The ultimate wrong doings of...

This is a discussion on The ultimate wrong doings of... within the Hacking Help forums, part of the Droid X Development category; The users. First off I want to make this very clear, I am not responsible for anything nor is droidxforums for any damages done to ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: The ultimate wrong doings of...

X Conveyor Achievements:
    Your first GroupThree Friends250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    97 times

Exclamation The ultimate wrong doings of...

The users. First off I want to make this very clear, I am not responsible for anything nor is droidxforums for any damages done to devices due to root, since it was up to the user to make the decisions they make. Thank you, please continue to read.

1. First off I am posting this for reasons that were obvioulsy not too obvious.

2. If you chose to delete anything other than something that can be downloaded from the market, YOU took that risk. You have potentially just bricked your device.

3. DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING THAT HAS "BLUR" IN ITS FILE NAME.

4. DO NOT try to flash a custom recovery via Rom Manager then wonder why your phone is stuck with a cool new Motorola logo.

5. This thread will be updated very frequently, before posting questions and what not, just post your problem, no questions please, I will be using this to help as many of you as possible.

6. Most importantly do not mess with the framework right now, there is many $600 papers weights laying around now.

7. DO NOT TOUCH BACK UP ASSISTANCE UNLESS ITS WINDY IN YOUR HOUSE OR OFFICE AND YOU NEED A PAPER WEIGHT.

Thank you.

B16

My Faqs:

wicked_beav
    @b16a2smith What are the current thoughts on metamorph & ninjamorph? Should we avoid? Can we just wipe to stock in recovery if issues occur?

ANSWER: Metamorph will surely become available as Stericson finds out if he can mess with it along with any other themer. So, YES, please do avoid messing with Blur-res.apk

wicked_beav
    I see you had mentioned the framework. That being said we should not be able to use Metamorph or Ninjamorph? If we did, is there an option to boot to recovery and wipe to restore to stock.

ANSWER: Understand we were NOT meant to have root, so when you wipe and try to restore the phone back to normal the phone is assuming you have not touched any proprietary files, hence it will leave things as is and you will either have to just resign back in to google and/or you will have a pretty brick.

Webs3r
    @b16 I guess, I shouldn't have done this this early. But I thought I might be able to help. Anyways,
    I tried making a theme for my Droid X. I fixed up the framework-res.apk (which is blur-res.apk [b16]), and pushed it to my phone. It's resarted, and went into a constant loop of the bootanimation. Is there an .sbf available for the Droid X? I've used every option in the recovery menu, and no luck.

ANSWER: This is unfortunately a good example of what happens when you mess with the files Moto has seemingly locked down tight. In other words ladies and gents, REFER to bullets numbered 1-7.

jeffjano

@b16a2smith so if you really didnt "delete" anything and just rooted and renamed. will a factory reset unroot?

ANSWER: No it will not unroot. Even if you rename those files you will still possibly get these:

MORE TO COME
    Last edited by B16; 07-23-2010 at 03:01 PM.
    Follow me on TWITTER!

Please read this before you root your X!
    Feel free to thank me if you think I helped. (<<<The button is on this left)
    Check out my new BLOG!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Pursuant Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesYour first Group100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Again, my suggestion is to say out loud, "I am happy if I do this and have to go back to Verizon and pay $600 for a brand new Droid X after I break it." If you cannot do that and be happy with it, then do not experiment with your phone yet. This is too rough of a process at this point. At some point in the future, it will be better understood and safer but you should still say that and know it's a possibility.
    Having SBF/RSD Lite issues? Make sure you have the right drivers installed! (32-bit or 64-bit)
    www.FreeMyMoto.com -- Android kexec project

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am HalfFrozen, and I support this message.

[In your phone, encrypting yoar hardwarez]-----

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I see you had mentioned the framework. That being said we should not be able to use Metamorph or Ninjamorph? If we did, is there an option to boot to recovery and wipe to restore to stock.

X Informant Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    As B16 suggested. Do NOT mess with frameowork-res yet. (remember we're only a day into root) That obviously would include any morphing. If you want to try this, you do so at your own accord knowing you will probably end up with a device that won't boot. There are warnings everywhere about this. Patience!

Good call on NOT flashing a recovery! I knew that would be a good point to make known! (not that you didn't either!)
    Last edited by Mike919; 07-23-2010 at 01:00 PM.
    follow me, or feel free to ask me questions on twitter @Mike91908

Droid X

X Operative
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Just don't do anything stupid until (or if I guess) the full sbf pops up.

500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jhankg View Post
    Just don't do anything stupid until (or if I guess) the full sbf pops up.
    +1.... exactly... and tested for that matter... still not even sure what version of RSD is being used... (unless i fell out of the loop)
    follow me, or feel free to ask me questions on twitter @Mike91908

Droid X

Tagger Second Class31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Droid Network News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Just a quick note for people:
    You can install BusyBox (following my guide or the install process by Birdman) and Wifi Tether and Titanium Backup all work with root access. It's the other stuff that B16 said that you shouldn't do just yet.
    Just trying to make it clear what is working right now.
    I'm Ack, a college student who runs two tech companies, works at a major consulting firm, and does personal consulting as well; oh and I play soccer and volleyball on the side . Follow me: here

X Conveyor Achievements:
    Your first GroupThree Friends250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    97 times
    Please push this in twitter and any other social media network please, this needs to be known.
    Follow me on TWITTER!

Check out my new BLOG!

X Conveyor Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    97 times
    OP updated.
    smiley68 likes this.
    Follow me on TWITTER!

Check out my new BLOG!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads