Have been AFK for months, looking for new ROM. Help?

This is a discussion on Have been AFK for months, looking for new ROM. Help? within the Gingerbread Roms forums, part of the Gingerbread Development and Hacking category; Hey everyone! A few months ago I was installing a few different ROMS (Rubix, then various Libertys) and came to settle on Liberty GB. I've ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DroidXFanatic

Thread: Have been AFK for months, looking for new ROM. Help?

X Informant
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Have been AFK for months, looking for new ROM. Help?

Hey everyone! A few months ago I was installing a few different ROMS (Rubix, then various Libertys) and came to settle on Liberty GB. I've been running Liberty GB v0.9 for months now; however, I'm ready to try something new as this rom has started giving me random errors and I'm just overall ready for something different. What I'm looking for is stability, battery life, and functionality (email, MMS, calendar for my job). What are some good stable ROMs out now?

And one last question, while I'm getting ready to swap rom's/etc, should I go ahead and sbf to froyo and take the vrz OTA update to GB to look good on vrz's end? :P I never did (I went Liberty GB). Thanks everyone.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Agent X
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 64.9%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    You can try miui... since your on gb already you can just wipe cache and data and dalvik cache in cwm recovery and flash miui

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Agent X
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Overall activity: 78.9%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    If you want something stable with amazing battery life and everything works, I mean absolutely everything then I would go with VorteX RC1. There's even great themes for it and a toolbox to change battery icons, unthrottle, and much more. This is the Rom I use most of the time. Also like Saul said, since your already on GB there's no need to SBF to Froyo, you can SBF to .602 or .605 which is GB if you want, every time I flash a new Rom I start from a fresh SBF but its not a must. Just don't do the .621 SBF as its a lil harder to root and Rom with.

Sent from my DROIDX
    Last edited by DroidXFanatic; 05-12-2012 at 07:27 PM.
    repo_man likes this.

Agent X
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Like they said. Vortex is a great rom. Debloated with the right amount of blur left in. Ran it for a long time. Can't speak for Miui since I haven't tried it yet. The ICS roms are sweet but battery life isn't great and has a few things broken. If I were you I would give vortex reloaded a run.

gummydx running latest nightly
    What rom do I run today??
    1kds SBF http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...-problems.html
    If you are in a state of "OMG I jacked my phone up". Go here for help.http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rescue-squad/

X Informant
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by saul1991 View Post
    You can try miui... since your on gb already you can just wipe cache and data and dalvik cache in cwm recovery and flash miui

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums
    Thanks for the reply! What is miui? ASOP or Blur?
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXFanatic View Post
    If you want something stable with amazing battery life and everything works, I mean absolutely everything then I would go with VorteX RC1. There's even great themes for it and a toolbox to change battery icons, unthrottle, and much more. This is the Rom I use most of the time. Also like Saul said, since your already on GB there's no need to SBF to Froyo, you can SBF to .602 or .605 which is GB if you want, every time I flash a new Rom I start from a fresh SBF but its not a must. Just don't do the .621 SBF as its a lil harder to root and Rom with.

Sent from my DROIDX
    I just wanted to reflect on my VRZ account that I got the update to GB since I never got the "official" one from them. If I SBF to .602 or .605 will that show the same thing on their end? I remember something a year ago saying that VRZ might think/suspect you were rooted ifyou never took their OTA updates which is why I wanted to go back to froyo. But if I can just SBF a GB file, I'll do that then, lol. Thanks for the info on the GB versions. I'm so out of the loop, lol. Vortex sounds like it might be for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by csk415 View Post
    Like they said. Vortex is a great rom. Debloated with the right amount of blur left in. Ran it for a long time. Can't speak for Miui since I haven't tried it yet. The ICS roms are sweet but battery life isn't great and has a few things broken. If I were you I would give vortex reloaded a run.

gummydx running latest nightly
    @ICS having broken things: Yea, I don't have time to tweak this thing anymore at this point in my life, lol. I just want something stable (but not stock, bleh, lol). Looks like Vortex might be on my list then!

Any other suggestions from anyone?

X Lurker
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 1.4%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm a long time Vortex user and like it a lot. If you are going with that, use the Reloaded version here [ROM] VorteX Reloaded (VXR) Now working with .621! - Droid X Development - RootzWiki as it has some fixes that the original doesn't have .. give that thread a read and you should be just fine. That being said, I got a hankerin' to try something new and so have loaded up MIUI DefX MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s and so far I like that as well. For zero tweak phone use, hit Vortex Reloaded!

Remove Ads

Ads