grab LG Camera (free) from the market. Open the camera and bring up the camera settings. Set the camera resolution to 8mp and set auto focus to off. Then switch to camcorder and set its resolution to 640x480. It should already be there by default. For video playback you'll need to grab MX Player (free) from the market. It needs to be set on S/W decoder.

As far as getting ROM updates you just need to keep up with the Liquid thread here

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/sh...d.php?p=571907

or at Rootzwiki.

http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topi...t]#entry781946

When the ROM is updated it will be in the original post.

Sent from my Liquid X

X Informant
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok thanks, I noticed my text messaging is working. I dont even know what MMS is. That just shows how much I know. I dont ever use my camcorder any but I do take pictures with my phone. I guess for you tube I would need MX Player. If so I will need that because I occasionally watch videos on YOU TUBE

X Pursuant
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    MMS is multimedia messaging. Pictures, vids, ringtones. YouTube works, just have to watch everything in high quality for it to play. As far as taking pictures the stock camera works.

Sent from my Liquid X

X Informant
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I was wondering. I dont know if I changed anything or not. I am not getting my missed call notifications up on the notification bar. I been trying to customize some. The bar is still there with the time signal and so forth. It just doesnt have missed call notification. I am running the the liquid ics. Thanks

X Pursuant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    In status bar settings reset notification color to white and adjust transparency slider to 100%.

Sent from my Liquid X

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Ads