I love MiUI....but the battery, man......discuss? DSX?

This is a discussion on I love MiUI....but the battery, man......discuss? DSX? within the Gingerbread Roms forums, part of the Gingerbread Development and Hacking category; Hey Guys, Ive been ruining MIUI now for a few weeks and overall I really enjoy this rom. 5 point lock screen makes it so ...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: I love MiUI....but the battery, man......discuss? DSX?

Agent X
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Overall activity: 1.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times

I love MiUI....but the battery, man......discuss? DSX?

Hey Guys,

Ive been ruining MIUI now for a few weeks and overall I really enjoy this rom. 5 point lock screen makes it so I rarely even have to fully unlock the phone, drop down text notifications are stellar, customization and overall smoothness is unmatched, I feel like this is how android should be out of the box. However there are a few things that I just dont know if I can handle

1. Battery life is just bad, I wake up at 5am and by 7am its dropped 20%. This is with about 10 minutes of streaming pandora while im in the shower and thats it. Possibly a few texts....by 1pm if I have not plugged in my phone its just about dead. I can deal with this while at work because I sit at a computer all day but after work / weekends is where it really kills me.

2. Losing service, this has just happened the past couple days but I will look down at my phone and there will be a tiny X above where the service bars normally are, this can only be resolved by restarting the phone. I really cant have this happening for obvious reasons.

To combat the battery issues I have lowered my brightness and done numerous battery calibrations, while it has improved slightly its still poor

losing service I did a wipe/factory reset...still happens randomly...

Because of this I have started to look into DSX and or shuji? Everyone has said DSX has amazing battery life and is very stable, can anyone weigh in on this? Would swapping from miui to dsx require alot of work? Of course if you have solutions/work arounds for my to main issues with miui id love to hear about them

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Super Mod Team Lead
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Although Miui 1.8.5 was showing better battery life ..I find 10% an hr about right on CM based roms for me and if heavy use mid afternoon charging ...Im currently testing Darkslide and the battery is def what the hype is all about ....Im impressed with rom as well...
    You would need to sbf then install GB two part to. 596 to then flash Darkslide if you wish to try...

Sent from elGato's X..
    "I will not flash today...I will not flash tonight ..oh who am I kidding...."
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    727 times
    Not to necessarily hijack this thread but based on what you're saying, Bk, MIUI is based off of Cyanogen Mod? I ask because I honestly don't know squat about the custom ROMs. I've been thinking about trying one or more out, (and now to the thread related part...) but I can't go charge my phone in the middle of the day once classes start back in the Fall. I tried Googling Darkslide, but didn't get much other than some forum references, near the bottom of the first search page. Other references were about photography on an iPod, etc.
    "I stopped reading dystopic novels a long time ago. If I want bleakness and despair, I can look at my checkbook." - Solomon Short

"Master of Puppets I'm pulling your strings / Twisting your mind, smashing your dreams
    Blinded by me, you can't see a thing / Just call my name, 'cause I'll hear you scream
    Master / Master
    " - Metallica

DX Forums "Guidelines of Conduct"

Agent X
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrinn View Post
    Not to necessarily hijack this thread but based on what you're saying, Bk, MIUI is based off of Cyanogen Mod? I ask because I honestly don't know squat about the custom ROMs. I've been thinking about trying one or more out, (and now to the thread related part...) but I can't go charge my phone in the middle of the day once classes start back in the Fall. I tried Googling Darkslide, but didn't get much other than some forum references, near the bottom of the first search page. Other references were about photography on an iPod, etc.
    DarkSlide - X

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    727 times
    Thanks, jloya.

Continue on with the battery discussion. It might help me make up my mind as to whether or not I flash to something else or stay Moto'd.
    "I stopped reading dystopic novels a long time ago. If I want bleakness and despair, I can look at my checkbook." - Solomon Short

"Master of Puppets I'm pulling your strings / Twisting your mind, smashing your dreams
    Blinded by me, you can't see a thing / Just call my name, 'cause I'll hear you scream
    Master / Master
    " - Metallica

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    it is my understanding that Darkslide battery is one of the best if not thee best, meaning it would out perform your current set up.

MIUI is just so beautiful and smooth....although 3 1/2 hours later im at 50-60 percent..no bueno

looks like ill be giving darkslide a try

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    hey guys, found a few links for darkslide but am confused as to which one

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/d...de-v4-2-a.html

or

DarkSlide X is here!

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    727 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jloya View Post
    hey guys, found a few links for darkslide but am confused as to which one

DarkSlide v4.2

or

DarkSlide X is here!
    And as a potential ROM-flashing noob, I'm even more confused. I guess the good news about DSX is that I'm already on the rooted, 2-part GB.

Master / Master
    " - Metallica

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 64.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    Moving thread to the GB ROMs section.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    You want darkslide if on 596 ginger
    And there is a " battery fix" supposedly in new version of miui you can apply it to older versions of you want to do some tinkering

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

If you think you have bricked your phone... do this.... stop look around say a few curse words then take a deep breath because you haven't we can fix this haha

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads