Liquid battery life

This is a discussion on Liquid battery life within the Liquid forums, part of the Gingerbread Roms category; Btw this is oc'd to 1100 with quickclock. Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Liquid battery life

Most Creative Screenshot
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Btw this is oc'd to 1100 with quickclock.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums
    Droid X powered by ICS
    I've got my SBF badge.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Informant
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm on liquid 2.5, and my battery life sucks. I take it to work, only touch it for 4 minutes on break to delete spam emails that I have got in between, call the wife for 30 minutes on lunch and I am at about 30% or less when I get home, and I keep it on the charger in the car when I am calling. I leave wifi off, bluetooth off, and I use the email widget so it gets all of my inboxes on the same place so I just click in there, select junk email and delete. The rest of the time it is on standby just sitting there. I wish I knew a way to make the battery last a bit longer. I am thinking of buying an extended battery, but on stock, apex and earlier liberties my battery lasted all day long. I love gingerbread liquid, but it sucks my battery dry pretty quick.

Super Mod Team Lead
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalmofo View Post
    I'm on liquid 2.5, and my battery life sucks. I take it to work, only touch it for 4 minutes on break to delete spam emails that I have got in between, call the wife for 30 minutes on lunch and I am at about 30% or less when I get home, and I keep it on the charger in the car when I am calling. I leave wifi off, bluetooth off, and I use the email widget so it gets all of my inboxes on the same place so I just click in there, select junk email and delete. The rest of the time it is on standby just sitting there. I wish I knew a way to make the battery last a bit longer. I am thinking of buying an extended battery, but on stock, apex and earlier liberties my battery lasted all day long. I love gingerbread liquid, but it sucks my battery dry pretty quick.
    Def seems like a major drain ..I was on 2.4 and the battery was getting better but still room for improvement ..BTW 2.5 has wifi issues where we couldn't connect and got an error so most of us went back to 2.4 bc of it...that might also be contributing to your woes..I would try flashing 2.4 until an update comes around ..

Liquid 2.4

http://db.tt/G5sSpXY

Sent from elGato's X..
    "I will not flash today...I will not flash tonight ..Oh what did I say ??"
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

X Operative
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    liquid 2.4 has given me pretty good battery life. no complaints yet. for sure stick with 2.4. 2.5 is buggy

edit* also, and i know quadrants mean nothing, but with ULV in droid over clock with 1000mhz max, i score right around 2100. comparatively, i would have to overclock to around 1250mzh to get near that mark on other 2nd-INIT roms. and i never got even close on froyo roms.
    Last edited by B1GD; 08-07-2011 at 01:51 AM.

X Informant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, just to avoid confusion, when I flash back to 2.4, what do I do first? Do I SBF back to 2.3.4 and then just flash Liquid 2.4? When I SBF back, do I do anything first or just back up my stuff and SBF? Then I root, get Droid 2 Bootstrap and flash Liquid 2.4? If I am leaving anything out, let me know. Thank you!

X Informant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, I backed up files, booted into recovery with clockwork, then loaded the rom from your link and it worked perfectly! Thank you tons and tons! I notice 2.4 has the option to boot to recovery from the power button, 2.5 doesn't, that's why I was confused. Thank you all again! Loving 2.4, it's working flawlessly.

X Operative
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 2.7%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    On 2.6 it sucks!!!!!!!!! On Liberty v9 i got a least 36 hours in between charges. On liquid I get maybe MAYBE 20hours of normal day to day stuff. I love the ROM but hate the battery life.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 0.7%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I ran liquid For a while but darkslide 4.2 gave me the best battery life. 12 hours down to 20% meadium to heavy usage but right now liberty 2.0.1 is doing good but darklide takes the cake

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

X Informant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    After calibration, I am losing about 10% per hour when the phone is on standby. Probably about 1% every 3 minutes when I am using it for anything.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    727 times
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalmofo View Post
    After calibration, I am losing about 10% per hour when the phone is on standby. Probably about 1% every 3 minutes when I am using it for anything.
    Wow, that's craptacular. If I lost 10% per hour on standby, with as much as I use my phone I'd be dead before lunch.
    "I stopped reading dystopic novels a long time ago. If I want bleakness and despair, I can look at my checkbook." - Solomon Short

"Master of Puppets I'm pulling your strings / Twisting your mind, smashing your dreams
    Blinded by me, you can't see a thing / Just call my name, 'cause I'll hear you scream
    Master / Master
    " - Metallica

DX Forums "Guidelines of Conduct"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads