Already Bricked

This is a discussion on Already Bricked within the Gingerbread Roms forums, part of the Gingerbread Development and Hacking category; I tried using ROM Manager because I had already flashed the latest Clockwork. I hit the button, "Reboot into Recovery" and the phone rebooted and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Already Bricked

X Informant Achievements:
    3 months registered31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Already Bricked

I tried using ROM Manager because I had already flashed the latest Clockwork. I hit the button, "Reboot into Recovery" and the phone rebooted and everything looked normal. Was I suppose to hold down the home button or something? Anyways, because of that, I tried using Droid 2 Bootstrapper. First I hit the top button, then the bottom to reboot.

Now I'm in what I think it called a "Bootloop". What do I do? Should I just SBF? I can't even hold down the power button to turn the damn thing off.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

3 months registered31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I even tried taking out the battery and putting it back in. I just keep seeing the red eye over and over. Won't get to the home screen.

Most Creative Screenshot
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    pull battery, put back in. Hold home and hold power. Hold till the triangle guy comes up. then release both. Then hit both volume buttons at the same time. Then scroll to wipe data, and the select. then scroll to reboot and see if it will reboot. this will wipe your phone fyi. But it might get you up and going without having to sbf
    Droid X powered by ICS
    I've got my SBF badge.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silver04v View Post
    pull battery, put back in. Hold home and hold power. Hold till the triangle guy comes up. then release both. Then hit both volume buttons at the same time. Then scroll to wipe data, and the select. then scroll to reboot and see if it will reboot. this will wipe your phone fyi. But it might get you up and going without having to sbf
    Nope. Still in the bootloop. Gonna try to SBF now.

Advocate X Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    Good Choice...

Always try a Factory Reset/Data Wipe First as Silver Mentioned...personally...

90% of the Time what you've experienced...My first choice would be to SBF...your Wiping Data anyways...you may as well SBF and Get your Jets Cleaned with a Fresh Start...

Its Bubba

You may have done this already...When you've finished SBFing... do a Nandroid (Backup)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmick View Post
    Nope. Still in the bootloop. Gonna try to SBF now.
    It's Going Along for the Ride...

"Stubborn In You're Bones"

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, at first I thought the SBF failed (I used 1KDS's method for Mac), because I got a "couldn't finish operation due to insufficient memory". I thought that odd because my internal card is 8GB and I used virtually no space at all, so I wiped data anyway, rebooted, and I got to the screen shown in his video. I set up the phone. Now I'm up and running. My contacts were in place from the get-go because I entered my Google account info in the setup. I don't see my apps. Since I wiped data, do I simply re-install TiBu, and pull them in with it? I think I only backed up to my internal SD card on TiBu. From now on, I'll back up to both internal and external. It's not a big deal because I made sure I had all my apps as .apk files in a folder on my computer in case I screwed anything up (since I'm a newb and I expected I would at some point).

In any case, now I'm not really scared of anything. Barring an SBF brick itself (which I'll avoid because I'll just use this method), I'm pretty confident I can reset any pooch I screw in the future, LOL. So even though it's been a stressful evening, I feel good about it all now.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    Well, at first I thought the SBF failed (I used 1KDS's method for Mac), because I got a "couldn't finish operation due to insufficient memory". I thought that odd because my internal card is 8GB and I used virtually no space at all, so I wiped data anyway, rebooted, and I got to the screen shown in his video. I set up the phone. Now I'm up and running. My contacts were in place from the get-go because I entered my Google account info in the setup. I don't see my apps. Since I wiped data, do I simply re-install TiBu, and pull them in with it? I think I only backed up to my internal SD card on TiBu. From now on, I'll back up to both internal and external. It's not a big deal because I made sure I had all my apps as .apk files in a folder on my computer in case I screwed anything up (since I'm a newb and I expected I would at some point).

In any case, now I'm not really scared of anything. Barring an SBF brick itself (which I'll avoid because I'll just use this method), I'm pretty confident I can reset any pooch I screw in the future, LOL. So even though it's been a stressful evening, I feel good about it all now.
    ya... just download tibu from the market and put everything back on... you shouldn't need to back up the external sd card... as an sbf doesn't touch the external sd
    Post Script:
    We have nothing to fear but runnig out of beer/*****|*****\
    Nemo Aeternamn Wallpapers

Sbf: Linux - Rsd Common Terminolgy Root: Ginger Tether X2:Q&A+LINKS Stolen from Goose306: Info On 621

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo aeternamn View Post
    ya... just download tibu from the market and put everything back on... you shouldn't need to back up the external sd card... as an sbf doesn't touch the external sd
    K. I re-rooted and downloaded TiBu. I did a batch restore of Apps + System and it's prompting me if I want to install each 1 by 1. Is there no way to automate this so I don't have to keep hitting "Install" then "Done".

I'm gonna do it because I never successfully created a nandroid. In the future, though, once I already have a nandroid, wouldn't it make sense to skip this step if I happened to do a full SBF before attempting to flash a new ROM?
    Last edited by Madmick; 03-08-2012 at 02:06 AM.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    K. I re-rooted and downloaded TiBu. I did a batch restore of Apps + System and it's prompting me if I want to install each 1 by 1. Is there no way to automate this so I don't have to keep hitting "Install" then "Done".

I'm gonna do it because I never successfully created a nandroid. In the future, though, once I already have a nandroid, wouldn't it make sense to skip this step if I happened to do a full SBF before attempting to flash a new ROM?
    if you rooted... it should batch restore no problem...

for future reference.. once you create a nandroid... sbf... you'll just have too root... but bootstrap on.. then restore from there
    Post Script:
    We have nothing to fear but runnig out of beer/*****|*****\
    Nemo Aeternamn Wallpapers

Sbf: Linux - Rsd Common Terminolgy Root: Ginger Tether X2:Q&A+LINKS Stolen from Goose306: Info On 621

Agent X
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo aeternamn View Post
    if you rooted... it should batch restore no problem...

for future reference.. once you create a nandroid... sbf... you'll just have too root... but bootstrap on.. then restore from there
    Isn't the batch operation only for the paid version? If the free is being used its one at a time. I used the free version but not the paid.

StrykedVorteX X
    What rom do I run today??
    1kds SBF http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...-problems.html
    If you are in a state of "OMG I jacked my phone up". Go here for help.http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rescue-squad/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads