back-stepping from ICS to ROM with everything working ??

This is a discussion on back-stepping from ICS to ROM with everything working ?? within the Gingerbread Roms forums, part of the Gingerbread Development and Hacking category; I am rooted and flashed to 6/26 CyanogenMod 9 ROM, but I have a bunch of things not working, vid camera, netflix, hard button lights, ...

Thread: back-stepping from ICS to ROM with everything working ??

X Informant
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question back-stepping from ICS to ROM with everything working ??

I am rooted and flashed to 6/26 CyanogenMod 9 ROM, but I have a bunch of things not working, vid camera, netflix, hard button lights, etc.
    I am looking to go backwards to a ROM on GB maybe that is completely working. The ICS is beautiful and Devs have done an amazing job, but since I use my Droid with the missing apps a lot.. I really need them back. Would appreciated feedback on what ROMS are best.

Also, my battery life is horrible!! I have not been able to grasp kernels and whatnot to figure out how to make it work better. One minute I'll be at 88%, using my text app and then in 2 seconds battery drops to 45% or something. I have to keep it plugged in at all times. It was like that before I flashed to ICS Cyanogen and I've checked the system app that shows what is using battery but seems normal.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Agent X
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 64.9%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    You should try liberty 3 or gb miui just wipe cache and data and flash it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    727 times
    My guess on your battery issue would be that you've got a had battery and it's time to replace it. You've had it for what, nearly two years?

Yeah, Netflix isn't working with CM9, yet. Hard keys, now that's a different story. Mine are all working fine. Can you restore to stock and test to ensure they are working? If the aren't, you've got hardware problems.

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    "I stopped reading dystopic novels a long time ago. If I want bleakness and despair, I can look at my checkbook." - Solomon Short

"Master of Puppets I'm pulling your strings / Twisting your mind, smashing your dreams
    Blinded by me, you can't see a thing / Just call my name, 'cause I'll hear you scream
    Master / Master
    " - Metallica

DX Forums "Guidelines of Conduct"

X Informant
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Currently backing up my ICS with My backup Pro and will do an spf also JUST IN CASE! lol Will test out those ROMs this week when I get some time at home to play with it. thanks!

Had a new battery and test that out, but seemed to be same issue, although I really didn't give it much time.
    Hard keys were all working fine before the ICS flash so don't think its a hardware issue... and I was rooted and on the .625 or whatever version....
    We'll see if it continues when I flash back to a GB ROM.
    Last edited by Jaimie; 07-16-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    727 times
    Wait. Were you on .605 or .621?

"I stopped reading dystopic novels a long time ago. If I want bleakness and despair, I can look at my checkbook." - Solomon Short

"Master of Puppets I'm pulling your strings / Twisting your mind, smashing your dreams
    Blinded by me, you can't see a thing / Just call my name, 'cause I'll hear you scream
    Master / Master
    " - Metallica

X Informant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrinn View Post
    Wait. Were you on .605 or .621?
    LOL I was on the higher one, but couldn't rememebr the # so I made one up... So ".621" it is! I was CLOSE with .625.. good guess for me! lol

Does that make any difference in what I flash back to on GB?

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    727 times
    That could be why you were experiencing so many extra issues: 621 was never tested with CM9. Only .602 and .605 were.

Master / Master
    " - Metallica

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Overall activity: 43.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrinn View Post
    That could be why you were experiencing so many extra issues: 621 was never tested with CM9. Only .602 and .605 were.

621 works the same on CM9 as any other GB version, same with any other 2nd-init ROM. Due to 2nd-init it only really matters that we are on a GB kernel, everything else matters little. Due to the multitude of large issues I'd guess either conflicting data / bad flash / bad MD5.

*This is with the disclaimer that I haven't ran the latest (~last 2 weeks) build, so I don't know if the PVR drivers could cause conflicts. But a quick glance shows there has been nothing reported on Rootz.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    Last edited by Goose306; 07-16-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    727 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose306 View Post
    621 works the same on CM9 as any other GB version, same with any other 2nd-init ROM. Due to 2nd-init it only really matters that we are on a GB kernel, everything else matters little. Due to the multitude of large issues I'd guess either conflicting data / bad flash / bad MD5.

*This is with the disclaimer that I haven't ran the latest (~last 2 weeks) build, so I don't know if the PVR drivers could cause conflicts. But a quick glance shows there has been nothing reported on Rootz.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    Goose knows more than I on this. So I'll defer to him.

Master / Master
    " - Metallica

X Informant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for your advice! Much appreciated!

Don't get me wrong the ICS ROM is great in just about every way... most of the issues are minor, but camera and netflix are BIG use on my Droid so I would prefer to backup a bit to latest ROMs that have these things working. I plan to keep watchin it and go back when it all gets worked out. I didn't get a chance to flas anything last night, much less even read up on which ones to try. Will try again tonight.

Battery drain was same before and after so it must be the apps I'm using. I have a replacement battery in the device currently and have same battery drain issues. Need to find the best battery saver app I guess.

I'm on the fence about upgrading the phone. I'm on Verizon and "grandfathered in" with completely unlimited data, not currently under contract, with a hefty 17% discount through work. Worried about trying another carrier. Also need to think about getting a cell for my 10 yr old in the futrure as well... Think I might post that elsewhere asking for advice about carriers, data packages and whatnot...

Remove Ads

Ads