Gingerbread, and 2nd init roms, what are you running now or like the best and why.

This is a discussion on Gingerbread, and 2nd init roms, what are you running now or like the best and why. within the Gingerbread Roms forums, part of the Gingerbread Development and Hacking category; I have seen a bunch of which one and why threads and polls, but I wanted some opinions on several people are running, and instead ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Gingerbread, and 2nd init roms, what are you running now or like the best and why.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 5.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Southwest Virginia, In the Boonies/Bible Belt/Coal Bucket
    Liked
    4 times

Gingerbread, and 2nd init roms, what are you running now or like the best and why.

I have seen a bunch of which one and why threads and polls, but I wanted some opinions on several people are running, and instead of sending everyone a pm, I figured Id post a new thread so others can see as well. And know what's going on. It's really hard to follow all the 2nd init roms, so I usually follow the one, I happen to be running at the time, and drop in on others to read a few posts on how the others are coming along. Most of the 596/595 Roms have been out a while, Apex RC2, Liberty, and Aosp Liberty, the new one from Mobile Sensi (Japanese Name), Zombie, Darkslide X, and I'm probably forgetting a few. Of the 2nd Inits I've used Miui, CM7, and Liquid, I know theres SSX and Justice if not others.

Having run everything listed except Justice and SSX, I am on Liquid and plan on trying the latest miui. Was on CM7 from the first release to about nightly 20, ran a few 596's, went back to cm7 because I missed the features and customization. ran nightly 32 and 42 for a while, and I've been on liquid for about 7 days now. I'm really liking liquid, but under hard use Gaming, App Installations, Browsing and what now I got around 4-6 hours. This is non stop and includes some texting and phone calls. With WiFi on all the time.

I haven't tweaked much from stock except that I'm using the interactive governor, and occassionaly I undervolt, but that's been causing me some issues with the phone staying in the max voltage/freq setting and overheating. This doesn't happen using And Overclock with rummy's voltages which are a bit high even on Low voltage. I have ran my quickclock voltages on other roms with no problems. Does anyone know of a good task manager that lists tasks and cpu % used? I've just started using CPU Spy that someone suggested to monitor how much my cpu stays in a certain state/freq.

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback received.

Also, I will probably try Miui again today, and see how that goes. I tried 29, but I had the no data issue and couldn't use the theme picker to apply themes so I uninstalled. If anyone is using miui are you using the stock launcher or adding in something with an app drawer like adw or go launcher or other launchers.

Even if you post once, it would be nice if you post again when you change roms, and give a reason so that others can see why you are switching even if it's out of curosity. But especially if you are having issues with the rom you're on and are switching to something else.
    Last edited by griz.droidx; 08-09-2011 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Typo
    SscoootzZ likes this.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registeredCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    I'm running miui with the stock launcher. I have a question for you though, what do you mean you couldn't use the theme chooser?

My name is Mike, and I'm a flashaholic. But thanks to my sponsor, MIUI, I've been clean for weeks.

X Operative
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I'm on CM7; have been on MIUI and stock ginger.

I would like to stay on cm7 (seems to be the most flexible just a little buggy) and i will probably switch back to stock GB when the new update rolls out to see how it is..

Agent X
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    i used miui w/GO launcher and never had data issues or such. i didn't try the 7.29 update and bailed back to cm7 before the 8.5 update. there weren't major issues that i experienced, it was just a sum total of little preferences that made me go back to cm7, esp. missed the mixer theme

android system info app and spare parts + have worked great for me in regards of seeing tasks and cpu/batt. usages

the black dog runs at night
    SscoootzZ likes this.

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I installed 29 and when I tried to pick the miui theme I wanted to install with the theme tool in miui, It wouldn't download and install. And I may have gotten the data issue mixed up the liquid. Perhaps it was liquid that had the data problem in 2.5 so I went back to 2.4.

I'd like to try miui but there's a few theme chooser themes that I really like, I'm using eyecandy and red passion from a guy over at xda. Eyecandy is awesome. Red Passion aint bad, its a red version of eyecandy, but hasn't been tweaked as much as eyecandy. If you're on a CM7 based rom I highly recommend either of those. Eyecandy is awesome. I do like the mixer theme too. I'll probably just stick with liquid, I haven't made up my mind. I've also been wanting to try DSX w/ Wulf's river themes, or a 596 with one of his theme's which probably won't work. Or maybe Zombie, I got the best battery on that one, and it was smoother than a baby's rump. The theme's on it weren't as nice as what you can get for theme chooser or the rivers IMHO, but still that was one slick rom. DSX was nice, but not as heavily tweaked I don't think. I could be wrong, because DSX was pretty slick too and I didn't run it as long.

X Informant
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I am sitting on the sidelines waiting for more of the bugs to be worked out of MIUI which I was really impressed by until then I am on OMFGB which really works well for me, battery life aside, and themes on the fly works great.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

X Lurker
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm on the latest version of MIUI 1.8.5. Using the stock launcher I just made a folder and put all the icons in it so it's a replacement app drawer. I like the themes on MIUI and the ability to be able to mix and match everything within the themes. From the pulldown bar to the wallpaper you can mix and match all of it. Plus it's pretty snappy and I like the button shortcuts i.e. holding the home button down from the lockscreen turns on Torch. Holding menu and volume down takes a screeshot. Those little shortcuts come in handy quite often. Hope my two cents helps.
    SscoootzZ likes this.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 3.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Zombiestomped 1.7 kept rebooting randomly after the first battery drain so I've been looking for a rom to use. I found drew garens newest work on rom manager. It's called Genesis... and wowzers its been a pleasure having it on my phone. It's smooth and the battery went 27 hours on moderate to heavy use of browsing, texting, music, and bluetooth tethering to my tablet
    Last edited by akeezy; 08-13-2011 at 03:16 AM.
    SscoootzZ likes this.

Agent X Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    I have used CM7, SSX, and Liquid there are all great ROMs. I am currently on MIUI 1.8.5 using ADW Ex launcher. So far I have not had any issues and I have the phone tweaked using the Supercharger script, ULV and Underclocking to 800 Mhz (with the Superhcharger script there is no noticeable difference), and also using Juice Defender. I am getting the best battery life out of MIUI averaging between 17 to 22 hours on a charge with moderate to heavy usage.
    SscoootzZ likes this.
    Device|ROM|Kernel:
    Galaxy S3 | CM 10.1| Stock
    Droid X | Wizards MIUI GB | Stock
    LG Revolution | Stock GB | Stock
    ViewSonic GTablet | Beasty/Clemsyn Ultimate Froyo Combo | Clemsyn
    iPod 4G | Stock | Stock

Droid X Guide for rooting, SBF, and etc check out this thread!!!

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    AK, so now you're on the DG rom? I don't wanna get anything started. But man.... And you know I respect you and think a lot of you both a friend on the various forums.. But why the DG rom's? I realize some may be good, and i did read about genesis today. It's 596 with some blur and the liberty stuff. Sounds a lot like Shuji. Not sure what the release dates were.

Anyway, If it runs well use it? I always wanted to give this guy the benefit of the doubt until I saw the APEX RC2 deal. I can't support someone IF they steal others work on purpose. If he really didn't know as he said he didn't then, I stand to differ. I ran R2D2 when I first tried romming my dx.

Back to the major isssue at hand, did you install Zombie over 596. I know you know the steps, but I just now Nanded back to froyo, then did the two part to keep from sbfing. I wonder if thats what Wulf has in mind. We will see. I tried Zombie because of the river themes. I'll bee sure to tweak the hell out of it. But I'd rather use Liberty if possible. I can't remember 100% but I don't think Zombie did that on me when I was on 595. Did you try the Liberty 8 or 9?

THanks to everyone who has responded to this survey of sorts.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads