Rom suggestions

This is a discussion on Rom suggestions within the Gingerbread Roms forums, part of the Gingerbread Development and Hacking category; I see this topic has been left alone for a bit but I'll offer my two cents anyways... Vortex ReLoaded is where its at for ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rom suggestions

X Lurker
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I see this topic has been left alone for a bit but I'll offer my two cents anyways... Vortex ReLoaded is where its at for a GingerBlur based ROM, and CM9, AOKP, and Team Gummy's ICS models are all for the most part stable now a days. Hope this helps someone... Also on ICS roms read the OP, or first page to figure out "what's working"
    Probably off flashing something old, something new, or somethin' blue on my DX!

Got tester, need one? PM-me or gmail is good... benjamin.lau00@gmail.com

"Never scared!" ---- to SBF

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Quote Originally Posted by BenDROIDX00 View Post
    I see this topic has been left alone for a bit but I'll offer my two cents anyways... Vortex ReLoaded is where its at for a GingerBlur based ROM, and CM9, AOKP, and Team Gummy's ICS models are all for the most part stable now a days. Hope this helps someone... Also on ICS roms read the OP, or first page to figure out "what's working"
    wait.....there's flashers that still use GB?... I've been running Gummy since release, no way I'm going back.
    If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.

Some people are like Slinkies Ö not really good for anything, but you canít help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Overall activity: 43.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    I still use Wiz's MIUI as a DD. With his refined improvements, its very, very hard to find a ROM that offers the exact cross-section of stability, battery life, customization, and responsiveness. I like ICS, but its still an incomplete whole. I find myself every day coming home after unplugging at 5-6 AM and still having 70% plus battery life at 8-9 PM every day, with all the speed, snappiness, (and great looks) that I need, so its hard to argue with that. I do like the additional features of ICS, but just the "never worry" state that this ROM is in makes it impossible for me to find a better DD.

Personal opinion, of course.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FrontierProject View Post
    wait.....there's flashers that still use GB?... I've been running Gummy since release, no way I'm going back.
    LMAO Frontier, yeah some us just wont step back off that cliffhanger ledge thats surely holding up GB... I think the last step before taking the plunge to ICS and staying there like you and I, is literally waving "bye bye" to battery life as you knew it lol!!!

I myself only touch GB now when I'm on a fresh Brick/SBF, or going outta town and need the battery life..

Anywho, I really must say that GB does have its advantages, GB is like a SmartCar, and ICS is like a damn HUM-V

P.S. Goose got me again with the MIUI ICS thing.... right after my car analogy I read it! K, well MIUI is like a Chevy Cobalt or Cruze then cuz the Wiz, is well... THE WIZ!!!
    Last edited by BenDROIDX00; 06-06-2012 at 11:39 PM. Reason: saw Goose's post afterwards..

Quote Originally Posted by BenDROIDX00 View Post
    LMAO Frontier, yeah some us just wont step back off that cliffhanger ledge thats surely holding up GB... I think the last step before taking the plunge to ICS and staying there like you and I, is literally waving "bye bye" to battery life as you knew it lol!!!

I myself only touch GB now when I'm on a fresh Brick/SBF, or going outta town and need the battery life..

Anywho, I really must say that GB does have its advantages, GB is like a SmartCar, and ICS is like a damn HUM-V

P.S. Goose got me again with the MIUI ICS thing.... right after my car analogy I read it! K, well MIUI is like a Chevy Cobalt or Cruze then cuz the Wiz, is well... THE WIZ!!!
    I've got no beefs about the battery, I'm getting to 40% at the end of the day, I'm a mild user atm, what'r u all getting.
    If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.

Some people are like Slinkies Ö not really good for anything, but you canít help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 1.6%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    AOKP build 38.1. No overclocking or undervolting. I'm at 76% 7 hours off charger. Battery is a year old.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 3.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by newmanx4 View Post
    AOKP build 38.1. No overclocking or undervolting. I'm at 76% 7 hours off charger. Battery is a year old.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Wow! I've been wanting to flash that but I just can't pull myself away from BlackIce even though they're practically the same thing haha. I'm at 76% after 5 hours which is better than the average ICS rom for me. I may flash this new build tonight

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    On AOKP build 38.1 I have about 25% left at the end of the day, on a year old battery, no overclocking or undervolting, and I'm a moderate phone user and a WiFi HOG !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads