AOKP stuck in bootloop, can't access clockworkmod recovery

This is a discussion on AOKP stuck in bootloop, can't access clockworkmod recovery within the Ice Cream Sandwich Help forums, part of the Droid X Ice Cream Sandwich Forum category; Sorry for the wall of text to come; I've been struggling for over 10 hours and would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions you guys ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AOKP stuck in bootloop, can't access clockworkmod recovery

AOKP stuck in bootloop, can't access clockworkmod recovery

Sorry for the wall of text to come; I've been struggling for over 10 hours and would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions you guys have to offer:
    So yesterday i went from the leaked gingerbreak droid x rom to the rom from here: [ROM] AOKP [unofficial]
    I data reset and flashed the new rom with gapps and it booted up fine. I went to Titanium Backup to restore all of my apps and user data and that worked fine, all my apps and data seemed to be restored. Titanium Backup (as well as the FAQ for the rom) said I needed to reboot for all my data to be fully restored so I turned my phone off and when I turned it back on, it was stuck in a bootloop of the unicorn start-up animation thing, and then getting to my phone's unlock screen for a couple seconds before going back to the start-up animation.
    At this point I tried getting into clockwork recovery, but for the life of me I could not get it to work. I spent a couple hours googling how to get back into clockwork recovery and tried all the methods I could find (summarized here: Boot Into Recovery From Power Off State ) but none of them worked. I finally just went into the Android system recovery mode by holding power+home until the triangle exclamation mark thing appeared and then holding both volume buttons. I wiped my data/factory reset, and rebooted from here which allowed me back into my phone as if I had just flashed the rom.
    I used my phone like this for a couple hours and everything seemed to be working (I could call/text/access data fine), but keep in mind I had none of my user data or apps as I had yet to restore them.
    When I got home I decided to try restoring my apps and data again trough Titanium Backup. They seemed to restore fine, but I still needed to reboot; and the exact same bootloop occurred. Again I went into the Android system recovery mode (clockwork recovery was still inaccessible) and wiped data/factory reset, and booted up my phone again.
    At this point I figured I needed to at least get access to clockwork recovery again so I only restored the ROM manager and Droid X bootstrapper apps. I opened the bootstrapper and hit "bootstrap recover" (I think that's what it's called) and then opened ROM manager and flashed the latest clockwork mod recovery for droid x. I clicked reboot into recovery from ROM manager, but my phone just rebooted into the red M logo, and then to being stuck at the AOKP start-up animation.
    I wiped the data/factory reset again, but this time when I hit "reboot system now" my phone got stuck once it got to the start-up animation and won't fully boot-up.
    If it helps I can get into bootloader, and from the Android system recovery menu there is an option to "apply update from sdcard." I'm wondering if maybe I could try flashing the rom again from this menu, but I don't know if this would do anything as I can't seem to boot into recovery.

I really appreciate any advice or thoughts you guys have to offer as I feel like I've exhausted every google result I've come across.

Thanks.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Agent X
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 3.4%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Someone can give a more detailed explanation, but using Droid X bootstrap probably did you in. When restoring the apps try just the app, no data stuff, and do them one at a time.

So you have no option of getting in to factory reset at this point?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Most Creative Screenshot
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    You obviously have a bad batch of data. Stop restoring all data. Just restore the apps. Then go back and restore data one by one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums
    Droid X powered by ICS
    I've got my SBF badge.

The problem is that I physically can't get into my phone now; it just bootloops even when I wipe data/factory reset. I'm thinking I might just sbf to 4.5.602 and then re-root and maybe try flashing the rom again?

The only options I have on my phone are: reboot system now, apply update from sdcard, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition. I can get into bootloader so couldn't I just sbf to 4.5.602 and redo everything?

Agent X
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shnigglefratz View Post
    The only options I have on my phone are: reboot system now, apply update from sdcard, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition. I can get into bootloader so couldn't I just sbf to 4.5.602 and redo everything?
    Did you try wipe data/factory reset yet? If not I would and see what happens. I you think your data is messing it up the factory reset should wipe it all.

gummydx running latest nightly
    What rom do I run today??
    1kds SBF http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...-problems.html
    If you are in a state of "OMG I jacked my phone up". Go here for help.http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rescue-squad/

Quote Originally Posted by csk415 View Post
    Did you try wipe data/factory reset yet? If not I would and see what happens. I you think your data is messing it up the factory reset should wipe it all.

gummydx running latest nightly
    Yeah, it worked the first two times, but now even when i wipe data/factory reset and reboot my phone, it gets to the start-up animation but never goes past it.
    Last edited by shnigglefratz; 06-10-2012 at 05:36 PM.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The same exact thing happened to me. The only way I got my phone back to a working state was to do the Linux SBF to the Milestone X / .604 - and I had to do that 3 times. Then after the 3rd SBF it rebooted and I was able to root it again and then go thru the steps to re-install AOKP. I am NOT installing the bootstrapper app again! Now that I know how to get it back I did it (install, run bootstrapper) to see if that was definitely it and it was. I am now running the latest AOKP but my battery life is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by miata492 View Post
    The same exact thing happened to me. The only way I got my phone back to a working state was to do the Linux SBF to the Milestone X / .604 - and I had to do that 3 times. Then after the 3rd SBF it rebooted and I was able to root it again and then go thru the steps to re-install AOKP. I am NOT installing the bootstrapper app again! Now that I know how to get it back I did it (install, run bootstrapper) to see if that was definitely it and it was. I am now running the latest AOKP but my battery life is terrible.
    Yeah, I figured out that droid2bootstrapper was the problem, so this time around I'm not going anywhere near it. I just finished re-downloading all of my apps and setting up my phone on AOKP, I'll test my battery life tomorrow. What kind of battery life are you getting?

X Lurker
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    As far as battery life goes I was able to go all day at work with many calls, a decent amount of email, BT on, some texts and I would be at 60 - 70%. Now I am leaving work with about 40 - 50% and that is with the same use and less apps installed. I am living with it as the phone runs so great with ICS and I have pre-ordered a SGS3. I will say that my battery life on the previous build (35) was on par or better than when on .621.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads