Liquid battery life

This is a discussion on Liquid battery life within the Liquid forums, part of the Gingerbread Roms category; My phone died every night off the charger. I really like the rom but the battery power was a no for me. Whet back to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Liquid battery life

X Operative
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 2.7%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    My phone died every night off the charger. I really like the rom but the battery power was a no for me. Whet back to Liberty V9 Fully charged it at 10pm last night and still at 40 percent as of 24 hours later with a ton of texting and talking today.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Informant
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrinn View Post
    Wow, that's craptacular. If I lost 10% per hour on standby, with as much as I use my phone I'd be dead before lunch.
    Yessir, sucks pretty bad. Charges fast, when I go on lunch I throw it on the car charger for 20 minutes or so, otherwise I don't think it would make it through my shift, and that's without really using it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalmofo View Post
    Yessir, sucks pretty bad. Charges fast, when I go on lunch I throw it on the car charger for 20 minutes or so, otherwise I don't think it would make it through my shift, and that's without really using it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums
    have ya tried the new version... it's 2.6... it get's alot better battery life... it's almost... dare i say... decent... with decent use... i made it... about 15 hours and still had some life... like thirty percent
    Post Script:
    We have nothing to fear but runnig out of beer/*****|*****\
    Nemo Aeternamn Wallpapers

Sbf: Linux - Rsd Common Terminolgy Root: Ginger Tether X2:Q&A+LINKS Stolen from Goose306: Info On 621

X Operative
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 1.4%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm on 2.6 underclocked to 700 with supercharge and seems to perform OK. Battery gets me through most days. That said, I'm not sure any of the CM7 based roms have markedly better battery performance. If MIUI GB can get up and running, that may hold the most promise. I'd say that if battery is #1 for someone they probably need to use a .596 rom like DarkSlide X. JMO
    What am I running right now? Heck, I'm not sure I know!
    Wugfresh SBFboot - the easy way to sbf

X Informant
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo aeternamn View Post
    have ya tried the new version... it's 2.6... it get's alot better battery life... it's almost... dare i say... decent... with decent use... i made it... about 15 hours and still had some life... like thirty percent
    I am on 2.6.

Quote Originally Posted by OldEmt View Post
    I'd say that if battery is #1 for someone they probably need to use a .596 rom like DarkSlide X. JMO
    I love Liquid GB, everything about it, but wish it wasn't dead before I got off work.

That being said, I added Juice Defender app and that seemed to help, when I got off work today, I had 80% left.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 3.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I am on 2.6.

I love Liquid GB, everything about it, but wish it wasn't dead before I got off work.

That being said, I added Juice Defender app and that seemed to help, when I got off work today, I had 80% left.
    Hey can you post the juice defender app for me please? I don't see anything wrong with it because it's free. And the reason I don't just install it is because it says insufficient storage..

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

X Informant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Sure thing, how do I post it? The link to the one I downloaded? I got the free one and just used the standard setting, it helped ridiculously well.

X Informant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.latedroid.juicedefender&feature=sea rch_result
    T
    hat's the one I have. It turns off your radios when the screen is off to save battery, but runs instant checks every so often so you still get your message notifications. You can turn on stricter settings, but I like using my phone all the time, even when it is off and laying on my desk. I don't want to miss a notification or anything, and I tested it with people texting and facebook messaging me and got my messages right away every time.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 3.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.latedroid.juicedefender&feature=sea rch_result
    T
    hat's the one I have. It turns off your radios when the screen is off to save battery, but runs instant checks every so often so you still get your message notifications. You can turn on stricter settings, but I like using my phone all the time, even when it is off and laying on my desk. I don't want to miss a notification or anything, and I tested it with people texting and facebook messaging me and got my messages right away every time.
    Actually I meant like upload the app to a site like 4shared or a dropbox because the market is being retarded.. And you can upload it by using an app like root explorer and copying it from /data/app/ to your sdcard. But if you can't do that then its okay (:
    Edit: never mind, it finally installed.
    "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"
    Last edited by NUNsLAUGHTER92; 08-18-2011 at 02:34 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Ads