Wifi

This is a discussion on Wifi within the Ice Cream Sandwich General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Ice Cream Sandwich Forum category; I am also having a major problem with my Droid X and Wifi on ICS roms. I flashed AOKP a long time ago so I ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wifi

X Lurker
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Same problem with wifi

I am also having a major problem with my Droid X and Wifi on ICS roms. I flashed AOKP a long time ago so I don't remember what stock version i was coming from. But I have since tried flashing CM9, Liquid Smooth, and Gummy roms and all have the same wifi problem. It connects but then eventually the connection dies and it looks like it is connected to the network but I have no internet access.

I looked at your link and it looks crazy complicated especially since I don't know what stock system i am coming from (can't find my nandroid backup of stock). So do I SBF to 621, or 604?

Has anyone else had wifi problems?

Quote Originally Posted by specter2426 View Post
    Actually I messed up my radio because of the RSDLite program. So I followed this post and flashed Liquid ICS and I love it. Now, however, I have a worse problem, now my 3G data is completely knocked out. Only wifi works, no 3G or 1X. I don't know how to fix this problem and re-provisioning data through Verizon and that didnt' work either.

However, here is the link that got everything back to me, except for my data, which I think it was my fault.
    [Guide] Stock unrooted 621 (or bricked) to Full rooted 621 (With proper kernel) - Droid X - RootzWiki

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If I have a rooted DX on .604 that I have a Nandroid Backup of, can I use it to restore a separate DX that is running custom ROMS and I have lost the nandroid backup of?

I have no idea what version of the system file it was on before I started flashing roms...

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,587
    Overall activity: 18.9%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Sorry, I'm slightly confused. You want to use the nandroid from phone A to restore phone B?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GoCliffGo05 View Post
    Sorry, I'm slightly confused. You want to use the nandroid from phone A to restore phone B?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    What i want is my wifi on my droid x to work on ANY ics rom. It does not. Following the previous users posts, i possibly could fix the issue, but it gives different instructions depending on which verizon system version you are on. Since i am on a custom rom and dont see a nandroid backup stored of the stock system, i am confused on how to proceed.

Which is why i asked my previous question (i have a second DX that is stock)?

If restoring a nandroid from phone a to phone b is possible (both DXs) then that might solve my dillema

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Tried the Black Ice ROM 35.2 for the last 24 hours...same thing as all the other roms. Wifi connects and works, and then after some amount of time (usually less than 10 minutes), the internet connection stop working. The wifi stays "connected" but the wifi symbol turns that gray color which means that it is not sending or receiving data and the internet doesn't work. Can't browse, can't use the play store. Nothing.

This is the same behavior on every single ROM I try.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, I followed the post from a few posts ago about SBFing back to stock. I SBFed back to .604, then flashes a .621 rom. From there I flashed liquid smooth 1.52....

Same thing. Still having the SAME problem with my wifi. It connects and then the internet drops even though the wifi stays connected.

can anyone help with this? It is VERY frustrating.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Not that anybody seems to either have this problem or can assist with it, regardless I feel I should document my steps here so that if somebody else has the problem they will have some more information.

At this point I have 2 devices i am using to test. Both Droid X's.

Device A: Broken sceen otherwise working perfectly
    Device B: great cosmetic condition, but wifi issues.

Here is what I did.

Both phones were SBF'd to .604 using the rootwikiz info. On 604, both devices can download huge apps (i.e. the dark knight rises at over 2GB) without any problem. When I flash to liquid smooth ICS on btoh devices, device A works flawlessly regarding the download and wifi. There is an OCCASIONAL issue where the wifi stop working and I have to flip it off and on. Device B has major wifi issues. Same as Device A, it loses connection, and turning it off and on fixes it temporarily, but device B has this happen to it VERY frequently as opposed to device A only having it once in a very long while.

After having device A working with liquid smooth and downloading games without a problem, i Backed up the image with CWM and then restored that on to Device B hoping it would fix the problem. It has not. I'm having the same problem.

At this point I am basically out of ideas.

It's clearly only an issue with the ROMS(i have tried many, see posts above) and not the stock software, but also, it is device specific. There is clearly a problem with this device as it fails MUCH more than the other at wifi.

I am basically out of ideas. Does anyone have any suggestions? or have had this issue before?

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Did you flash the WiFi fix here?

[ROMs] Multi-ROM Thread - Blur-Based ROMs for those on .621/.604!

Also you might try using rsd lite to sbf to 621 then root with the magic md5 method.

from the seven
    Check out my themes:

Simple Sideways - MIUI lockscreen - Simple Sideways Dark - Touch of Green - Vortex RC1 - Christmas theme (in case you miss it) - Vortex RC1

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I haven't tried either yet.

The wifi fix i considered, but multiple times it says it is not needed on a 2nd-init rom. But i guess it cant hurt to try it.

I will also give the rsd lite a shot. Thanks

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

X Informant Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm having the exact same issue you describe here. I am using Wizard0f0s MIUI. This problem just started out of the blue. I use 4 different wifi connections and then one day, bam, it started having this problem on 2 of the wifi connections I use, yet the other two have no issues at all. I have used the wifi fix that Wizard incorporated into the bootmenu and it doesn't fix the issue. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads