Milestone X to VZW

This is a discussion on Milestone X to VZW within the Milestone X General Discussions forums, part of the Milestone X Forum category; Hey fellas, I have a Milestone X I rooted for a friend of mine to get him into the smartphone era properly and he took ...

Thread: Milestone X to VZW

Question Milestone X to VZW

Hey fellas, I have a Milestone X I rooted for a friend of mine to get him into the smartphone era properly and he took it to verizon today to get it activated and it wouldnt connect to their service. I was wondering if I needed to flash a current droid X radio or had to put a VZW Droid X rom on it. Other than that the only other option is to try and find which carrier it came from and see if I can get it unlocked from their programming. The MEID is cleared for VZW service.

Appreciate the help in advanced guys.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 3.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Is the Milestone X even able to be on a CDMA network?
    And I think flashing a Droid X radio would break 3G because flashing the Milestone X radio breaks 3G on the Droid X.
    Edit: never mind, I guess it can be on CDMA networks. You could try using rsdlite to get onto the .621 DroidX ROM to get the radio and then try activating on Verizon. It might activate, but I think you'd only be able to get it talk and text that way. And if you wanted to get the Milestone X radio back you'd need to use rsdlite for .604 or whichever one it was that the Droidx can go to. But using rsdlite to change radio versions will make it so you need to either do that *228 to get the the MIN and MDN back on the phone or you'll need to do it manually by editing your MIN and MDN in the programming setting by using the built-in dialer. I think it's ##program. Or you could use QPST, I think.
    You could learn how to use QPST and change the MIN, MDN and a few other things to match another Verizon phone (if he has one) then get them to add the MEID number of the Milestone X to their system.

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."
    Last edited by NUNsLAUGHTER92; 02-01-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Remove Ads

Ads