Need help

This is a discussion on Need help within the Milestone X Hacks forums, part of the Milestone X Forum category; Yes, it did go into CWM. Now am I ready for a rom. Can I get one with Rom Manager or somewhere else. Which would ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help

X Informant
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, it did go into CWM. Now am I ready for a rom. Can I get one with Rom Manager or somewhere else. Which would be the best stable one for my phone. ICS would be good if it will be good on my phone.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 1.6%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Yep. Now you are ready to flash a ROM. You'll always flash from CWM. These are my two favorite ICS ROM's.

Liquid Smooth

http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topi...t]#entry781946

AOKP

http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topi...L]#entry613682

Whichever you choose, the downloads are in the first post of each thread. You'll need the ROM download and the Google Apps (Gapps). You need to d/l them to PC then transfer them over to your SD card. They need to go on the root of the card (not in any existing folders). Once you have them you just reboot to recovery(in recovery its volume keys to navigate and camera button to execute commands), wipe data, wipe cache, then select install zip from SD card, navigate to the ROM zip and select it. Once it's complete install the Gapps zip then reboot. The initial boot will seem like it's taking forever but just give it some time.

The Gapps page can be confusing so here's a link to the ones you need. Save these as you'll use them for any ICS ROM.

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

There are a few things that will need some tweaking to work properly on ICS such as camcorder and sending MMS messages but I'll be glad to help you with that.

Sent from my Liquid X
    Last edited by newmanx4; 07-10-2012 at 05:38 PM.

X Informant
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok Im ready, I know how to download it to the computer. I guess I hook up the phone with The usb cable. Here where i need help. How to I put it on the root of the card. The first one is the one I was going to try. It says the google apps are included. Do I still have to install Gapps also.

X Pursuant
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    With Liquid you don't have to flash the Gapps. Doesn't hurt if you do though.

To put the d/l on your SD card, hook your phone to your PC. You will get a USB notification on your phone. Set USB to memory card access and then it will show as a drive in My Computer. Then you can just drag and drop your files on the card.

Sent from my Liquid X

Agent X
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    And if you go with a ICS rom (2init) DO NOT use d2 bootstrap again. Recovery is built into the power button.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    What rom do I run today??
    1kds SBF http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...-problems.html
    If you are in a state of "OMG I jacked my phone up". Go here for help.http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rescue-squad/

X Pursuant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Quote Originally Posted by csk415 View Post
    And if you go with a ICS rom (2init) DO NOT use d2 bootstrap again. Recovery is built into the power button.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Absolutely can't stress this enough. Now that you have used bootstrap to install recovery DO NOT use it again.

Sent from my Liquid X

X Informant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Im getting started now I will let you all know how it goes. update, I got it. It went pretty well. Thanks everyone. Any advice for what to o now is appreciated.
    Last edited by kysuperstar99; 07-11-2012 at 12:22 AM.

X Pursuant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Did you go with Liquid?

Sent from my Liquid X

X Informant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah I went with liquid

X Informant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah, I was wondering about the text messaging. Does it work and if not can I install a third party app that will work? Thanks, Also how do you know to update. I know I read where they update their roms. How would you update? Go into settings on phone maybe. I saw an option to update somewhere in settings. Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads